Which whiskey is the best whiskey?

Scotch

>Implying scotch isn't needlessly harsh and hard to drink

Best whiskey is rum

i like rye because it intersects with affordability and taste

all of it is undrinkable garbage

t. hard lemonade drinker

scotch, maybe irish.

That's impossible because there are various profiles of scotch. You can get a smokey scotch. You can get a salty scotch. You can get a sweet scotch. You can get my Scot dick up your ass for all I care. But don't say "Scotch is bad" when you don't even know there are many kinds of scotch.

Having flavor variation is meaningless is a bit useless if the basic flavour tastes rough and harsh.

>literal faggot responses

Scotch is whisky.

Whiskey is everything else, and Irish is the answer to that. Even nigger-tier swill like Killbaggan is better than the best bourbon.

at least we can all agree that bourbon is the fucking worst

Like I said, find a smooth sweeter citrusy scotch.

>Scotch is whisky.
>Whiskey is everything else
what did he mean by this?

Low shelf for depressed times.
Scotch for good times.
Bourbon for standard-fare.
Irish for cleaning the toilet.

>smooth sweeter citrusy scotch
teach me senpai
im not the guy youve been talking to but i really want to know

>he drinks bourbon
>he classifies his drinks by his emotions
>yet he wants to talk shit
wew

you mixed up irish and bourbon

Take a swing at this. Stay away from "smoky" and "rich". It's somewhat basic advice, but if you really don't know if you'll like something just ask your liquor store/department manager (looks like an alcoholic in uniform) for some help. Those guys usually like discussing brands and drinks with customers.

I've found a few scotches that I love

I've found a few American that are bearable

I've never found any Irish I don't hate

well im devoted to mid shelf rye so what do you recommend?
and why should i avoid rich and smokey?
im a cigarette smoker too if that matters

This. Good stores will help you a lot of the time.

Though you've got to watch out sometimes, I've been to a couple where the people in the shop are arseholes that have a superiority complex over people who don't know what they're looking for.

Being a smoker doesn't really make a difference, smoky whisky has a peaty flavour, very different to cigarette smoke.

I would say try one from each region (Highlands, Speyside,Islands, Islay, Lowlands, Campbeltown) and see which you prefer.

>well im devoted to mid shelf rye so what do you recommend?
I'd recommend saving up some cash. Scotch is one drink you really don't want to skimp on.
>and why should i avoid rich and smokey?
You implied you wanted smooth sweeter citrusy scotch, yea? That's the opposite of rich and smoky. Rich scotch has very strong flavor and smoky is...well it's smoky.
>im a cigarette smoker too if that matters
You might want to get something a little richer then if your tastebuds are numb.

Here's a chart of the general regions of scotch origination. They all have their own basic flavor profiles.

im really excited to drink some new stuff
any brands i should keep an eye out for?

I like loads of them, just try whatever you can find. One of my favourites is Lagavulin 16 year, though it's one of the strongest, smokiest ones.

>though it's one of the strongest, smokiest ones.
i like bitter things so i might enjoy that
thanks for the advice

Bitter is one of the things you won't find in scotch actually. I can't think of any bitter ones particularly. It's just got a strong whisky flavour.

I'd recommend you try as many as you can by buying small bottles of each thing. Keep in mind it can be an expensive hobby though.

Good! Experimenting with a new drink is always a fun time.

There are lots of scotch brands. If you really want to get into it there's several books about scotch, typically single malt only but there may be blended scotch books as well.

My first scotch was Highland Park 12 year. It was a highschool graduation gift from my dad. It was smoky and strong and I got ripshit hammered with him that night while smoking cigars. Good times.

Cigars are something I've never really done. I like whisky a lot, but since I don't smoke I've never given cigars much of a thought.

I don't smoke either, at least as far as my doctors know. I just have a cigar every now and again when it's that perfect night with some nice tall cold ones or a good class of scotch. Sometimes I'll even bring my pipe out if I get the urge.

Try out a cigar with your next glass. You said you liked Lagavulin 16 so you could probably pick just about any cigar because it wouldn't overpower the drink.

