Hey Veeky Forums

Hey Veeky Forums

So I have half a bag of leftover pasta, any quick and cheap things that I could do with it that'll come out good?

Do you mean cooked? Or fresh? Or simply dried that you would have to cook fresh?

Leftover usually means cooked.

What kind of pasta is it? Spaghetti as pictures? If it's penne or anything tubular make pasta salad.

Is it spaghetti? You could make a sketty pie

carbonara bby

You'll have to heat it so that it can cook the eggs partially though

Cooked, I made a whole package but only had enough sauce for half.

Yeah, forgot to mention it's spaghetti

Also what the fuck is with these capchas asking me shit five times jesus christ

(You)
Cooked, I made a whole package but only had enough sauce for half.

In that case, something like a aglio olio should still work. Or you rinse it in cold water and eat it with a sort of dipping sauce like soba, if you are into that sort of stuff.

Stir fry like it was rice, except different flavour and texture so you can have different matchings.
Most important differences: you can and should use extra virgin olive oil, do not use watery sauces like soy sauce (rice absorbs more than pasta).

I'd go for something simple like using it to eat a fresh veggie: oil/garlic/pepper flakes base, fresh veggie, pasta, egg to finish and bind flavours.

pro tip
always have pesto (red or green) in your fridge or just simple tomato sauce.
I love using that shit on leftover pasta and you throw in w/e you want.

Leftover spaghetti with tomato sauce, fried in EVOO till crispy stirring occasionally, is a popular comfort food in Italy. IMHO it's great but don't have it as the only "course".
Better if the leftover spaghetti are already mixed with tomato sauce as it will have time to dry, so it will fry better.

forgot picture

Take the hot noodles and add:

•tbsp of olive oil
•a tsp italian herbs (or more)
•1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan (or more)

stir well... cover for ten minutes to let herbs do their thing. Great side dish.... or add shredded chicken.

Why did you cook more pasta than you needed?

Oh yeah. I did that one couple times. Pretty good. I throw some cheese on top and fold it like grilled cheese.

I do that alot. Even had that messuring tool for amount of people you cook for but I still cook too much or too little.

That was the smallest package

The pots getting dirty, might as well. Do you cook rice one serving at a time?

who gives a fuck? OP has left over pasta and asking a question. Does it matter to you why he has left over? "Oh uncle bob needs 33 noodles, aunt steph wants only 30, mom wants 25, dad 50, and I guess I will have 40. :counts out 178 spaghetti noodles:" fucking retard.

What's that? Looks awesome

Spaghetti, with some cheese, wrapped in dough and baked.

OP, I have 3-4 kind of pantry sauces I do for basic pasta mood. It depends on what you have on hand, of course (but you could stock up for next time).

"Pasta with sand"
In small frying pan, warm up cold olive oil with sliced garlic, lift out garlic and set aside as it gets golden. Add coarse freshly grated breadcrumbs (grate or process whatever heels of stale bread you have) to oil and toast it. Add seasonings like basil, rosemary, chili flakes, whatever your mood. Pour hot oily crispy breadcrumbs over warm pasta, or fold into pot. Enjoy with or without cheese.

"Mornay sauce Pasta"
Same as above, setting aside breadcrumbs as a topping. To warm garlic oil or butter in pan, add 1-2 Tbsp flour to make roux. Add milk or half n half, ~1/2 to 1 cup per Tbsp, yea, eyeball it. Add whatever cheese you have, whether cheddar, parm, swiss, gouda, doesn't matter, or a blend. It's nice when you have more than one. Serve over pasta, top with breadcrumbs, hit it with some cajun seasoning like Tonys.

"Peanut sauce pasta (also great cold)"
Slice red onion, saute with peppers if you have them, carrots. Add sesame seeds to pan to toast. Add chili sauce, ginger paste. To warm oil in pan, heat up 3-4 Tbsp of chunky peanut butter, add soy sauce to make stirrable, or thin with a little water or chicken stock. While warm combine with pasta. Top with cilantro, lime juice, or if cold, combine with cucumbers. A pinch of mango chutney or if you have coconut. Also great with grilled chicken.

"Cold Sesame noodles"
Rinse whole wheat noodles with iced water. Toss with "dressing" of soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, rice vinegar, chili paste, and raw scallions. I like to leave out garlic and use straight up chili paste here. It's nice with cilantro on top or more toasted sesame (or tahini if you're a hummus person and have it onhand).