Your daily food

so, Veeky Forums, what did you eat today? i'm curious.

me? i had two toad-in-the-hole for breakfast, along with strawberries and blueberries. i had never had them before, m made them for me.

for lunch i went to a nice local pay-by-weight buffet and had a little spicy baked catfish, a little spicy baked chicken, fried shrimp, mac and cheese, and a big cuke/tomato salad w blue cheese dressing.

for afternoon snax, i'm having a cheese plate. brie and fontina with crackers and maybe some kind of jam or the rest of the strawberries.

for dinner i'm using the rest of the fontina to make mac and cheese using a technique i've never tried before, seriouseats' three-ingredient mac and cheese. the secret is evaporated milk, apparently. but it won't be three ingredients technically, looking at a budgetbytes recipe inspired me to add spinach and pesto. hopefully the wateriness of the former and the oiliness of the latter will balance out (i'm squeezing out the spinach as much as possible but it will still be a little watery). might also make lemon-garlic sauteed green beans using the cook's illustrated recipe (a tried-and-true fav technique that involves two quick rounds of browning with a short steam in between, all in the same pan, easier than it sounds). only wish i had more fruit for dessert :'(

how about you??? what have you eaten today???

strawberries and a couple chunks slices of decade old cheddar

Oatmeal with blueberries and horlicks powder

Mocha kitkat

Crisp indian-spiced basa with caramelized onions on rice

oh man! you sound hungry :( eat something, maybe beans and veggies?

how was the oatmeal?

your dinner sounds awesome but i'm not sure what basa is

What the hell is a toad in the hole?
This was breakfast and had another for lunch

Toad stuffed into its own anus.

it's like, you cut a circle out of bread, put the bread in a hot buttered pan, and crack am egg into the hole and cook it like that

that honestly looks disgustimg but i hope you enjoyed it

Sausage in a yorkshire pudding

looks british

A bowl of cereal.

No it isn't wtf, that's just instagram egg fried in bread

That is not what that is.

yep, it's no flavour sensation but it's nice and greasy and tasty

Lol@that little gooklet.

Had steak and cheap wine earlier.

thanks for letting me know, i didnt make it

google suggests it can be either, depending on the country you're in

but come on, tell the board what you've had to eat today

Last night's dinner and tonights dinner too

nice! anything else? any cooking plans flr the night?

I break my fast in 2 hours on bacon, eggs, and coffee.

damn that looks pretty tasty.

making one recipe to last multiple days is an underrated hack for eating more homecooked food.

Chomping on a kiwi right now.
Lips are bleeding and my tongue is itchy as fuck but shit is too cash

I do this all the time. Cook a bunch on the weekends and take it to work

Not really. Going out for cocktails later so might eat a few canapés or some tapas.

are you allergic? oh man, i sympathize. i don't know if i could give up kiwis.

try some kiwi hi-chews, i think it's all artificial flavor and it manages tl come surprisingly close, even got some chia in it for that seedy feeling

what kind of cocktails and cocktail snacks do you normally go for?

yum, i hope you fry yoir eggs in the bacon grease

Dirty Martini and blinis with salmon or caviar usually. Nice salty snap.

i need to do it more! my all-time best multiday meal was soba noodles with cabbage, onion, carrots, and a spicy miso, topped with seared tuna.

classic. you've got great taste.

I'm not sure, afaik I don't have any allergies but it could be that. But desu it's worth it, I love how sour and tasty kiwi is, will look in to hi-chews though, ty

no idea what i'll eat tmrw, does anyone have any cheap and tasty meal plans? or know where to find some? if they use pesto even better bc i have tons

Of course. To do otherwise would be wasteful.

Cook pasta, i like linguine but whatever you got
Add pesto and grated cheese
ezpz
Sits like rock but tastes good and doesn't take long at all

I had scrambled eggs and toast. And starting on a six pack of cider, then I have 3 beers or so leftover from last night, so that will be 9 drinks today.

true! i don't have any breakfast food so maybe eating this for brek will give me the energy to aquire and prepare more snax and keep me from starving

man i feel bad for you. someone should cook you something

I usually do something in the crock pot on Saturday. Chicken like in the pick, bbq pork roast, or carnitas. Sunday morning I do a huge breakfast. I'll pack all that up for work. Usually gets me through Weds atleast

Breakfast - black tea
Lunch - nothing
Dinner - going to Yard House with a buddy, not sure what I'll order yet, maybe their fancy mac and cheese

It was good though, I put cheese in it. I don't know how to cook anything else though. Eggs and ramen are my only dishes, other than that I eat frozen food that I heat up. Like mini pizzas, quesadillas, and chicken tendies.

you should try making a baked oatmeal, that's an awesome make ahead recipe. tell me what kinds of baked goods you like (banana bread? rasp lemon scones?) and i'll rec you a baked oatmeal recipe

Why not try follow a recipe and make some pasta or something? It's not too hard

The only thing that goes in my oven are pizzas and burritos that are frozen. I've never tried baking.
Plus I'm diabetic so I try to stay away from bread. I dig a tortilla from time to time.

are you trying to learn how to cook? what holds you back most? i love reccing cookbooks to beginner cooks, that will help them get past whatever is the hardest obstacles between them and cooking.

is it time? i can find you an awesome 30 min cookbook

do you feel like you need to deeply understand the cooking process in order to follow recipes? (some people's procedural memory works that way) i know a great cookbook that explains the science behind the recipes

is it grocery shopping that really gets to ya? theres a great cookbook where ebery recipe is 6 ingredients or less

dude, if you're diabetic you probably should really learn some basics and get away from those frozen burritos and pizza. pizza crust is carbs too

gotoh now i feel like i understand why you had a steak with no sides

the chz plate!

maybe wash the fuzz off next time?

