Quitting tobacco/Smoking herbs

Im trying to kick the tobacco jew, but I never seem to last for longer than a couple of months.
Niccotine isnt as much of an issue as the habit of actually smoking things is.
If i dont smoke i talk too much or need to chew gum or toothpicks etc.

So ive been considering trying to smoke some herbs.
Mint, thyme, camomile, walnut leaves etc

Does anyone else have any experience with smoking those? Or perhaps some other herb?
Is it dangerous? Does it help/taste good?

Dude.

Don't do that.

Just buckle down, the anxiety and nervous energy will settle eventually.

Like, I love thyme. Love it's taste.

Would you use tobacco leaf as an herb for cooking? Then why would you smoke some thyme?

What the correlation, they're plants?

Just vape you faggot

Came here to say this. All the pleasure of the act of smoking and the nicotine without any of the cancer.

>without any of the cancer
>vaping

60 years ago, we thought smoking was harmless. Vaping makes you look like a nerd and will probably give you cancer anyway (it might even give you something much worse). At least with smoking you know the risks.

Well camomile is actually a common suggestion even by doctors here, as a replacement for tobacco for people trying to quit.
Mint is a very common addition to some of the better tobacco blends
Thyme was and is still smoked a lot in places like turkey, i was unable to find any information about the negative effects, other than the obvious
>Smoking anything is bad for your lungs
But im aware of that

Walnut leaves are used as wrapping paper sometimes

So anyways all of these things can be, and sometiems are, smoked. Thats the correlation.
I wouldnt go and smoke saffron or salvia or whatever, i dont want to get high (and saffron can kill you easily if smoked) I just want something mostly harmless that satisfies my craving
Vaping still hasnt caught on in my eastern-european country. Not only would i look like a massive autistic faggot, I would have to order everything thats any good online and have it shipped to me
And that would greatly increase my monthly expenses since tobacco that I've smoked up until now has always been incredibly cheap (less than 2€ per pack, and I go trough one pack every 3 days, used to be a lot more than (2 daily) that but Ive made some progress)

I just want to know if stuff like mint/thyme is worth it
Its cheap, smells nice, should taste nice and I'm a bit of a herbalist so i gather those two in the nearby woods and dry them for tea anyways.
And I agree with this.
Adverse effects of vaping are still unknown, however since the implication is that its less harmful than smoking other herbs, That might also be true.

>Vaping makes you look like a nerd
So that's why the guys who drive sports cars and wear flat bill snap backs are always referred to as nerds right?
>and will probably give you cancer anyway
What's in it to give you cancer? There's three ingredients. Nicotine: not carcinogenic. Vegetable glycerine: not carcinogenic, used in laxatives. Propylene glycol: not carcinogenic, found in medicinal inhalers and various food products.

At worst you irritate your lungs.

Nicotine is one of the most toxic substances on the face of the planet. A single drop of pure nicotine on the skin can kill. Propylene glycol is crazy shit too, it's used as antifreeze.

Irritation is one of the ways cancer forms.

>Nicotine is one of the most toxic substances on the face of the planet. A single drop of pure nicotine on the skin can kill
Drink enough water and you can die too, you dumbass. Everything is a poison in the right quantity.
>Propylene glycol is crazy shit too, it's used as antifreeze
Do you think I haven't heard that stupid accusation yet? That's ETHYLENE Glycol that is toxic in antifreeze, not PROPYLENE Glycol. I mean, Christ alive people heard that Propylene Glycol was found in Fireball Whiskey and they went ballistic. Little do they know that Propylene Glycol has been used in, like I said, medicinal INHALERS and FOOD PRODUCTS for years. Those dumb shits are almost as bad as anti-vaxers because "hurr it causes autism".

Do a little independent research please.

Enjoy your cancer and looking autistic while you get it. I'm not going to waste any more of my extremely valuable time on you.

I don't vape you fucking dunce. I've just done the research unlike you.
>my extremely valuable time
>he posted on Veeky Forums.org
Don't make me laugh

Marijuana bro

You absorb about 1mg of nicotine from a cigarette, the LD50 for nicotine is 30-60mg

So unless you're lighting up two packs simultaneously like a TF2 meme I don't see what the problem is

You faggots are derailing the thread. Fuck your vaping and your marijuana. The op clearly said he wants to smoke this alternative shit because he doesnt have money to continue smoking cigarettes. If you know something about what he asked write it, if you dont get out

I smoke a blend of mullein, marshmallow leaf, sage, and lavender. It's nice and relaxing and is enough of a 'smoke' fix for me. Any smoke is bad for your lungs, but these herbs have various healing properties.

