Fish and chips, yay or nay?

Fish and chips, yay or nay?
Curry sauce or vinegar?

Other urls found in this thread:

yougov.co.uk/news/2012/02/21/great-british-chip-divide/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Vinegar and plenty of it.

In principle, yeah, it's delicious, but fishnchip shops themselves are often awful. Most of them offer no sustainably caught fish at all, and refuse to have anything besides cod as the mainstay because that's all people know.
Even on the coast, it's not easy to find fishnchip shops that serve anything caught locally.

Ye ye.
I usually have curry sauce on the side though which I either pour out or use it dip chips in. It's the ultimate cheat meal.

fish n chips is a mad aptrician order in the states since its always fresh caught cuz poors dont eat it

>he uses non-brewed condiment on his fish and fries
>literally just acetic acid
>not even vinegar
how do the british continue to live

I mean, the only reason you'd eat fishnchips outside would be if you were drunk and didn't care.

Otherwise you'd take them home where you keep your real vinegar.

In the North it's Haddock or whatever the Special is, not often I've come across Cod

Anyway, gravy master race here

>Fish and chips
Nice try sweetie, but that's known in culinary world as a fish salad.

What bro

If you aren't drinking Dandelion and Burdock, Irn-Bru, Vimto or Shandy Bass with your Fish and Chips you can fuck off

0/10

Why make a thread about fish and chips but post a pic of a battered sausage?

>Potato salad is made from potato
>Add fish
>It now becomes a fish salad

Salt and vinegar. Ideally with extra salt from the sea directly as it crashes against the seawall.

Go to Whitby.

Malt Vinegar Aioli obviously

Like are you even trying to cook?

And they said Americans were obese and ate shit food

Also pass me the ketchup for those fish sticks, Nigel

Tendies and fries

BBQ and ketchup dip.

Both, the salt & vinegar is standard, the curry sauce is the extra.

Vinegar is one of the worst smelling things in the world, Im British but how tf can you stomach the smell

You're not british if you don't like malt vinegar. Go jump off a bridge.

>Curry sauce
is that a southern thing? it sounds fucking disgusting

Quiet paki

>Most of them offer no sustainably caught fish at all, and refuse to have anything besides cod

Every chip shop I've been in has Haddock on the menu at the very least.

yougov.co.uk/news/2012/02/21/great-british-chip-divide/

>It’s the Welsh who opt for a more edgy addition to their chips, with one in four dipping their chips in a pot of the creamy spicy sauce.
>It is also an option in the North and the Midlands, where 16% and 15% of people respectively choose this option.

Very little haddock is sustainable

Well, yeah, but I was responding more to the "nothing but Cod" part.

Lots of places have, well, Plaice.

I didn't literally mean they only had cod, just they tend to stick with fish that have the most popular public presence, rather than taking any interest in the health of their industry.

>they tend to stick with fish that have the most popular public presence

They're a business, so yes: they will sell what is popular. Lot of people still think it has to be Cod, and refuse to even consider anything else, even when it's on the menu.

curry sauce sucks. vinegar is where it's at

the fuck are you on about Nigel?

North England food tastes, although it seems almost impossible to achieve, are worse than Americans.

where in Whitby? Like, the Whitby near toronto?

Why do Americans have such bad teeth?

Kek. North-east England.

we can't afford dental insurance and we can't afford the dentist without it

We don't. When one starts rotting we use a set of these pliers ourselves to avoid the cost of having a cavity filled for $1200.

I mean it's fish and chips, so many ways to make it, so always yay to me

Is it really that bad?
That seems bloody expensive.

I don't think it's shopped, it's just misleading for several reasons
1. the problem with british teeth isn't just decay, it's that they tend to be crooked or malformed
2. it doesn't necessarily take demographics into account. For example, white british people are on average more obese than white americans, but americans are often accused of being fat because their country is more obese on average, because of coloured people. I wouldn't be surprised if the coloured folks in america also tended to have more tooth decay on average than whites.

You're actually wrong.
It's legit because most of us take cosmetic enhancements over proper orthodontic hygiene.
We're a lazy nation dragged down massively by the flyovers and all of the red state shit holes.

I wasn't joking
it would have cost me 12000 to get my wisdom teeth removed had I not had insurance at the time

Most Americans are black/Hispanic though.
That's what being American is nowadays.

Don't tell lies fatboy. Next you'll be saying you don't leak shit whilst grocery shopping.

My wife had to have a 1 and a 2 tooth bridge and it was $9000. Yeah, they fucking rape you. Fortunately, I've never liked sweet drinks and drink a lot of milk and alcohol so my teeth are fine. I've only had to pull one of mine myself and it was way in the back so it wasn't a big deal cosmetically. But even as a female, she said next time she'll accept just pulling it ourselves and fuck those pirates. The bridge doesn't even fit well. I hate this fucking banana republic.

