/tea/ general

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/4ZEuMwBJ
mate-tea.ca/
amazon.com/KAMJOVE-Gongfu-Teapot-filter-heat-resistant/dp/B00S602A18/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1496381522&sr=1-1&keywords=kamjove 300
lmgtfy.com/?q=Caffeine content in different types of tea
twitter.com/AnonBabble

a little question: how easy or hard is it to grow tea?
from what i've heard it grows best in wet rainy areas
the only tea plantation in america (officially) is in charleston, and i want to maybe create a plantation in the northeast (in a wet area of course)

bumping - Whats the tea with the highest amount of caffeine then? I want something with a kick closer to coffee.

Drink black tea with no sugar.

I'm sure the nausea will give you a hell of a kick.

Anyone know any good bagged teas? I don't want to start getting imported loose leaf until i can invest in a kettle. Just want something to hold me over for a month or so.

twinings for non-breakfast tea, though their breakfast tea is alright.
PG Tips for cuppa tea is good. Honourable mention goes to yorkshire gold

What about some bagged green tea? Currently have this but would be interested in some other blends.

Get Irish breakfast tea...just don't drink it on an empty stomach or you'll puke

this is what I drink, how much am I missing out?

Loose I know adagio tea delivers and is fairly cheap

Eh I see posts every now and then on plebbit that are self grown posters, so it's probably not too difficult. On Amazon they have saplings that you can buy but no idea how good they are.

If you look online culinary teas has some alright choices, they aren't too expensive either.

Slugging back lapsang souchong.

I remember.

Is mint a tea?

tfw can't find Dilmah bagged tea in Netherlands and have to bring my own.

Falls under herbal tea though not a literal "tea" it is still excellent on its own as well as in different blends

Sup /tea/ famiglia, anyone got experience ordering bulk teas? As by the lb and higher

Thinking about opening up a tea stand

My smokey brother.

It is great seeing new people try it and their face twist in disgust. I get a kick out of it every time.

I got a bit of a collection.
Gunpowder green
Earl Grey
Duchess of Grey
Jasmine Pearls
Silver Needle
Puer
Ti Kuan Yin

You notice what isn't on that list?

HERBAL AND ROOIBOS!

Rooibos and herbals are the bomb nigga how u livin life??

Rooibos and herbals aren't tea you retard.
Go back to your YouTube threads.

I'm enjoying fresh Shincha.

In case you didn't know, it's the very first harvest of the year within a region of Japan. The tea I'm drinking was literally harvested a couple weeks ago. The smell is so fucking fresh and fruity. I've never had green tea that was this vibrant of a green when steeped.

I highly recommend you at least try it.

Black & camomile is so good.

Chamomile is the only tea I enjoy with honey. It's great.

Is it possible to become addicted to tea or I'm just retarded?
Used to drink a latte for breakfast and tea or mate only once in a while, now I can't stop drinking them.

get some info here, it's free and I'd argue it's reliable
pastebin.com/4ZEuMwBJ
pastebin.com/4ZEuMwBJ
pastebin.com/4ZEuMwBJ

Anything can become a mental addiction, but caffeine might be what's causing it.

where did you order it from?

This is the only tea I actually drink.

I loved all yama moto yama teas I've tried.

That is not Barry's Red Cola.

I always drink my tea with honey is this bad

No, better than sugar.

www.Yunomi.life
It's a little expensive, but you could understand why. The people at Yunomi are great, I've had some good interactions with them when I needed support.

If you enjoy it then great!

Harney & Sons

Sorry, I meant that I used to drink regularly a latte at breakfast, but now I drink tea or mate not only at breakfast but also at five-o'clock and after dinner.

I never heard of mate until some friend of mine mentioned it and sent me this link when I asked about it:
mate-tea.ca/

Do you drink out of a gourd? Is it necessary? Do you actually like it?

Of commonly available teas, Pu'erh black teas have the highest caffeine content, more than all other commonly available teas (black, Oolong, green, etc.).

I use brown sugar myself and just a small spoonful. Maybe I should try some honey with it next time.

Anyone ever have roasted barley before? thoughts on it and any brands you rec?

Its not necessary but is a great part of the experience. Its easiest to do out of a french press, but using a filter straw and out of a gourd or cup os great because you can keep refilling and resteeping all day and get a very concentrated blast of it. Fill it and drink ot fast though otherwise it gets super strong and unpalatable. Look up vid tutorials

Read I love it, and, unlike him, I actually like strong mate.
There are little sacks of yerba that can be used to drink it like if it were tea, but it's very different in flavor and intensity.

I don't get rooibos.

It just tastes like fruity rust water.

It also gives me a headache.

Avoid any tea that comes in large quantities of bags at a 10bux or less pricepoint. You might as well be drinking Lipton

I too like it strong, i just warn people about it so they dont get scared away if they accidentally let it sit for awhile haha

Btw, just made a batch of iced green tea/mate with lemon juice the other day and it was amazing

White tea

weebs

I love when my mom walks into the kitchen and asks if someone is burning something

Posting my full collection

Also, who else here shops at the Asian market and if so do you have any recommendations? I find that it's p gud but usually not as fresh as shopping online or in a dedicated tea store.

I'm literally in Asia and I can;t find any good black tea

is that just an English thing mostly? all they have common is lipton yellow label

I drink like 6 cups of tea a day because I drink it while I read and I read for hours.

But it's Great Value brand green tea so I'm guessing it's just like tea dust? Am I basically drinking hot water?

Yeah my understanding is that most of asia drinks green tea.

