Is 2 bucks enough tip for one drink at a bar?

Is 2 bucks enough tip for one drink at a bar?

I usually just leave one doller per drink. 2$ if its a crazy technical drink .

It depends on the drinks.
If you are buying bar drinks or drinks at a casual restaurant, a dollar is nice.
If you're buying some crazy $30 cocktail or expensive fine liquor at an upscale place, then more would probably be expected.

i went to applebees and got a corona rita and tipped 2 bucks.

I tip $0 per drink if I have to order at the bar and $1 if they bring it to my table. Though I pretty much only ever get beer, which is a bit cheaper than other drinks and easier to "prepare".

>tip

>Americlaps

>you poor fucks have to tip
>you poor fucks have to tip BY THE DRINK

Thank fuck I don't live in america.

if you're running a tab you tip all at once at the end
however usually you will get better service if you pay in cash and tip decently as you go.

if i'm going to be at a bar for a while I'll tip really strong up front in cash in order to get the bartender's attention and then ride it out with average tips for the rest of the night. If the service stays good the whole time through I'll tip strong again at the end

1 dollar for beer, 2 for cocktails, none if service is shitty, 3-4 if it's a bar I frequent.

Seems pretty American.

Here the barman will serve whoever is at the front of the queue first

Maybe if it's beer and you're being cheap.

I only go out to drink if lll be drinking something fancy so I usually carry some 5 dollar bills to top with.

No you need to tip atleast tree fiddy

I'm Australian,we don't tip.

Fuck that. I'll pay my way to better service and stronger drinks.

>I'll pay my way to better service and stronger drinks
if youhave to pay extra to make sure your drinks aren't dilluted to allfuck, you are in a really shitty bar

tip your bartenders good and youll get free drinks in the long run
i became a regular to this dive and it got to the point where i didnt even need money to get drunk
when i did have money though i would buy a lot of drinks and tip
but i can safely say that i got more free shit out of that bar then they got from my bank account

needless to say that bar is no longer around kek
its not sound business practice but it was the best bar i have ever been to and if i ever own a bar i want it to be a shitty dive like that one

A crown and coke cost $8 at my bar, i usually tip a buck.

drinking in a bar already means you're getting ripped off

giving slightly more money to the bartenders means you get ripped off less in the long run

the best solution is don't drink in bars

That's not what I was saying. Stop assuming shit you fuckwit.

I'm not assuming anything, I was literally quoting you. and you're a tard who wants to backpaddle now

just admit it, you live in a shithole and can't get a drink, you poor sod

not the same guy but getting in a neat line to buy a beer is kind of shitty
at least in america you can get served right away if the bartender knows you and has a good customer/client relationship with him regardless of how many people there are waiting
thats why i tip, exclusivity
idk about the stronger drinks argument
if the drinks suck i dont bother with the bar entirely
but tipping has its benefits

nothing beats going into a packed bar and getting served immediately while other faggots waiting to get a drink look at you in jealousy
they are all thinking the same thing
>whos this high roller and how can i get to his level
kek

Nah dude you're just looking for a fight like some autist. Get off my case my drinks are fine. Tipping just gets you an extra shot or two, or a pitcher of beer filled to the absolute brim. Getting in line? Come the fuck on. What a joke. It's not like you're in gradeschool lunchline.

all of what you said, I'm ok with. its the "stronger drinks" part that I don't get... look, if you buy shots/whisky/rum or other neat drinks, you don't get them stronger or weaker than they are. and if you're buying a cocktail (you fruit!) its not about being strong but the taste, and the mix ratio is supposed to be the same in all of them. or you can just ask for a slightly stronger one, no need to tip prior to that. everything else is just shitty service, meaning you're at a shit place. bar, pub, whatever...

>looking for a fight
sure, I am. suck my willie. but don't forget the tip.