I'm the chicken tacos, not the steak. I found out about my diabetes about 6 weeks ago. No pizza since. But that is what I used the over for while I was still earning my diabetes. I know those two tacos had more than the 30g of carbs I'm supposed to have per meal, but I grew up in Arizona and I'm not dropping tortillas. I check my sugar and am doing very well just by cutting out the soda, pzzza and subs. I'm not even taking all the meds they gave me and my sugar stays between 80-110 usually. I have some meds that I only take if I'm planning to hog out at a bbq or something. Just did Memorial day, after all and , well, burger.

can you wash the fuzz off???? i thought you had to peel it

...p-portland??

I follow the recipes and they fail. Like I tried making steak the other day and it was frozen in the middle and burnt on the edges. I guess I was supposed to thaw it but I didn't know that.

I'm kind of amazed and impressed at all the friendly and helpful people that have invaded Veeky Forums..

"earning my diabetes"

hahaha

now i understand, sorry

i don't think you need to give up tortillas, i think they have a great pleasure:carb ratio

sounds like you're doing a great job handling your illness!

Yeah, they're pretty soft. It's like rubbing down a beet if you've ever done that..

i didn't know you could rub down a beet either o.o

you're teaching me so much!

Yeah, you take a moist rag and just rub the skin off.

haha man that is pretty funny/cringey but a normal rookie mistake. sounds like you've learned from the experience right?

that kind of thing is what makes you a better cook

thanks!

i try to have good manners wherever i go :) it literally hurts my heart that i can't give each of y'all a tupperware full of leftovers before you go :'(

i hadnt tried fontina before and i was worried it wouldnt be good with the spinach and pesto, but having eaten that chz plate i'm really relieved, it has a creamy nutty full flavor that will go great with my dish

thx

A chicfila spicy deluxe with water

sounds much easier and cleaner than peeling them like i normally do....wait are you just bullshitting me?

that is all you've eaten today? doesnt sound fun

get a can of goya black beans and heat them with cumin and chipotle to taste. there, spicy and savory and simple and less expensive than what you ate, with the added self-respect of starting cooking

I've been up fofr over six hours. So far: 1 cup of coffee and 1 cup of juice.

damn everyone acting like they don't eat. i know Veeky Forums isn't an especially skinny demographic, so ppl who haven't eaten today must be feeling proud and are more likely to post. unhealthy.

I eat little but I'm still fat. Some kind of metabolic syndrome from schizophrenic medication.

I did have a small bite of leftover potato from last night when I was doing the dishes. I haven't smoked weed yet today, hence no food. Also, I'm not skinny. 235.

oh dude i'm so sorry

I'm fasting for another 3 hours, so at nine I'll get off work and have the eggs, oatmeal and back bacon I made this morning. I usually make a rice and ground meat dish, or a pasta and drumstick dish, but I'm running on 4 hours sleep and I had no time to prepare any of that; fortunately, I'm the kind of weirdo which eat gruel and be fine.

I've been getting into Persian cuisine lately, so my rice dishes have usually been something like pilaf, and my pasta dishes have been paired with gormeh.

My bipolar meds do that to me, you just gotta jog every other day.

Breakfast: peach and two cups of tea with milk.
Lunch: baked potato and half cup of corn. two cups of tea, sans milk.
Dinner: probably going to make tacos and drink beer.

I was sedentary today--just sat on my ass and wrote some code. I usually eat a lot more if I'm active.

I ate goya black beans and rice for a month straight when I moved to Los Angeles. Haven't seen them since I moved back, though.

they're everywhere around here. try an international market maybe?

the beet has to be cooked m8

i honestly did not understand that so thx for clarifying

that fontina pesto spinach mac, in all its glory. incredibly smooth and took like ten minutes

2 scrambled eggs 2 canteloupe wedges and 2 cherry tomatoes for breakfast.

Protein smoothie with spinach, pineapple, and lemon for lunch.

Spring mix with balsamic dressing and pan seared flank steak and roasted sweet potatoes for dinner.

Canteloupe with prosciutto and 3 dried dates for snacks throughout the day.

It's 11pm and I'm really hungry now

>2 cherry tomatoes
wut

As an actual "Kiwi" this confounds me to the extreme... The only way a kiwifruit should ever be eaten is by cutting it in half and eating with a spoon or somesuch... tf is up with biting into it like an apple?

theres literally nothing wrong with eating it skin on