I don't normally post this kind of stuff on social media but I'm so mad right now I could throat punch somebody...

I don't normally post this kind of stuff on social media but I'm so mad right now I could throat punch somebody. I'm a single mom of 2 beautiful kids...I work my butt off for the money I make as a server. No...this isn't my "dream job" but it's my "suck up your pride and do what you gotta do until your daughter starts school" job...my "work nights because I can't afford daycare" job. I chose this job so I could spend my days with my daughter and not pay someone else to be there for all her important milestones in the first 5 years of her life. With that being said...y'all.. it's not ok to tip your server $5 on $105 ticket. Especially when your food was delivered promptly..and you never had to ask for refills. It's not ok! Ever. We make $2.63 an hour and tip out 3% of our total sales at the end of the night to bus boys, hostesses, and to-go. Please consider that the next time your tipping your server. *end rant*

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vBTfj2lN6sQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

> I'm a single mom of 2 beautiful kids
Then get a better job with a real salary and stop expecting handouts to make your wage.

2/10 for making me reply.

Ummm... read the entire paragraph, sweetie. I clearly stated why this isn't a option. and no that tip is actually 5/105

it was niggers wasn't it

wtf that's so fucked up to say. they are black not the N word

Reminder that you service like 5 tables an hour at least and even if you made $5 per table you'd make 3 times more than the back of house per hour.

Do a better job next time, stupid cunt.

>not the N word
He didn't call them negros, he called them niggers

That doesn't make me feel better, I should be making way more then $5 per table btw. I only make $2.63 an hour, did you actually read my post??? I have 2 kids to feed, $5 is literally nothing. My Marlboros are $5.

If all servers & fast food workers went on strike for a week...all you non tipping assholes would actually have to, go buy food, cook it your dam self, get up & down & run back & forth, clean the table, wash your own nasty dishes, sweep the floor, fill salt & pepper, fill sugars...yada yada...you then just might appreciate a server!!!! And...know this...servers every where know & remember who the non tipping assholes are...so...next time you go out to eat & you see a server running to the door.. they are not running to serve you, they are running to seat you in another servers section!!!!

Where the fuck do you think you are.

It's sad that somebody is putting this much effort into roleplaying an upset waitress

"F" that...my eyes were always on the door...the blacks, Mexicans and native Americans are the worst...they will tip a server of their own race, but not a white server...go home assholes & eat your effin fry bread, tacos & your watermelon & chicken!!!! Bye FELISHA !!!!

>marlboros

too far man, too far

I waited table until I got my two kids in high school and went to school for nursing it a hard job and everyone I mean everyone needs to do that job one hour of their live and see what it about especially at Waffle House and some days I wish I was back waiting table because I know how the people are great people and some sorry people people get a life and the man said go to McDonald sorry not for all the money in the world

marlboro cost $4.85 w/ tax where I live

Look buddy I understand you're very lonely but your bait roleplay isn't fooling anyone.

Find another fucken job if you hate that tip nobody told you to get pregnant if u can't afford one kid then you had another one??!! Don't complain get another job plain and simple I don't get fucken tiped for my job ! When you get hired it's in your job description I hate when you people say this the fuck my perents work in the fields in the sun getting your fucken fruit that you feed your kids did you go tip them no so stop fucken complaining !

I dont even know half of what ur saying. I only go to Veeky Forums because ppl on /soc/ told me to stop blogging

I love this sweetie posting meme.

Gr8 b8 m8

If you want a tip you have to do more than just bring me food, you have to go above and beyond.

And do you think this is a blog as well? Post titties or frig the heck off.

Seems like it was 2 plates that cost 105, so you barely had to do shit.

Gosh darn that's one upset son of a gun.

For whatever reason it is an absolutely infuriating word

I think because it hits home with everybody who has some female in their life that thinks they know everything.

I think it's neat! It's like a theatre performance with audience interaction.

>Single mom... why do bad things happen to me?
Kys cunt I'd steal your purse just to watch you suffer if I could

>What is fast food
Nope

The first half made sense.

either a: nice blog, go tell tumblr about it, or b: mediocre bait.

You chose that job/life/kids, sooo deal with it.

Why can womyn not understand cause and effect?

I always tip $5 no matter what. People who tip by % are retarded.