THEY'RE GONNA EAT YA BABIES

yea the whole stonger drinks thing that fag was saying was dumb
and how he said that tipping only gets you a couple of shots for free is also inaccurate
he sounds like he was born after 1995 and just started going to bars
like i said earlier, i would get drunk for free
granted it was whatever my bartender wanted to give me, so basically pbr tallboys and shots of fireball on the house all night
but free is free so i cant complain
honestly the best part is going into a packed bar saturday night and getting served right away, undivided attention from the bartender while 9 other dudes are trying to get served
just because they know you and know that you tip good
shit makes you feel like a boss
thats the kind of service you pay for in a tip
although its a build up kind of thing, you find a decent bar and build a reputation for being a good tipper

>best part is going into a packed bar saturday night and getting served right away
absolutely, but
>thats the kind of service you pay for in a tip
nah, just befriend the barman... idk where you are from, but just paying the man more isn't gonna get you that around here, being buddies (regulars, on good terms with the manager or ex-employee) will, and that is absolutely NOT about tipping. it's called "the kind of service money can't buy" for a reason

Nah fuck you guys. The stronger the better. You're a bunch of fucking maries

more than enough

That smells like total bullshit. If I walked into your bar and offered the bartender 20 of whatever currency you country has, he'd serve me first.

>what is getting a bigger pour

lol, cmon man. don't be such a pedantic piece of shit, you know what he meant.

no shit befriend the bar man
being the type of person that encourages and attracts more people to buy more drinks goes without saying also
but thats called kissing ass and can be seen as fake
>idk where youre from but...
you sound like a faggot btw
its not like the bar is going to have just one bartender
and say you go into the bar and your "best friend" bar tender isnt working that night?
what are you doing to do once your kiss ass points count for shit?

tipping everybody good regardless of whether youre butt buddies with them just benefits you the most
stop trying to one up everybody, foreignfag

>go to bar
>order jack and coke
>$8
>having to tip $2 on top of that

the fuck?

>go to a bar
>order a gin and tonic
>have to tell the bartender how to make it
>don't tip
shit bar.

this is why you dont go to bars

>go to bar with my gf to play pool with her friends
>didn't wanna stay too long
>just get one draft beer
>don't tip
>gf bitches at me the whole way back to her house about not tipping

yeah, that was the beginning of the end

I dont know, I drink at home by myself like i'm supposed to.

This. Up it from 2 dollars if you order something ridiculiously elaborate when the bar is busy or expect to wait longer for the next round.

A buck a beer is pretty standard.

Im curious about this getting in line (or queue or whatever) concept. Do you have to hop off you're barstool to get served and stand in line at the register?

Back in new orleans when highschool about 8 years ago there was a bar called Tucks. They would have 50 cent beer days and 25 cent natties. I would go with only $5 in my pocket and get absolutely destroyed.

>tipping at a bar
>paying someone to hand you a drink you payed for

More than enough.

I don't get it... In France (and in some other European countries I assume), we just pay for our drinks and tip if we feel like giving extra money. In many places in my city, they would ring a bell every time someone tips, depending on the bar people even cheer when they hear the tip bell.

Tipping is obviously a good way to get to know the bartenders or being liked by them but it's not going to get you served first / free drinks / etc... If you want that, just befriend the bartender, don't fucking buy him. I almost never gave a tip in the usual bar I go to, yet I can stay after they close and get free drinks sometimes, I just help them in other ways and get well with them.

>Im curious about this getting in line (or queue or whatever) concept. Do you have to hop off you're barstool to get served and stand in line at the register?

Well it's a bar, so unless you're in a tourist bar / fancy bar or sitting at the terrace, you're going to have to walk to the bar counter and try to catch the bartender's attention.

Poortugal here, pretty much what said, at most bars have a tip jar or something like that, tips are given usually to reward above normal service which doesn't really apply in a bar 99% of the time, at a restaurant it's common to tip like 10% or a bit under that but no one will serve me poorly or be mad if I don't (wtf it's their job for which they get a salary), I'm a college student and eat out all the time and tip once in a while if the waiter was extra nice or something like that and was always served well, going to a place a lot will give you better service than tipping tbH