damiana is dang fine

Im not a stoner, if i was i wouldnt be asking about mint leaves.
Op here: God bless you user
How long have you been smoking that stuff for?
Has it had any effect on your health (that cigearettes wouldnt have)

As ive originally thought, it seems to be the best to mix and match blends of various herbs
Id love to play around with that eventually, after i figure out what can I actually smoke and what can kill me/make me sick to my stomach
You blend it with tobacco or just smoke it up front?
Does it sedate you? If so, id rather stay off of it
I dont like smoking things that make me feel letargic

I'd ask a doctor, not some losers on Veeky Forums, before you do something that could affect your future health

I've done that
The doctor reccomended camomile as ive mentioned in the previous post
But since mint and most other herbs/teas are also smokeable I wanted to see if anyone actually has their preffered blends like
I will, ofcourse, check with my doctor for each individual herb before I go about smoking anything

I gave up cigarettes about two years ago and just recently gave up smoking marijuana. I've been smoking this blend for about 2 or 3 months.
I haven't noticed any differences in my health. Mullein itself is great for clearing out the lungs and mixed with marshmallow leaf produces a smooth smoke. Sage itself can have sedative qualities, but I just use it to add a bit of flavor to the smoke. Same with the lavender.
I bought the herbs themselves online from some hippy dippy organic supplier out of Oregon. I mix how much ever I want of each of the herbs and roll em up in a raw paper.
Its definitely a cheaper alternative to cancer packs and I also find myself smoking far less of them than I did when I was stoning or smoking cigs.
There's tons of resources online and I used those to pinpoint which herbs I felt would work for me. Good luck to ya! A doctor is just going to tell you not to smoke anything at all.

Inhaling all that burning shit is going to give you cancer

Yea tree oil toothpicks worked well for me.

Surprise!

Smoking anything gives you cancer
But it is a good crutch to help a quitter since i can keep smoking (less and less over time) while atleast avoising the addictive elements of tobacco.
Ive already cut down quite a bit and i can will myself to not smoke for a week or more at a time
However when i relapse i only start chain smoking more again, my willpower isnt strong enough to just endure it.

If you arent a smoker you dont need to waste your time in this thread, im pretty sure every smoker today is well aware of the lung cancer threat.
Its the first time i've heard of those
Ive just been findingmyself chewing regular toothpicks, I will deffinately look into it.
Getting the herbs is no issue for me
Most of the ones youve named grow locally and i regularly pick them.
>A doctor is just going to tell you not to smoke anything at all
With the adult smoking rate here of about 80% doctors know better than to just say dont do it.
Most are smokers themselves and will offer genuine advice for replacements that help you quit, america is different.

Thanks a lot for all the info, I've made some notes of those herbs and will dig in to see their effects.
I assume that if anything lavander/mint etc will taste very nice.

Try it op, tell us if you die

Nicotine is toxic, yes. But you would need a few grams orally to die from it. Dermal dosages are even higher. You really need to do your research.

>Vaping still hasnt caught on in my eastern-european country. Not only would i look like a massive autistic faggot, I would have to order everything thats any good online and have it shipped to me
its all cheaper online anyways
here a pack is the equivalent of like $20 american dollarydoos so switching to vaping was a nobrainer

Don't have a nicotine problem but I enjoy these herbal cigarettes.

have you tried smoking a pipe? Feels much better desu and I've been able to cut back significantly on it. Someday I'll quit fully but i've definitely been able to cut back.

I wouldnt be so sure about that
I have smoked pipes, cigars, cigarillos, cigarettes, rolled my own, chewed, I've tried it all. But its time for me to ditch it i think.
If packs costed that much i wouldnt even stop to think before going to vapes, but atm I'm not finnancially capable of wasting quite that much on niccotine every month, I could afford it but it would be a significant chunk of my luxury expenses
Will do
But tonight I am first lighting my last cigarillo, if i die remember me

I meant to type tea tree oil, but mobile, so fuck me.

M U L L E I N
U
L
L
E
I
N

it's the best for a light non-irritating smoke
tastes kind of watery and green
people use it as a base for smoking mixtures

if you like a smokier harsher smoke then a bit of manzanita wood bark is very nice. Only use a little though because it is very strong. Willow bark is also nice, but you want to use the inner bark from the thin whip-branches, which is white and smooth rather than the outer bark from the trunk, which is thick and brown and chunky.

note that if you're collecting these herbs on your own in the wild you want to be sure they aren't exposed to any pesticides and are away from roads, because they can collect the heavy metals expelled in vehicle exhausts

Mullein and manzanita arent native to my local area.
I will check them out online, if they are affordable i can order once and give them a shot.

