Go to restaurant alone

>go to restaurant alone
>anxiety for the rest of the day

but when you have friends, it's a fun novelty to go out and about on your own! weeee I'm going someplace alone for a change!

WWEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeee

hehehe going out alone, how quaint! Table for... 1, please! heheh fun stuff

>favorite restaurant now has a no singles policy

Get out auties, and go play!

Just say "One for the bar" and then you're fine by any silly societal standards.

>wake up in the morning, don't go anywhere
>anxiety for the rest of the day

>out doing some adult bullshit that i don't bring any friends for
>get hungry
>eat somewhere alone
>nobody gives a fuck

>favorite restaurant has free feed for my falcon

heheheeee me too!! all these friends can be SUCH a drag when u r a 115 lb, 5'5 GRILL

Nothing wrong with this, at all.

>wake up every day of my life
>never go to any restaurants because of anxiety
>eat at home and chill out

>order pizza delivery
>clean entire house

I can't let people know how I actually live.

Have you tried not caring? I've been numbing myself towards any social situations and so far it works pretty well

I've never heard of such a policy? What place was it user?

Easy said. How exactly do you "numb yourself" towards social situations?

You don't need to clean the entire house
Just move everything you don't want them to see in a corner that they won't be able to see, and spray a ton of febreze near the door

Going out alone is only embarrassing if you're a loser.

oh god i hate that, all my go to places are starting to go no singles and i dunno what im gonna do

But that's a great excuse to invite that cute girl or boy you like.

Another solution is going with a friend or family member.

Another one if you're incredibly antisocial is creating an online group or something which people would go together in these restaurants with the sole purpose of eating.

I used to have pretty bad anxiety and crippling loneliness. I had a lot of self esteem issues (still have them just to a lesser extent) and could not for the life of me go out and do what I want because of it. I just got really angry at the world for being the way that I was. In the end, I realized no one really gives a shit about me and although this sounds like a bad thing it was pretty freeing thought that changed the way I interacted with people.

I just ended up trying to better myself so that I can at least tolerate myself because I already know that I'm gonna spend the rest of my life alone anyway. I just took care of myself a lot more. Although it was hard at first (depression made me a lazy fucking slob) what motivated me was that everyone who was a cunt to me doesn't get to see me waste away. I directed most of my anxiety's desire to making other people like me into spite.

So far, I'm much more of a sociable person because I don't give a fuck about what other people think about me because they mean nothing to me. I keep myself busy so my depression doesn't come creeping in to the extent that it did. It was hard as hell to do but pushing yourself to do it does wonders.

This isn't a mindset that necessarily works for everyone and but it works for me so far

Spite goes a long way is what I'm trying to say

>what motivated me was that everyone who was a cunt to me doesn't get to see me waste away.
That's something I'm working on too but it still doesn't get me out of my crippling social anxiety. Even if I'm slowly succeeding in not caring about what people I KNOW would think of me, I still care about people I DON'T know would think of me in day-to-day situations like going to a restaurant.

>I don't give a fuck about what other people think about me because they mean nothing to me
That's my main problem. I don't know how to stop caring. I don't know how to make them irrelevant. They DO mean something to me. They are my social judges. They will be the ones looking at me and making me feel embarrassed for every wrong step I make with my lack of social skills and I KNOW they will do that because people I know always did that.

DUDE
just give up, the diner/waitress profession and that tip you give has always been a service outlet for basic human interaction for lonely guys.

he/she says hi and smiles, takes your order, asks if you need more coffee, fills you up, listens to your off-key joke with a smile, and you tip and it's all okay.

look that's what those small corner tables, bar seats and such are all for

I actually had the reverse problem when I started: having a hard time not caring what people I was close had to say about me but having an easier time not caring about strangers. When I still had a huge phobia of eating alone, I'd be fixated on all my negative traits (general ugliness, lack of social skills). As I said, I started working on bettering myself, so I ended up losing a lot of weight, not dressing like a middle schooler, and just eating better and drinking plenty of water. For social skills, I ended up doing some volunteer services, which are very low maintenance when it comes to interactions. You can practice small talk there, as most of the people are glad you're helping out anyway and aren't expecting too much from you. These are the things that mainly helped with my well being, which translated to more confidence in myself. And the secret to any interaction is confidence because it doesn't matter what other people think about you as long as you know you're better than what they think.

Okay, I understand where you're coming from. I don't know what to say specifically in you case user because situations vary from person to person. I was never very people-oriented so it was easier for me to be by myself. People judge all the time, so I took comfort in that people, especially strangers AND especially restaurant waiters, are quick to forget a small awkward conversation. Do you remember every single stranger that has done something awkward around you in the past month? Most likely not

Take care of yourself user, these things take time. Don't be too harsh on yourself for screwing up, because everyone else does all the time but most of the time they've improved. You'll improve too even you don't see the changes right away

Thanks a lot, user. That was pretty damn great to read and it's probably going to be the best thing I'll read this whole week. On fucking Veeky Forums. It helped me a lot. Take care of yourself, too!

>Not going to a diner
>Not sitting at the counter