I'm not fat, I never leak shit unless I'm on the toilet, and if you're implying that I'm American, it should be pretty obvious that I'm not, given the way I spelled the word "colour" in the previous post.

The only dental insurance I've seen, even offered at major corporations where I've worked, your premium pays for checkups and one cavity per year. After that, you're basically on you're own. And you're tied to a set of fuckups who crawled through dental school looking over their neighbors shoulder during exams.

Why is the language named after you guys if you can't even spell shit right?

There isn't any language named after my country. My first language isn't even English. Why do you keep making bizarre assumptions that don't really have any relevance to my comment? This kind of low-quality posting probably belongs somewhere more like /b/, /bant/, or /s4s/.

>1. the problem with british teeth isn't just decay, it's that they tend to be crooked or malformed

Americans have a strange fascination with "perfect" teeth. They'll spend thousands of dollars a year on "corrective" (I.e. cosmetic) work that is entirely unnecessary.

British teeth aren't "crooked or malformed", you just have no baseline for normal, natural teeth.

So why are you trying to spread fakenews about Americans not being fat? 2/10, I responded.

I posted it because I think it's true.

>being this in denial about your crooked teeth

>Yay
>Malt or Garlic Vinegar

. the problem with british teeth isn't just decay, it's that they tend to be crooked or malformed
>Americans have a strange fascination with "perfect" teeth. They'll spend thousands of dollars a year on "corrective" (I.e. cosmetic) work that is entirely unnecessary.
Straightening teeth is part of good dental preservation. I'm surprised you didn't know that, preventing tight spaces, preventing food packing and keeping gums healthy is what it's all about, whether you call it cosmetic is your jealousy (and ignorance). When you have grandparents in their 90s with all of their perfectly preserved teeth without a single cavity then you'd understand good dental care. If you could compare that to a person getting a crown or bridge at $3-6k per fix, you'd understand it's actually financially feasible to take care of your teeth when young, if only your family thought to do that for you. Poor dental care is linked to heart disease, as well. Big predictor.
>British teeth aren't "crooked or malformed", you just have no baseline for normal, natural teeth.
There are genetic reasons for bites that misalign, small underformed jaws that can create problems with bite, and the most vicious problem of all since there is little to be done in treatment, the TMJ problems, quite painful. The fact that bites are fixed during orthodonture is commonplace, sometimes even surgeries, which you could call cosmetic but also is quite medical if you can see what lies ahead in the decades. I do agree that with education, and financial reasons, you are totally able to see that everyone over the age of 40 now has fixed, less natural, less crooked teeth or else they can be immediately pegged as someone who grew up with shitty and/or poor parents. It's an easy way to see the class divide, unfortunately. I kind of like a little bit of cute malformed teeth, but most people who have them hate that their teeth were never fixed and feel judged. It's too bad. But, health wins.

>Straightening teeth is part of good dental preservation

Which a UK dentist will do. Braces are a thing, just like they are in the US. But we don't go the lengths that the Americans will go to.

>If you could compare that to a person getting a crown or bridge at $3-6k per fix

No fucking wonder none of you go to the dentist if you're paying $3k for a fucking crown.

>Braces are a thing, just like they are in the US. But we don't go the lengths that the Americans will go to.
But that's what teeth straightening is

Straightening to remove gaps is one thing. Straightening everything to a regimented "perfect" row of teeth is another.

You realize crowding and jumbled teeth drastically increases the risk of cavities?

Or are cavities supposed to be "natural" much like BO and therefore good?

>You realize crowding and jumbled teeth drastically increases the risk of cavities?

You realize that isn't what I'm talking about? Once again, your warped baseline for "normal" means you don't even understand the concept of "natural".

>No fucking wonder none of you go to the dentist if you're paying $3k for a fucking crown.

If you think about it, for 60% of america's population that's an almost insurmountable dent in the finances for the year. Even for the 20% higher it requires shuffling of budgetary allocation. Except for the politicians who resemble the pigs in 1984 or their backers, medical care is a bitch for the average american. It's why the majority of americans die broke. The medical industry sucks every drop of their financial blood until there's nothing left and kicks them to the curb.

This.
Also ginger beer is acceptable

chippy sauce or bust pal
it's brown sauce cut with vinegar, it's amazing and if you're ever in the edinburgh area (extends about 20 miles around it) ask for "sauce" on your chippy
perfection

curry sauce on chips is fine but a fish supper? get in the fucking sea

>The city of America

Nobody cares about the opinions of southern Rasheeds.

Wow dude, you're a moron. I'm American too because I spell colour without a u, color.