Liver Sausage

Anybody else like liver sausage, aka Liverwurst or Braunschweiger?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liverwurst

Just had me a sandwich of Kowalski smoked liver sausage, onion and horseradish cheddar cheese.

Seems like it’s something of an “obsolete” lunch meat, in that only old men seem to like it (49 year old here) but it's damn good.

I fucking love it.

Another common liver-based sausage is Cajun boudin. It's ubiquitous in Louisiana but easily found all over the American south.

Pate is great too.

My grandmother's sister from Germany came to visit a while ago. Around that time an Aldi opened up locally and they got a roll of Braunschweiger.

I fell in love with the stuff.

Toast with avocado on one side and liver gunk on the other, crazy good.

35-y-o here, I love this shit. Slap on any two of raw onions, mustard, or pickles for some delicious fucking food.

Blanc or noir? Both?

I'm 35, my mom used to make these for me as a kid. I still pick up a roll from store every couple years when I'm feeling nostalgic and want to disgust my wife and children.

Also, I'm from new Orleans, but in ATL now. I can get boudin from a couple local shops and when I make red beans and rice I serve the boudin on the side.

This is all delicious stuff.

as a true German i render homage to thee.

I drink lots of vodka. That cleans out my system, and even cleans my teeth (I haven’t brushed in years, and haven’t had a cavity since).

I also eat a liverwurst sandwich pretty much every day – to counterbalance the effects the vodka has on my liver. I make my sandwiches on seeded rye (because it’s the healthiest bread), with mayo (because eggs are the best protein; I use kewpie, because the msg makes it taste better), coarse mustard (good for the white blood cells), zucchini pickles (because they taste good), and a bunch of baby spinach (just for filler; it could honestly be left out).

I also eat a lot of canned fish (mostly sardines, but also the occasional fancy smoked oysters) on saltines. They give you all your essential amino acids, and provide a nice opportunity to try out various hot sauces, which are generally very low in calories, while high in flavor and immensely prodigious to healthiness.

Aside from that, I drink large amounts of water (anywhere between ice-cold to slightly chilled) every day, always through a straw, and sometimes with a lemon wedge.

To each their own, I say, but I’m just shy of 30 and am doing better than most of you.

i predict liver will make a huge comeback in the near future. it'll be hilarious watching restaurants mark up this humble organ.

that said, i wish pate was more available. liverwurst might be the closest i can get. i'm thinking liverwurst and sauerkraut on toasted bread w/mustard.

um

>Vodka, kewpie, canned fish

Where do you live?

>trying to talk to pasta

Love it, specially with German style whole rye bread it's awesome.

>Blanc or noir? Both?

Neither. Cajun-style boudin is different from the typical French boudin blanc or boudin noir, though I'm sure that's where the inspiration came from.

Traditionally, it contains pork liver, rice, the "holy trinity" (onion, green pepper, celery), and spices. Some versions contain chicken liver and/or pork meat too.

patrician

the ketchup is supposed to be on the side though

I just realized that it isn't the same thing

I like to spread it on a piece of crispbread with mustard and hot sauce on top.

Pic related is also a delicious obsolete lunch meat

Strange that head cheese isn't made much anymore. It's just a short term brine curing of jowls, feet, hocks, skin, etc., simmered, chopped, mixed with some spices and residual stock from the cooking and stuffed into a beef bung, bladder or stomach. The parts of the animal are really scrap meats and the process is simple. I suspect it's the name that causes people to scream, "eww, gross."

I'm not sure how commonly people eat it, but I see it in the supermarket deli section and also at my local butcher (who isn't particularly well stocked) It's far from rare.

>smell like shit
>autism
>doing better

pick 2

>>replying to copypasta

That looks more like Fleischwurst than Leberwurst, desu

56 years young and liverwurst is the liver best!

20 here, my mom introduced me to liverwurst when I was a kid.

I love it. I wish it were easier to get, nowhere seems to sell the good shit.

I've always loved it. Our family tradition is to slice it, brown it on a fry pan then douse it in Worcestershire sauce at the very end and to serve it on sandwiches with chopped onions that have been sauteed in Worcestershire sauce. It's delicious like this.

A Sprouts market opened near me a couple months ago and they sell Usinger's Braunschweiger. I couldn't believe it when I saw it on the shelf.

At first glance I thought these were multiple booty cheeks

I only tried to feed it to my cat and he refused...

I originally wrote that, and it was just an honest reply to what I typically ate at the time, not an attempt to make pasta.

I'm 32 now, btw.

I like it and always have, I'm 27. Certainly a taste I got from and still associate with my grandfather, but I don't see anything wrong with that.

...I also just set up a consultation with a gastroenterologist