Don't worry I'm not a campus hippie who doesnt know how to properly treat herbs.
I only pick my herbs 10+miles away from any driveable road. My city is sat comfortably between some wonderful vistas and mountains. Most of it is hard to acess unless you know the forest oaths by heart. And, being southeastern europe, there are also minefields so not many people dare trek there

And no, i dont pick herbs near any minefields so they aren't contaminated.

switch to vaping
or quit cold turkey

>be britbong oldfag
>smoked from age 14 (now 45)
>shitloads of rolling tobacco and occasional straight
>get up in the middle of the night for a smoke
>no chance of giving up for more than a few hours

>doctor recommends Champix (Google is your friend)
>easy – haven't smoked for two and 3/4 years
>can't stand the smell, when I occasionally smoke hash or weed I have to use a pipe, a joint is disgusting to me

And fuck vaping. As well as being ultimate faggotry, that shit keeps you addicted to nicotine, so that when you run out of vape liquid you'll go and buy ten cigs. Guaranteed. Also needs to be properly tested for health effects.

Good luck.

Smoke straight up gloves. Pulverize in a blender, and roll them up.

They're numbing the novacaine, but it's a pleasant taste.

Thanks, you really know your stuff. Would you mind sharing your qualifications and which faculty or hospital you represent?

I assume you mean cloves?
Those are cow feed, so im not too sure on how nontoxic they are for smoking
I guess it doesnt hurt to look into it though
Thats inspiring, ive been smoking since I was 16, now im 28, im not too sure inwant to take the pill route though.
Id like to keep that as a last resort.
However i will ask my doctor about that stuff and what he thinks.

Just vape my man. If you don't want to look like an autistic redditor, just keep it in the confines of your home or car. If people give you shit for it tell them you're using it to quit smoking, they usually respect that.

If you decide to choose this route, make a plan to quit vaping. Autists become OBSESSED with it and remain addicted to nicotine. You can buy vape liquid in custom nicotine concentrations: you should be able to scale-down the concentration over time and eventually quit. It's not harmless, but it's (almost definitely) better than smoking.

Look up the site Smokableherbs and use it with Erowid to get an idea of each herb, it's effects etc.

I smoke a mix of white sage, damiana, mugwort and yarrow, sometimes with a bit of skullcap in there if I wanna kick things up a notch. Wormwood smokes well too and you can infuse it into alcohol. You can drink all of those (except the sage) as tea and you'll get a nice high from that too.

Smoking weed doesn't make you a stoner. Smoking all day every day with 90% of your conversations being about weed and letting weed dominate your life makes you a stoner. Most people in white countries smoke weed at least occasionally, they just don't go around rubbing it in everyone's faces or making a big deal of it like stoners do.

High blood pressure (stroke) and heart disease are all caused by nicotine. And erectile dysfunction from the blood pressure. Just don't use nicotine, ever again, it's very simple.

Cheers and good luck. Honestly check out the Champix pills. You take them while you're still smoking. They basically block a neurotransmitter, so you end getting no "reward" from the nicotine.

>use a substitute rather than stopping
>then have to stop the (even more insidious) substitute

Yeah nah

>nicotine brings ED
I can confirm this.

>Most people in white countries smoke weed at least occasionally,
Fuck off you absolute degenerate.
Smoking weed is for blacks.

>guys who drive sports cars
What are you, 12? Seriously, I thought the whole idea "smoking makes you look cool" would be a problem limited to children who don't understand that there is no real inherent value in "looking cool" particularly by way of smoking (cigarettes or anything else).

If you ARE 12 then get off Veeky Forums or I will tell your parents. Also, smoking isn't cool, son.

I can't help but agree with the second part of your statement

try vaping
it looks fucking indeed retarded
but it feels good man

Hey OP I just wanted to congratulate you on making a better choice for your health (and obviously subsequently your budget). Well at least in the sense that smoking common herbs would give you the mouth action that is likely ingrained while letting you break from the nicotine. I hope you can find something good that works well and maybe is somehow slightly beneficial.

Oregano has antibacterial properties and valerian also has calming properties but I'm not sure if they would work the same smoked or be safe to use in that way.

That's stellar advice and of great use to OP. Totally answered his question especially after he already said he can't vape. Thanks for your contribution.

OP IS NOT ASKING ABOUT VAPING. OP IS ASKING ABOUT HERBS - quit fucking suggesting he/she vape. OP is going down a better road - just because you are addicted to nicotine doesn't mean you should encourage someone else's addiction when they are trying to stop - and that doesn't even begin to address the fact that OP has already stated that isn't an option for them.