If it is not of the camellia sinensis plant, it is technically not tea. The proper name for herbal "tea" is tisane

>Gunpowder
>Earl Grey
>Jasmine Pearls
Staples but kind of uninspired.
>Silver needle
>Pu erh
Patrician. What if I told you I've had silver needle pu erh? And what if I told you it was one of the best teas I've ever had the pleasure of trying? And what if I told you I've never seen it again? :(

>Herbal
is for casuals
>Rooibos
meh

Is this a good teapot for gongfu brewing?

amazon.com/KAMJOVE-Gongfu-Teapot-filter-heat-resistant/dp/B00S602A18/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1496381522&sr=1-1&keywords=kamjove 300

Question: what kind of tea is American tea? It tastes nothing like the black tea Asians or Europeans drink.

Generally Sri Lankan, Indian, or African black tea of the assamica variety. It's not that different from what the Brits or the Irish have, really, but they probably get slightly better harvests and blends. It's also more likely to be the CTC process. Asians are generally drinking the Chinese variety and the processing is much different.

I've been drinking bagged tea for entirely life but this thread got me interested.
There's an East-Asian shop nearby that has all kinds of foodstuffs so I'm sure they have tea as well.
Probably have some time to go there today.

>What if I told you I've had silver needle pu erh?
I want this meme to end
pressed tea=/=puerh
any tea can be pressed into a cake, for it to be puerh it has to come from yunnan and be processed in a certain way, what you had was a fuding white cake

stop spreading misinformation, caffeine content in tea is more linked to bud content and cultivar not so much to processing

actually it's kinda related to processing as well, since the tea that are less processed (whites, greens) usually have more caffeine in them than blacks and oolongs

No you retard you have it opposite, green and white tea have less caffeine than oolong and black. Come on this is like tea 101

you are wrong, kys

lmgtfy.com/?q=Caffeine content in different types of tea

Here i did it myself since thinking is hard work for you

>every single hit gives wildly different results

Wow it's almost as if you are wrong and should kys and was right

>this guy doesn't know how to condense multiple sources of information to make an intelligent conclusion, the most basic of mental tasks

And i should kms?? No thx, how bout you come back when you graduate 3rd grade

The intelligent conclusion is that trying to set a hard caffeine content for green vs. black either way is not working out, the wide variance of data supports the original claim and you should kys.

>Take appr. 6 cup ceramic pitcher
>Add 2 tbs green tea leaves,
>5 slivered figs,
>Some sliced lemon
>Pour in boiling water
Enjoy

>boiling water over green tea

Enjoy your tannins

It's just hot water from a kettle, Mr. Stickler.

trying smth new, preetty good

If it's boiling then it's too hot.

try the real stuff sometime, this bagged flavored stuff can only get you so far

yes! i love it, already ordered my 500g pack off of amazon

Tehbotolsosro

only wussies drink fruit flavoured mate
its unforgivable unless you drink terere with it

What the fuck happened to your mouse? Doggo?
Didn't see anyone ask about herbal/other shit sold like tea. I like passionflower tea and Kava for relaxing when I don't feel like drinking. Anyone else use yogi brand kava? It's got cinnamon and other nice things in it.
Mate is nice in the morning, but poorfag and it's like 7 bucks for 20 stale bags here.

How do I make decent Iced tea at work? I have a 32 ounce steal mug, and work provides boiling water, tea bags, and ice, but whenever I try to make it, it's always bitter, no matter how long I steep the tea. What am I doing wrong?

Cold deadens the taste and time brings out more bitter tannins.

You can try the Texas method using several teabags, letting them steep for at least an hour, and adding a bit more water before serving
They like adding an offensive amount of sugar though

>LE SUBTLE MEME WATER
I can't believe there's several continents full of faggots addicted to this bullshit.
Tea is the oldest food meme of all time. Only time I ever want it is when I'm sick. It's no where as refreshing as wine, beer, or water.

>tea
>subtle

You're doing it wrong.
Even white tea has flavourful varieties.

Try a cup of Lapsang Souchong and post this filth again.

I guarantee you that shit still is going to taste like watered down juice.

Nigger it tastes like a smoke bomb.

all I drink is liptons black tea
3 to 4 bags a pitcher
2 or 3 pitchers a day
sometimes I water it down as I go so I dont have to make a new pitcher

iced tea cant be unhealthy right? like just regular black tea?

>he's never had lapsang souchong

Any way to make iced tea without the offensive amount of sugar? I feel like if I was going that route, I might as well skip the tea and just drink soda.

It wasn't pressed. It was white tea fermented and aged as a pu erh.

Earl grey milk tea with boba from Tea Spots in Pasadena. Best tea I've ever had.

Went there today, had a massive amount of tea so I just grabbed some things.
Just made some tea with some of the stuff in that was in the white package, can't wait to try it.

Not him but its intentional design.

Now I'm curious because I've never had that kind. That gunpowder isn't bad at all if you keep the temp down. I wouldn't expect any of the stuff in the middle to be great.

it's going to be christmas again before I get through all these holiday themed teas I bought.

>herbal

Where's the tea tho

holy fuck yurofags no bagged shit here

Ah the MX 518...classic mouse.

Only highland teas of mild climate are mild. For you, I'd prepare a quality blend of Indian/Ceylon black teas, they get enough sun to develop a tough sticky taste. More intense than coffee.

>implying that beer is not a meme drink

Beer is not a meme. It's a conspiracy to raise the oestrogen levels in men and make them more compliant. That's not the same thing as a meme.

How do you feel about "black dragon pearls?"

I know it's not related to the thread, but I'm the one who asked. What the dick?