>go buy food, cook it your dam self...
I do this for every meal. I'll never contribute to your nasty industry.

heres my thoughts

if you actually know more about food than an applebees waittress, cooking techniques, food suggestions, how your food is bought, raised, etc, are helpful with wine pairings, then you deserve equivalent tip

otherwise, you're getting tipped the same as an applebees waittress.

It's amazing what you can get away with when you're in peak physical condition and leave your Versace dress shirt unbuttoned. For a Milisecond I actually believed in that rape culture non-sense that ugly college girls always blab about because this female server at Cheesecake Factory couldn't stop touching my chest and even tried sitting in my booth with me. All I had to do was snap my fingers and she would bring me an A&W Rootbeer refill and clap twice for napkins. She said that she was working two jobs as a server to pay for college LMAO probably attending the University of Heroin. I told her that I would leave her a tip so big that she wouldn't have to worry about paying tuition this year if she let me smoke a cigi at my booth. Food slave said sure, even though she might get fired and gave me a huge piece of cheese cake with my bill. After desert I got annoyed by the two babies behind me crying from the smoke so I just put the cigarette out on the tip line and wrote "$0 Now that you rubbed my chest, here's my butt" hahaha what a time to be alive.
#MarlbelMan #SmokinHot #IronLungs

Fuck your plate carrying ass. I walk in the kitchen and tip the chefs when I go out to eat

OP, I'm so sorry. People who don't tip 20% for decent service in the US are fucking monsters.

I saw this on Facebook a few days ago.

Fuck off shitposter.

Very obvious bait from start to finish, but with just the right tone of moronic semi-illiterate social media whore to get the (You)s. I'm impressed.

For future reference - the correct option to use while posting in this thread (and any tipping thread) is "sage"

a real waitress would have ZERO problem calling niggers niggers lol you have obviously never worked in restaurants

>walk in the kitchen without non-slip shoes
>step on dirty oily ground and eat absolute shit
lol seeing that would make up for not being tipped

also management would never allow that

No shit.

OP shut the fuck up, I got 20 on 300 and half of that went to the bartender because of all the booze they drank. I got stiffed on a 82 dollar ticket by a nigger and got 6 on 135 by some drunk frat guys.

Fuck working at a wing bar.

Yeah, it was fun for a minute. But that's just too obvious. OP you gotta work on your larp game.

why are you entitled to extra money for doing your job?
do you tip your doctors,your busdrivers etc?

also weak bait but i'm taking it just because i'm bored as fuck

serious question, why is it ok for african americans to call each other "niggas" but when someone else does it, all hell breaks loose?

It was probably this nigger right here that did it. He has a better job than you too, sorry. Shoulda voted Trump.

How about you fuck off back to Facebook you normal tier scum

Can some burger please explain to me why it is legal to pay servers less than minimum wage?

Why don't you fuck off back to AOL you shitpost bumping faggot

I don't eat at restaurants.

Get the fuck to Angelfire, bloggist.

Too bad, please see youtube.com/watch?v=vBTfj2lN6sQ and stop being an ungrateful bitch, you're lucky you even got anything to begin with.

>reddit the post

Get off this board and back to Facebook Normalfag.

Is it summer yet?!

Bump :-)

Also I always tip the higher of either $4 or 20% of the after-tax total, unless the service was abysmal in which case I've been known to tip as low as $1 or 5% of the after-tax total (again, whichever is higher)

Give better service. I hate servers that bitch about a shitty tip. Maybe you got more than you deserved. Just because you thought you gave good enough service you assumed you deserved more. Maybe the service wasn't good enough according to your customers. Take a look at yourself. Also, no one's fault but yours that you're a single mom. No one is obligated to give a fuck how you survive

how does more expensive meals translate to higher tip? there's not more work involved for a waiter if you order a 10$ vs 40$ meal.

>how does a higher end service translate to higher compensation
$40 is not an expensive meal

Also, at the actual high end, there is increasingly no tip. It's part of the cost of the meal

The "mandatory" tipping is truly a cancer in the american restaurant business. If there was put an end to it, and the prices on the menu were raised, everyone would profit.

Now I know this is just standard bait, but...

Standard 'rules' would suggest 20%, which would be 21 dollarydoos and some change

My personal view point is no one deserves to make a higher percentage than the goddamn church, which is 10%, which would be 10.5

Either way, on a 100~ ticket, I would have probably just given you a 20 and called it a day.