*drags on my basil spliff* ahhhhh yes, Italy

>be around vapers at work
>all their smoke smells like extremely dense cotton candy or creamsicles or blueberries or some other sickly sweet garbage
Fucking disgusting manchildren

If you don't have the balls to get over your nicotine addiction then vaping is a massively less hazardous option to dealing with it. If you switch to vaping, you may not eliminate the root cause and still feed your dependency, but you will harvest most of the benefits of actually quitting smoking. No more shortness of breath, no more smelling like an ash tray, increased sense of taste and smell, better energy etc.

Vaping is pharmacokinetically different from smoking in so far that it administers much smaller dosages of nicotine and, consequently, you will need to suck on it for minutes to get the same effect as puffing a cigarette a few times will provide. It does take the "instant gratification" away, which is another bonus.

In the end, if you can't quit smoking, or at the very least switch to vaping, you are a fucking pussy with zero will power. No matter how successful in life you otherwise are, not being able to quit smoking means you are a fucking pussy and deserve to be pointed and laughed at.

Yes, quitting is very, very uncomfortable. Suck it up and deal with it or remain a pussy for the rest of your greatly shortened life.
>t. smoked for 6 years, switched to vaping and quit that after 2 months, too.

>Vaping still hasnt caught on in my eastern-european country. Not only would i look like a massive autistic faggot, I would have to order everything thats any good online and have it shipped to me
Good, online is cheaper. Also Mother Russia is big into vaping.

>Propylene glycol is crazy shit too, it's used as antifreeze.
So is salt. They use PG in antifreeze because it's LESS toxic than what they used before (methanol I think)
Where the fuck do you find pure nicotine? You could down a bottle of vape juice without taking risks, it's 2% nicotine max, most don't vape above 0.6%.

>You absorb about 10mg of nicotine from a cigarette, the LD50 for nicotine is 500-1000mg
Fixed that for you.
>But an alchemist in the 16th century said the lethal dose was 60mg and since then this number has been used everywhere
I was smoking 8 times this lethal dose daily, the alchemist was wrong. Also he survived his lethal dose.

That sound as carcinogenic as cigarettes.
You know they make dry herb vaporisers, right? Nicotine is barely addictive, changing to smoking other herbs has close to zero health benefits.

How is a number on a bottle sticker insidious?
Vaping is cheaper than smoking, adk where you're getting you're too poor to vape.

>so that when you run out of vape liquid you'll go and buy ten cigs.
I'll buy a bottle of juice instead. Idiot.
>Also needs to be properly tested for health effects.
Done, it's 95% safer according to UK health services.

He's not stopping, he's continuing. That's the problem.

You should vape a disgusting liquid in their face.

We get it bro

Smoke a good cigar a few times a month.

You can't get much whiter than me friendo. I've had sunburn in February before now. And there's nothing wrong with an occasional smoke of good old fashioned natural weed.

You're just a puritanical faggot who I'm guessing hates seeing others get the pleasure and happiness that eludes you so cruelly. Sort yourself out, this isn't a dress rehearsal.

>thinks beinf white is mesured by getting sunburns
You dont get much whiter than me, my entire bloodline is exclusively made of white europeans from my country and i claim that weed is degenerate. You obviously have no idea what weed does in the hand sof poor "ghetto" faggots. I live in suvh a place and can tell you that it only makes them chimp out more and makes them do dumb shit. Not to mention how it fucks you up in the long run. I have known people who got retarded after smoking weed regulary for a long time (think 10-20 years). They now cant function properly. They have no idea what you are saying to them and cant put a sentece together anymore. Basically fuck you

You need to chill and smoke some weed dude

Not many blacks in the Himalayan region where weed originated.

Start running, eventually you'll push away the cigarette when you're looking for improving a time or not die of asphyxiation.

That's what I did anyway.

>idiot
>fuck off
>fuck you
All this aggression. Anyone might think you're a nigger or a mudslime.

Is that nigga eating a piece of cornbread?.

maybe in the shithole you live in
where I live weed is just treated like a "better, cheaper tobacco". Try projecting less, maybe if you smoked some sometime you probably wouldn't be so angry and pent up over nothing.

>cant put a sentece together
Lol. What's a sentece? BTFO by your own tiny brain. Comedy gold.

I quit quit chewing by using nicotine patches. I didn't try to quit cold turkey though. I started by wearing the patch at work and not chewing then. After that i limited myself to three dips a day, then two, then just one after dinner. Did that for about 6 months until i just stopped altogether.

Ghetto nignog detected.