The great American Salads

>Macaroni Salad
>Tuna Salad
>Potato Salad
>Egg Salad
>Chicken Salad

These Mayonnaise based salads are some of the most iconic of all American foods and generally eaten at all American outings, yes America is notable for utilizing the Spanish/French dressing in it's cuisine

Thoughts on these salads?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e7S1Pm_2N2k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

My thoughts is that I want some right now.

>Macaroni Salad
Made using macaroni (Italian) and mayonnaise (French)
>Tuna Salad
Tuna (Pacific and mediterranean) and mayo (french)
>Potato Salad
Potatoes (Mesomerican), eggs (pacific/Asian), mayo (French)
>Egg Salad
>Chicken Salad
C'mon man.

The only real American salads are Caesar and Waldorf.

>Thoughts on these salads?
Calories - oodles and oodles of calories.

Mayo isn't French, user.
You should research before posting.

Yes, because the word 'mayonnaise' is so clearly Korean in etiology.

I'm so very fucking tired of contrarian maggots like you that infest this open sore of a site.

Mayonnaise was invented by a British admiral stationed off Port Mahon during the peninsular war blockade.
You should research before posting, retard.

why is coleslaw called coleslaw instead of "cabbage salad" since it's just like all these other "salads"

Place of origin France, Spain

>Port Mahon during the peninsular war blockade

Glad that's cleared up! I thought for a second there you were spouting unfounded bullshit that was unsupported by known historical evidence.

[citation needed you fartknocking faggot]

You got me to look up mayonnaise on wikipedia, one needs an engineering degree to understand the fucking mayo wiki page WTF

|
|>
|B
|
Yes goy-kun continue to ingest corporate fats

>America is notable for utilizing the Spanish/French dressing in it's cuisine
It's not a dressing. It's disgusting to use mayonnaise in a salad.

#healthyasfuck

How ignorant could you be? Mayonnaise is delicious

These salads do the opposite of what a salad should do. That makes them American. American is king of the fat.

What exactly are the salads doing?

This is true. I've been screwing around with pasta salads without mayo and have had decent results with just balsamic vinegar and olive oil. It's not amazing, but with some fresh cooked chicken and some chili is nice.

Since America is a mishmash of cultures, wouldn't these mayonnaise based salads that mix things from many places be very American?

Thats either bait or some nonsense. U wot?

Sorry, English is my first language. Since America is a cultural mixing pot, a salad that mixes various cultures would be American.

That's not how logic works.

You can substitute greek yogurt for the mayonaisse and get quite close to the original without as much fat.

How much mayo do you guys like in your tuna salad? Like how much per can? I usually use two heaping tabe spoonfuls per can

Add Cole Slaw to that list buckaroo
Love me some slaw

>Cole Slaw
*Coleslaw

Sorry baby I'll never let you down again

>born there
>hates mayonaise

Happy you guys enjoy it on your "salads".

Being healthy and less fat than an average 'Murican fast-food meal.

Pasta (bow-tie like, idk the name), smoked salmon, cooked salmon, melon cubes, reduced orange juice, some lemon juice, some balsamic vinegar, as much olive oil as you wish, dill, mint, red pepper (or red bay, red berries, idk how they're called. The kind that's like black pepper but red and goes well with fish.)
Taste better after a day in the fridge

bc it's dutch.

Too late.
It's over, Elizabeth.

>mayo on salad
Overly caloric garbage. Try making a vinaigrette for once

Macaroni salad is my #1 favorite food.

I add celery, radishes, black olives, fresh parsley, carrots, green onion, white onion, canned tiny shrimp, and cheddar cubes.

I love pasta salad

First I think that's a fine idea.
Second, god damn that sounds tasty and I'll save it, thanks.

I drain the hell out of my macaroni or tuna. I don't wany any liquid diluting the mayo, or making it runny.

But I like a watery colelsaw. Coleslaw should be light and refreshing.

youtube.com/watch?v=e7S1Pm_2N2k