I wouldn't even know where to buy one honestly. Maybe it's something I'll try some time, it might spice up the drinking.

Google "cigar stores near me", if they have a walk-in humidor they're probably legit. If nothing comes up there's internet retailers too.

There really is nothing else quite like a good hearty meal followed by some smooth scotch and a savory cigar.

my favorite

Rye

This. I've had every bourbon and scotch under the sun but nothing blew me away more than a $30 bottle of rittenhouse rye

Local distillery. Not exactly an Irish whiskey, but not an American whiskey either.

As proven by your 0 (zero) replies, it looks like we can't.

>Rittenhouse
My nigga, I gotta buy another bottle soon

>t. bourbon pleb
read the thread and you know its the general consensus that bourbon is the worst type of whiskey faggot

what's wrong with bourbon?

try some japenese whiskeys
the nikka taketsuru honestly feels like it comes in the quality of a $150 whiskey without the price.

jap whiskeys usually deliver the same fire and aftertaste of any whiskey, but with a bit less chew-yer-woodchips smoke of other whiskey

My everyday sips. I always try to keep a bottle at home.

Whichever you like best or are on the mood for. Jameson gold label and Redbreast are a two of my favorites.

I'm partial to younger Irish but sometimes like something a with bit more smoke or spice. Jim Beam rye and Ardbeg 10 year old offer good quality/price ratios for bolder tasting whiskey.

The only Canadian whiskey I've tried didn't taste adulterated was 40 Creek.

American Rye is one of my favorites for a reasonable price. But I've never met a Whiskey genre I didn't like

No aging.

I don't understand why people would make their decision based on price. Alright, you mgiht not have much cash, but I don't think whisky should be for getting drunk anyway. You should splash out on an expensive one and enjoy it over a long period.

I don't drink it to get drunk, but I might not have the cash on hand to buy a nice ~$50 bottle of Scotch, a ~$20 bottle of rye whiskey is reasonable though

its not aged and tastes sweet (like shit)
if you want sweet go drink rum like the faggot that you are

Ralfy is such a fucking kike now
>selling a 12 year for 120 pounds
Fuck him

If you like American whisky I'd highly recommend trying a dram of Auchentoshan 12. If you want something stronger look for a dram of Auchentoshan Valinch.
If you want a sweeter dram with some christmas cake elements and red fruits that ryes can give look for Glendronach 12
t. faggot with over 60 reviews of scotch on shitty blog

He meant the spelling. With and without e.

>Bourbon
>sweet

False

Which do you recommend someone starts with? I have no experience with Japanese whiskeys but I hear good things about them and always see them at the liquor store.

>implying it isnt
wew

Most liquor stores I've been in have had cigars by the register

Poor fellows in this thread at least I drink like a boss.

you sound like a faggot

Scotch when I can afford it, and never younger than 15 years.
But I'm too poor most of the time so generally just Irish or rye (Crown Royal or Canadian Club typically).

Only faggots drink anything but Jack

scotch > jap > irish >>rye >>>>bourbon
my taste, that is

dude if youre using expensive drink to validate yourself, then youre beyond help

"made mostly in Kingturkey"
Most of it is made in Illinois, and Iowa. Bottled in Tuck. The liquor biz is a helluva drug.

Rye whiskeys are my jam, but Scotch is its own tier.

Bourbon is good if you want to make a sugary drink/cocktail. Not half bad in lemonade.

I've only had regular and bourbon so far
bourbon is better but not by much

Kentucky Bourbon with Canuck Whisky as a backup.

