Knorr Stock Pots

I see all of the memes and have seen the MPW video.
How do they compare to pic related?
I have it in beef, chicken, ham, and vegetable.
It works really well and tastes great.

Other urls found in this thread:

savourysystems.com/yeast-based-flavors/
ruhlman.com/2011/04/easy-chicken-stock-recipe/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Better than boullion is so good

I used it in ramen

>cane juice solids
Do Americans put sugar in everything?

We get it. If you have any actual knowledge, post a thread and offer to disseminate it. Why be obnoxious, and confusing to new cooks?

it's totally fine. i use the vegetable broth all the time.

Has anyone ever tried this one? I was about to order some stuff on Amazon and I saw it.

Don't knock it until you try it.

Are you talking about the Knorr Stock Pots or BTB? I am familiar with BTB as I use it on a regular basis. I'm asking about the stock pots.

OP here. I don't grok your message. I was asking about Knorr Stock Pots. Specifically, I was wondering if anyone had used both products and could give us a direct comparison. I have not seen the stock pots in my local grocery store, so I was thinking about ordering some from Amazon.

This.

BTB. I've never seen the Knorr thing where I live, but I suspect it's also fine.

This is the ONLY stock/bullion you should use.

BoB is really the best, even their beef one was rated number one by ATK (before they became feminine central).

Get the reduced sodium, then add more than it asks for. Of course, it's not as good as when you make it yourself. But even then, you can add a spoonful to up your stock a little more.

Nope, sorry, but bumpan for interest.

I know that BTB is great. As I said in the original post, I have four varieties in my fridge right now. My local grocery doesn't carry the Knorr Stock Pot. I was asking about the experience other user's have had, specifically those that had used both products.

OP here. It was rated #1 by Cooks Illustrated as well (the beef one). I use it all of the time (in 4 flavors... though I checked their website and they many more flavors than my local grocery provides... gotta hit up amazon). I have used BtB for probably 5-6 years (I live semi-close to the company that makes it). I'm asking about the Knorr Stock Pots.

I've used both. BtB is what I prefer. The Knorr stock pots seemed to have an odd after taste with them and you don't get any where near the amount for the price you pay (not that they are expensive, it's just each little stock pot is one use compared to the jar of BtB which lasts a looong time for me. I only tried them twice though so my experience with them isn't that great.

Very tasty but will be the eventual cause of your death

t.bangladeshi

In that case, you might as well try one.
I have second-hand pots and they've served me well. Stainless clad cooper bottoms, except for my cheap nonstick wok.

You guys do know that the chicken flavour doesn't come from chicken but yeast, r-right?

savourysystems.com/yeast-based-flavors/

Yes I use them to cook pasta in, but for noodles, sauces etc. please use the proper stocks

Is that a bad thing?

I like using BtB in a pinch, I make my own vegetable and chicken stock from food scraps kept in the freezer but cooking for one normally means it takes awhile to have enough to make a batch.

According to cooks illustrated, all of the best tasting broths / pastes get their extra savory kick from yeast extract.

I am in the same situation as I usually cook for 1. I save bones and scraps in the freezer and make real stock a few times per year. I would have to go out of my way to buy a lot more bones just to make more stock.

make weekly stock in an oven.
You do eat a whole chicken every week don't you?
ruhlman.com/2011/04/easy-chicken-stock-recipe/

Memes aside knorr stock is the best I've come across in that ready to go kind of form

Unfortunately I haven't tried BtB, but fwiw the knorr stock pots are much better than bouillon cubes. I use the beef and chicken variety, not sure if there is a vegetable variety.