I-it's not that bad!

>i-it's not that bad!
>i-it's good on burgers!
>i-it's good in grilled cheese sandwiches!

There is literally zero reason to ever consume American "cheese". Just because it's barely palatable in a handful of dishes doesn't mean that literally any other cheese isn't classes better. If you sincerely prefer it to anything else, you need to get off this board RIGHT NOW, because you have the palate of a fucking child.

Other urls found in this thread:

seriouseats.com/2016/07/whats-really-in-american-cheese.html
aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2011/07/the-burger-lab-how-to-make-any-cheese-melt-like-american-almost.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sage

American cheese is superior for grilled cheese and chili dogs.
Sorry you're so upset about that fact.

Not OP, but It tastes fucking disgusting....I just don't understand the burger/grilled cheese meme for this shit product.

It's like saying Dog Shit tastes awful, except when you put tons of it on

I mean yeah it tastes like garbage and most things it's used for are garbage.

But who cares eat whatever you want. Veeky Forums is like 50% fast food anyway.

>american cheese is superior
>Unironically preferring a liquid pasteurized cheeselike milk product to literally anything else
Please remove yourself from the gene pool

American cheese is fine. What you posted is classified as "processed cheese product" and is an abomination. Land-o-lakes is the bare minimum of what should be considered American cheese. If cheese slices are individually wrapped, stay far away

Explain the difference between american cheese and processed cheese product WITHOUT making any reference to any brands.

All cheese produced in the USA is objectively, fucking shit.

Moron.

>meme
retard.

>Wikipedia the open source website that can be edited by anyone is a credible authority.
Hello, milleniel.

hay you faggot nigger thats not American cheese, its Kraft cheese you nigger cock loving faggot

FUCK YALLL RACIST EUROTRASH!

YOU THINK YOUR CHEESE IS BETTER OR SOMETHING???

I think when people say it's good on grilled cheese, what they really mean is putting it in a grilled cheese sandwich is one of the few ways you can eat it without wanting to vomit.

Like, I would take almost anything over American cheese on a grilled cheese sandwich, but if you told me I had to eat some American cheese that's how I'd do it.

>i-it's not a credible source when I don't like it
Processed cheese is cheese mixed with extra oils and food coloring. If you think American cheese isn't processed, then you're a moron.

PREACH IT OP

TELL IT LIKE IT IS

ONLY GRANDMAS WITH NO SENSE OF TASTE EVEN BUY THIS

That's exactly my point. The most basic bitch of cheeses will do. Just use some cheddar instead.

Alot of ignorance in here.

I'm a restaurant 2nd cook. We use sodium citrate to mix with alot of our cheeses to create a texture that is smooth and creamy, like American cheese.

So yes, even 2 star restaurants "process" our cheeses when we're trying to give them that smooth texture a natrual melted cheese doesn't have.

What you buy in plastic packages is infinitely easier than making your own melty cheese with sodium citrate at home.

In fact, the original inventor of "american" cheese, or sodium citrate processed cheese were actually French chefs trying to make their foods less clumpy.

seriouseats.com/2016/07/whats-really-in-american-cheese.html

"American cheese" encompasses several categories of foods varying in quality from "mostly cheese with some melting and emulsifying agents added for texture" and "vegetable oil packed into squares". Educate yourself before you talk shit

Well they are good in grilled cheese. But yeah. Other than that, there's always better alternatives.
Now stop posting this, your insecurity is showing.

If you pretentious 13 year olds want to try to make "american" cheese at home, try this and report back what a pain in the ass it is:

aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2011/07/the-burger-lab-how-to-make-any-cheese-melt-like-american-almost.html

>Well they are good in grilled cheese.

Sodium citrate processed cheese are used in alot more foods than just sandwiches.

You'd probably be surprised to find MOST smooth texture cheese presentations at any fine restaurant is going to be "processed" with citrate.