Scotch tastes like shitty whiskey poured through moss, dirt, and a ashes.

you sound dumb as shit
ps. bourbon is garbage

>implying it is
ewe

You need a sense of taste

>he doesn't drink cask strength laphroaig neat

scotch and cigars are a perfect pair.
nothing better for a night with the lads

>nikka whiskey
lol

My nigga.

but it is
stop being retarded please

bourbon is sweet you humongous retard faggot
it might not be like candy sweet like your favorite mikes hard lemonade but it is
when people say its sweet they dont mean like rum or sugar beet, but it is indeed sweet
Scotch, on the other hand, uses mostly or all barley in its mash and the glucose content of corn is much higher. That glucose is what gives bourbon its easily recognizable sweetness. 51%+ corn in the mash is why bourbon is so sweet.
eat shit and die bourbon fag

Not a good graphic OP, so I made one for you. As you can see, I order Jamesons most of the time.

It is, though, all whiskey is at least for a few years.

Every variety of whisk(e)y is good in its own ways. Good bourbon has its place. Good scotch has its place. Good irish has its place. Good canadian exists I assume, I've never had the pleasure of trying one. Writing off entire varieties is sports team loyalty-tier retardation though. My personal go-tos are Elijah Craig 12 and Ardbeg 10, always keep a bottle of each in stock even in my poorest times.

I drink alot kf scotch sometimes wild turkey but to answer your dumb question all whiskey is great although not to fond of crown , just cause canada is full of pussies

Clown Royal Northern Harvest is breddy good my man. Beat out a lot of great international whiskys in competitions too. Canadians take for granted how good their whisky is.

The word "Whisky" refers solely to Scotch.

"Whiskey" is everything else.

all these bourbon faggots in this thread kek
>a-all w-whiskeys are g-good
>except ive never had a canadian / rye though
>but bourbon is the best!
you guys are literally niggers

>TASTING NOTES
>lists name clearly on bottle and rough price, no tasting notes to be found.

>never younger than 15, lel, mate, there are some good ones under 15

Protestant whiskey

for me, it's Evan Williams 1783, the best Whisky.

What's your favourite one?

I did a distillery tour in Glengoyne recently and tried the cask strength, it's amazing that it's so drinkable given that it's 59%. It didn't taste much harsher than a regular whisky.

they are winning, aren't they?

You're so incredibly wrong it hurts.

My favorite scotch? Probably Port Ellen 35 Year old which I had a 1/2 oz of and will probably never try another scotch like that again.
In terms of affordable stuff my go to cabinet scotch is usually Glendronach 12 or Isle of Arran 14.
Bourbon is usually known for the white sugar and vanilla qualities from the charred oak its aged in.
>bragging about drinking stuff from a massively overrated distillery
I feel sorry for you.
>and never younger than 15 years
Have fun missing out on a lot of good shit then.
I bet you think modern Macallan is good whisky too.
Other way around kiddo.
Your a pleb if you can't enjoy what each type of whisk(e)y has to offer.
Glengoyne is a southern Highland and practically a lowland so a lot of those types of whiskies are distilled well so the mouthfeel works for practically anyone. I remember drinking some older Bladnoch and thinking it was 48% until someone told me it was 57%. it really is some cool science shit.
Read a dictionary m8.
>Killbaggan is better than the best bourbon.
Okay you can stop posting now.

>im a pleb because i like the finer things in life
bourbon is garbage for plebs tho
its literally pleb shit kek
you sound buttblasted that nobody likes babys first brown drink

thanks for the list reply though, nothing really makes me smile more than an upset newfag redditor

Prove me wrong then.

When I had money: Glenlivet 18. Talisker. Lagavulin. Tullamore Dew.

Now I have none: Evan Williams w/ lime.

Not whisky, but drinking presently: Alteño añejo.

Some KSBWs are good, you moron. Wild Turkey 101. Evan Williams black or even some bottom shelf shit like Ancient Age is okay when not blended with grain alcohol. I find pricier bourbons tend to be shit. Looking at you, Blanton's.

Irish whiskey is trash. You're a fag if you drink it.

It doesn't deserve the price tag, no. Some are good, but some taste like piss. Ask me how I know.

Agreed 2bh. Never found one that doesn't taste like paint stripper.

Ok. How do you know?

I am Bear Grylls.

im more of a gin guy, but when i get whiskey i try to get local stuff. pic related is so good. a shame they only market to faggot tourists so they have to have a raft in the background.