Pupusas

Jesus, fuck are these things good. I can't think of a better use for masa flour. I'd never even tried them until about five years ago when I moved to a more Latino heavy neighborhood. Now they're probably one of my favorite foods.

What does Veeky Forums think about pupusas?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3BtPunDYhII
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I fucking love Pupusas. First had them on a trip to San Francisco, then started eating them regularly when I moved to Denver. I like the bean/cheese/chicharron combo; with the curtido and salsa, the whole thing is like a Carolina pulled pork sandwich by way of Central America. I usually add hot sauce because I'm Mexican and Salvadorans are pussies when it comes to heat, but they're still delicious.

Well, they're fucking delicious that's what I think.

first had one at a food truck, was really good. not one of those hipster food trucks but the roach coaches that show up at construction sites at lunch time and break time

One of the best things about working for a Mexican supermarket was having the option to get these for lunch. The simple cheese filled ones with added tapatio sauce was my shit. It was hell on my waistline though.

had to google these. now I wanna make some pretty bad. fuck.

>predominately European Mexican and Venezuelan women have nice tits but lacking figures
>mulatto Dominican woman has the best of everything
Maybe there is something to be said about the merits of miscegenation.

Timely post. I just ate papusas for the first time at an El Salvadoran restaurant yesterday. It was fantastic. I really enjoyed the cactus, jalapeƱo, and cheese one.

How do I make pupusa

My Honduran friend's grandmother makes these, they're fuggin good

They're basically quesadillas made with a smaller, thicker, and softer tortilla served with a side of lightly pickled cabbage.

It's like a cross between a tamal and a quesadilla. You stuff fillings into a circular piece of masa dough and fry them.

Quesadillas (in my hood they're called sincronizadas) are made with wheat flour tortillas, whereas pupusas are all masa.

Thanks. I probably should have at least googled it before I typed that. That was basically the description I texted my wife while eating them for the first time.

The dough is just masa and water. The filling is either beans, cheese or pork (or a mix of all three, my fave). The cheese is a white low moisture cow's milk cheese similar to mozzarella. The only secret ingredient is lorocco, (an herb) which you can get at Latino markets.

There's an El Salvadorean restaurant very close to me where I've tried their pupusas, and they were honestly pretty bland. They weren't bad but I was expecting more flavor.

First time I had them was with my wife, and she totally flipped her shit over them. Might have helped that we'd just moved to the neighborhood, and a Salvadorian family had set up plastic tables and a comal in front of a church, and was selling them (with the slaw and tamarind drinks) for $1.50 each. So we got lunch on the sidewalk for like $6. It was a nice experience as we were falling in love with our new 'hood. And since then we've found four or five restaurants near us that make them. Total affordable indulgence that makes for a great cheap date. Even if we have a couple beers with them it's hard to break $20.
They ought to come with some sauce and a spicy slaw. Eat that with them and they'll be anything but bland.

>Friendly discussion about food
>Find a way to insult Salvadorians
Yup, you're Mexican alright

I said the food was good, but it's a fact that they cannot handle spicy foods.

Pupusas are not mexican right? Or is it a thing in the south?

It sounds too much like a dirty word.

They hypersensitivity probably comes from the fact that there is a pecking order based on country of origin within the Latino diaspora, and Salvadorians are nowhere near the top of it.

Kempf is that you

National dish of San Salvador, but in places where Salvadorians and Mexicans live side by side many Mexican joints make them. The best ones in my neighborhood come from a Mexican joint that just happens to have some Salvadorian customers.

How is this not a paratha

Because it's made with masa (nixtamalized corn flour) instead of wheat.

Oh, I see. I haven't really had Salvadorian food, I will have to try it one day.

Are they made of the same masa as tortillas? Or is it more like the south american corn flour for arepas?

Hmm, what difference does this make to the taste. Does it taste tart?

paratha is made of wheat, retard.

>Are they made of the same masa as tortillas?
Tastes like it.
Huge difference in taste and texture. Like the filnty flavor of corn tortillas, but thicker so more toothsome. Doesn't taste at all like wheat.

I make my curtido spicy, and there's nothing you can do about it.

I like it spicy.

I don't have a griddle. Can I use a pan to make these?

yes

What fillings do you like?

In My 'hood the options are seasoned pork or beans and cheese or all three together. I like all three together best.

>my family is salvadoran
>me being tall and not spic looking
>have only ever dated white girls
>show them all the majesty of papusas
>every single one has genuinely loved them
>they will think of me for the rest of their lives every time they eat one
feels good man

pork bean and cheese is the way to go
everything else is just wrong

wouldnt have expected to have ever seen a papusa thread on Veeky Forums to be honest

none of those countries make papusas
mexicans make tacos, they dont know shit about papusas
you should look for salvadoran papusarias, pleb

Isn't that Arianny celeste? she's filipina

>my family is salvadoran
pussy
Mexicans can make any kind of food, especially a cuisine as simple as Salvadoran. Regardless of what kind of food you're eating, if you're eating it in America, it's most likely made by Mexicans.

corn flour tortilla dough
fry up some pork cracklings (thats what white people call chicharon)
black refried bean paste
and mozzarella

do like your going to make a tortilla
flatten out the dough in your hand and then add the filling in the center
wrap the tortilla dough around the filling like a dumpling but then flatten it out into its shape
slap it on a griddle to fry

its simple as shit really

papusas dont need lorocco
thats just a type

>Be European
>Can't find masa anywhere except overpriced as fuck on webshops
I assume regular corn flour or cornmeal won't do

no there are no mexicans on the east coast
thank god
you faggots are the worst

fucking chent
seriously you are a faggot chent in a thread about papussas insulting the ones who created it
kill yourself chent faggot beaner

You assume wrong. Make it yourself with cornmeal.

