Last week

>Last week
>Live in country where the population is known for eating monkey soup
>Decide to make "real american cookies"
>People online write great reviews about the nestle toll house cookie recipe
>Use google to convert freedom units to the metric system
>Pic related is the result

I'm a newbie on baking but I think I used too much butter...
The recipe said 2 sticks of butter and google converted it to 200g. The recipe also used "cup" as a measure unit for flour and google said it was 100g.
I thought it was too much butter while making the dough but American cuisine isn't know for being healthy anyway.

Here's the recipe:

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 cup chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 375° F.

Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

Can anyone help me identify the problem? I want to try it again today.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ogCZ8eZtcnY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Do they taste okay? You need bigger baking sheets. The cookie dough spreads out a lot when its baking, so read about how big they say to make the balls of dough and how far to space them away from each other. Cookies regardless of nationality general have a ridiculous amount of sugar / butter. Maybe half the recipe or join the amerilard masterrace

Agreed, looks like spacing is the issue (as long as they tasted okay)

Just get a set of imperial measuring cups.

But yeah, each dough ball should be about an inch across, and they need to be like three inches from each other.

1 cup all-purpose flour = 120 grams
1 stick unsalted butter = 8 tablespoons = 113 grams

softened butter means it's at room temperature (~21 degrees C). creaming the butter and sugar should take a few minutes at medium speed. it should be smooth and look like soft cake icing.

chilling the dough in the fridge for an hour before spooning it onto the cookie sheet will prevent it from spreading.

They tasted okay. They were spaced out pretty well, I think.
>chilling the dough in the fridge for an hour before spooning it onto the cookie sheet will prevent it from spreading.
Will definitely try this.

Thanks!

They look spaced out poorly desu, but yeah, chill the dough ,if the recipe is still very liquidy add small incriments of flour until more thick.

Forgot my pic

>They were spaced out pretty well
Obviously fucking not.

It looks like you were trying to bake a cake.

Try 2.5 cm balls of dough spaced roughly 10 cm apart. Also decrease your cooking time as they look like they were left in the oven too long.

I don't like that recipe (burger here) because it's so runny. Add more flour until you have a very, very stiff dough. Maybe 1/2 to 1 cup, I never measure my extra. I like using almond flour in addition to regular flour, white whole grain is also a good add in

I spaced them out the same way as before, but this time I used half the butter and added another cup of flour.

Pic related is the end result, I put the dough in the fridge before baking and decreased the baking time.

Thanks for the tips ( ). They're fucking delicious.

those are way too close desu

Not as delicious as sopa de macaco though!

They look good. A little THICC but good.

I don't have bigger trays and even if I did, they wouldn't fit my oven.
I suppose I could bring down the measurements of the recipe but I would probably mess them up.

I've been using this cookie recipe and it's delish

youtu.be/ogCZ8eZtcnY

Do you live in a favela? Do you have AC? Is Max Payne 3 realistic?

You either over-creamed the butter, or they were too hot when you put them in the oven. Try popping them into the freezer for ten minutes before you bake them.

No, Yes, I don't know, never played it.

I live in the south, our reality is a bit better than the rest of the country. I also live in a very small city so there's no favelas.

>South

SUR

ES

BLANC

1. Use a bigger baking sheet
2. Spread out the dough and/or make smaller cookies (so they don't all melt together)
3. Refrigerate the dough after it is fully mixed (chips and all) before baking
4. Bake for a little less time (take them out when they look golden and just a sliver underbaked and let cool before trying to transport).

The the best recipe I've ever tried for the same cookie but nearly fool proof to get soft cookies that don't melt into a puddle is to use the same recipe with a bit more brown sugar and maybe more white sugar and then just more flour. More flour takes the dough from a messy scoopable dough to a dough you can ball up and press out with your fingers. More sugar is (and salt for that matter) is just because the cookies will taste bland if you add more flour and keep all other ingredients the same. And if you chill that dough and don't overcook it (they will come out looking slightly pale compared to what you might anticipate but they are done) - they will be perfect soft cookies that look pretty and are good for show but taste a smidgen less interesting than the original recipe. You can also replace half or all the butter with shortening but that alters the flavor negatively in my opinion.

I already did pretty much everything you said see >More sugar is (and salt for that matter) is just because the cookies will taste bland if you add more flour and keep all other ingredients the same.
I didn't do this and you're right, they do taste a bit bland.

How do you make sopa de macaco?

one of the biggest things aboot this recipe is if it is meant to be cookies baked on a sheet or made in a casserole dish to make cookie bars

this recipe looks nearly identical to one i have and its to make cookie bars (in a glass casserole type dish)

that's not chilled-a-monkey brain