How'd I do steak bros?

How'd I do steak bros?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazingribs.com/tips_and_technique/mythbusting_grill_marks_and_flipping_meat.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Cut into it and I'll consider replying

just stfu

Overdid it

I don't know why it looks like you covered it in tar, but that's not too overdone. Still a healthy pink.

Outside looks over cooked. You had too much heat and didnt flip constantly. Science has told us that a good steak is flipped constantly to keep an equal or close enough to equal amount of heat on both sides to evenly cook the internals. The inside looks fine though so it probably works out just fine.

Source for that terrible information?

Measure twice, flip once, finish with a pad of butter.

>I don't know why it looks like you covered it in tar,
Flare ups. he let the flames lick the steak. The outside is going to taste bitter.

Not him, but it's common knowledge now. If you reverse sear then you flip every 15 seconds to get a crust.

>. Science has told us that a good steak is flipped constantly

guaranteed replies

amazingribs.com/tips_and_technique/mythbusting_grill_marks_and_flipping_meat.html

It started with modernist cuisine.

the same science that says your gender is based entirely on your feelings probably told you to constantly flip a steak

Thanks. Can't really argue with both Myhrvold and J. Kenji. And yeah, cast iron is so much better than a grill, especially for leaner cuts like filet or top sirloin. You need as much help as you can get to keep it juicy.

>overdid

It's still raw..

That's cow shit

Delicious looking brillo pad

nigga that aint raw

You must be at least 18 to post on Veeky Forums.

b8

Do you guys like my steak?

yeah i guess

looks boring.

Steaking takes practice.

I don't think there's anybody here that didn't make mistakes when they were beginners. The more you steak the better you get. It's a riding a bicycle sort of thing.

What a load of shit.

>Flipping steaks more than once

there goes any chance of obtaining a decent sear

not gr8 m8

Looks nice, seems like you didn't let it rest, the juices are everywhere

Did you take it straight out of the fridge and straight into the pan ?

Should set dteak out for 20 mins before cooking or outside will be burnt

It was out of the fridge for about 45 mins.

It was my first time trying to make a steak. Bought a skillet for it and everything. I think the "tarry" look might be from the butter I put on it. Articles on the internet were full of contradictions so I didn`t know what to do. Some said DONT flip more than once, some said KEEP FLIPPIN dat bitch. I turned it once.

It was pretty chewy though and I put way too much salt on it. Mfw I thought I`d make a perfect medium rare steak the first time.

Is this actual OP?

What cut did you use? What heat setting and oil? How much flipping?

I mean, it's not hard to make a good steak, but to be honest, most home cooks don't have access to actual good steak anyway so it doesn't matter that much.

>which reminds me of the recipe of steak-stuffed-steak

What the fuck is that?
From the thumbnail even it looks like a bunch of tiny worms on that shit.

It's also "common knowledge" that the planet is undergoing a process of anthropogenic climate change. Sometimes observed reality simply doesn't line up with what the experts think.

Yes it is.

It was a rib eye. I had the heat about 3/4 on the gas cooker and used olive oil (only oil I have).
It says how many times I flipped in the very post you replied to, are you spastic?

Also I should not that this was at midnight after 3 litres of beer and a bottle of wine. Thats my excuse anyway

No, didn't read. Not having all of your heat on a pan that can take it, and with a high smoke-point oil are already two fuck-ups from your single post from this thread I haven't read.

And if you were drunk, it's dubious that you would even care how "perfect" your steak was.

If you aint gonna read then dont ask me questions faggot. Get the fuck out of here.

Also your last sentence makes no sense, get the fuck out faggot

Hey, at least I can handle my booze and cook a steak. Guess I'll fuck off, your ingracious ineptitude turns me off.

I aint tryin to turn you on faggot, get the fuck outta here

What a cuck

Looks terrible. Like the charcoal you burned it on

It looks good. Next time you should try reverse sear. You won't ever go back. I'm just saying that because it appears to have been cooked at high heat the whole time. Pink edge to edge makes the steak better. I'd definitely be happy to chow down on the one you made though.

Looks good bro. I like that you season the shit out of it. Nothing is worse than a bland piece of meat. If I have to pull a Trump and eat my steak with ketchup, I'm usually mad as hell.