You can make masa yourself by nixtamalizing corn and milling it yourself. There's all kinds of guides on how to do it.

Get a load of this faggot you guys
Not even other latinos like mexicans kek

Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of being culturally relevant in America. Salvadorans are lower than fucking Puerto Ricans.

>being this insecure about being a faggot chent
seriously chent go home

How would one do so

Puerto Rican people are the worst. Don't even pretend this is an argument.

Mexicans give all of us a bad name
You chents are rapists and straight up faggots
I mean look at the way you're acting

>now hes attacking ricans
did someone take your boyfriend from you?

Where can you buy the right kind of corn?

So upset.
Dominicans are worse than them, too. They're definitely bottom-tier, don't get me wrong.

No I'm a different person but thanks for the compliment.

>mexicans come and ruin a perfectly good thread
i honestly hate chent mexicans more and more everyday
fucking backwards retarded pieces of shit

in Europe? the internet

>Instead of buying the finished masa you instead buy the corn to make masa
what's the difference

Price.

mad

im annoyed you autistic faggot
of course you wouldnt know the difference between angry and annoyed because of the autism
all i know is that im not a shoty and ugly chent mexican and thats good enough for me

seriously man youre a faggot

CIA here. Good job Mexico and South America goys, keep up the division so we can conquer.

>Veeky Forums likes my countries national dish

Nice, isn't it?

Not even him, but you're fucking furious.

How are these different from arepas?

the curtido and the salsa

>Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of being culturally relevant in America.
All hispanic people are just hispanic people to me. The kinds of people are white, hispanic, asian, black, or native. No one in America cares what kind of hispanic any of you are.
Sincerely, white Americans.

>tfw half Puerto Rican, half Mexican

I went to an El Salvadoran restaurant in my city in the middle of Nebraska and my god pupusas are the most delicious thing I've ever had in my life

this
papusas are good
salsa free like the heat free ones basically need more life ... so add heat
free win
mad at the truth

fact remains papusas are very good and just another variation of beans and corn masa, these resemble with a huarache, sope, tlacoyo, gordita on and on mexican food is different because of the added heat component mainly aside from the typical salvadorian loroco regularly used in the dish

best thing about the papusa is the fact that its kinda basically a renamed sope/gordita only meant for children who just aren't ready to handle the heat

Haha come to Texas and say that.

no im actually very glad im not mexican
mexicans are trash

salvadorans dont make this type of garbage

>mexicans are the best at everything
yea meanwhile they eat pig slop, you know inbetween the rapings and beheadings

the culinary peak of mexicans everybody

>come back to thread the next day
>butthurt salvadoran is still sperging out
lmao

Mexicans are fucking disgusting

its pointless to argue with mexicans
they are retarded manlettes
youtube.com/watch?v=3BtPunDYhII

>being this mad about cultural inferiority

>he thinks his "cultural relevance" is positive
>he likes drive
yup mexican retard is retarded
what exacly are you even talking about when you say cultural relevance? this is like the third time youve said that.
do you mean how everyone hate mexicans? thats pretty relevant right now

Different guy, different phrasing.

>masa flour
tortillas and tamales
tamales especially if you can do them right

>avoiding my question
>"t-that wasnt m-me"
ok
how are mexicans culturally relevant? what do you faggots even mean by that? how mexicans are the butt of every joke?
and when did you realize that refn is a pretentious hack?

>ITT: Mexican's exposing themselves as worst latino

Trump had the right idea.

this is the stuff if you guys are wondering what kind of corn flour to get

OP here. This is what everyone in my neighborhood seems to be buying..

more like poopoosas

its the stuff

>all these dumbasses saying "salvadorians"
its salvadorans
nobody says americanians
or mexicanians

learn english you faggots

t. salvadoran american

>refn is a pretentious hack

correct
he indeed is

how can you beaners be so prideful while wanting to bail from the same country? so, so stupid it hurts

Move out of the mission, yuppie scum

DENVER
E
N
V
E
R

I was about to reply with my confusion to the nigga saying he couldn't find masa

I don't even life in a predominantly spic neighborhood and it's no problem to find it in their food aisle

Is there a less aesthetic food word than pupusa? It sounds like poo, looks like pus and reminds me of insect pupae.

yea its a bad name
thats true

>nigga
>spic
do you actually talk like this?
you sound like a faggot

I think it's cute. Sounds like a little purse to me.

Ehh, I live in SF an eat pupusas fairly often. As SF mexi goes its pretty low on the list for me. I prefer tacos, burritos, sopes, tamales, and mole.