Absolutely true but the higher prices is the sticking point. Prices are all public's react to. People don't want to pay higher prices. And many restaurants love how things are, because they get to treat their wait staff like disposable tissue paper - which of course is why service is so god awful in anything below fine dining.

Statistics show better service doesn't actually garner better tips, and suggest that MAYBE certain demographics get tipped less for equal service/ticket (correlation not being causation of course).

Restaraunts that have experimented with giving their server staff an actual wage report promising results, but as long as tip reliance is cheaper and easier it won't happen.

what the fuck is happening in this thread

It isn't in australia but it it still happens o was getting 13 an hour for half a year at this cafe, mainly because the owner was a stingy cunt, learnt a good amount though and having it on my resume helped me get a slightly comfier job

>510 Replies

it's just tip-argument thread #5 million started by some idiot copy-pasting off Facebook

fuck servers and their free money
BOH doesn't get shit and they have to work their ass off

Here's your tip, white faggot waiters.

You only have a fucking job cuz you white. You should be paying ME tip for giving you a job to do...

It's more than you deserve. You're almost a NEET considering your skill set.

This thread is hilarious and I still genuinely can't guess whether this is bait. People CAN be this dumb.

Dude, for a roleplay, this is weak.

Don't the kids have grandparents who can take care of them while you work?

Don't feed the trolls, user.

Why do you see servers/bartenders complaining more than other professions? Why don't you see line cooks complaining on social media? They have it far worse than foh, I wish more restaurants tipped out the entire staff, or we get rid of tipping altogether and pay foh comparable to the kitchen.

A girl I know works at a shitty dive bar making close to 50k a year, mostly untaxed in a relatively inexpensive city to live in. They don't make complicated cocktails just mixers + booze and sometimes some shot specials. She complains all the fucking time, it's ridiculous.

$2.63 an hour? jesus christ im glad i dont live in a 3rd world country like you

>I'm a single mom of 2 beautiful kids
>.I work my butt off for the money I make as a server.
>I chose this job so I could spend my days with my daughter
>We make $2.63 an hour and tip out 3% of our total sales at the end of the night to bus boys, hostesses, and to-go.
This is a series of poor choices. Regardless of your motivation at the end of the day you've put yourself in a professional situation where your income is related to the whims of your customers. Why would you do that? To spend more time with your kids? That's great. So you can impart your wisdom to them. Maybe they can grow up to be as financially useless as you are. Really, what are you teaching them by example? That hard work doesn't get rewarded. And this is only true when you make stupid choices. But that's what your kids are going to learn by watching you. What incentive is that going to give them to work hard to make something of themselves? You're teaching your kids the way of failure. Good job.

I do that already dude, it's called my kitchen.

It's a literal copypasta from facebook. I saw this 3 days ago.

Roastie

its ok to call anyone anything
the only question is how much you care about how butt hurt they get

because servers are being tipped, the management can pay less than minimum wage
But, at the end of the week, if the server earned a total wage (hourly rate + tips) less than minimum wage, the restaurant has to pay the difference so the server get at least minimum wage.
this is a federal labor law, if anyone says their restaurant doesn't do this, then that restaurant is breaking the law

I've seen better bait on fucking youtube OP, step up.

>That doesn't make me feel better, I should be making way more then $5 per table btw. I only make $2.63 an hour, did you actually read my post???

Bitch, I make $15.00 an hour in a shop running a bridgeport all day, if you got three $5.00 tips per hour, you're making more money then me.

Get rid of one of the kids

Not only I do that every day but I love doing it and I'm better at it than you

That was pretty funny but the edits were too quick and I couldn’t read the funny text.

this is dog shit bait.

this is the most pretentious plating I've ever seen in my life.

Why did u get divorced..??

> I have no money so I'm going to have 2 kids.

We could make it 0

You already get paid. Why should I give you extra money for service you HAVE to provide?

Fuck tips. If you don' t like it, find something else.

>We make $2.63 an hour

And that' s my concern, because?

>Not pictured: The 20 other tables they served that night that earned them $200 in take home cash

>Especially when your food was delivered promptly

Isn' t this exactly your "job"?

>$200
>2 kids
That is basically $0.02