KETO

Does Veeky Forums enjoy KETO

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MzHLAqyO7PQ
youtube.com/watch?v=hjsa05Os3ss
press.endocrine.org/doi/10.1210/jcem-57-2-316?url_ver=Z39.88-2003&rfr_id=ori:rid:crossref.org&rfr_dat=cr_pub=pubmed&
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2279566/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes. Coming up on two months. We'll see what my doctor has to say, then I'll decide if I'm going to continue.

No. It'll give you a poo bum.

>enjoy

It's miserable. You miss grains and sweet fruit so mich.

But the diet definitely works. I especially like how it slows insulin and lowers blood sugar.

Actually user it causes dry skin that's the only side affect meow has noticed

I've lost 35 pounds in 4 months. But I combine keto with 20 hour fasts every day and walk 6-8 miles a day. Meow is deadly serious about health and nutrition.

I love butter, but god damn

I have neither of these things. Are you getting your micros?
If I'm craving sweet fruit I'll have berries. The only craving I get for grains is sandwiches, and that's more of a texture thing. The cross section of a good sandwich is so much more enjoyable than salad with meat and dressing.

>miserable
Yes user keto causes misery but anons have to have lots of discipline like samurai to be able to properly attain a level of kek that anyone would be proud of.

>macros
user macros don't mean shit. Less than 30g of carbs a day. Real simple. Then only eat once a day, and while you aren't eating (all day) excercise. Then you will be a keto legend the way meow is. When you are fat adapted you will feel high like when you use drugs. Is amazing. I think neckbeards should try this diet.

Macros do matter to a certain extent. Not enough fat and not only will you shit literal bricks, your hair, mood, fingernails, skin, hormones etc will be fucked.

lol no.
youtube.com/watch?v=MzHLAqyO7PQ

My brother has been off and on ketogenic and Atkins diets for years and his bones are literally disappearing from it - he can barely walk. He's also GAINED weight any time he eats normally again, so now he's morbidly obese. He also has liver disease and gout. But he's too stubborn to admit he fucked up and fell for a suicide diet.

As long as meow is eating 100% fat he will be ok user

user there may be more wrong with him besides the keto. As jimmy Moore and "Doc Muscles" have said: "that is an instance of correlation, and not causation ".

Oh, AND he has diabetes. He eats following the Atkins/Keto diet most of the time and when he's off it he eats "healthy" food. He acts like his problems are genetic even though absolutely no one else in the family has his problems.

Considering he's been following this bullshit since he was a senior in high school and he's almost 30 now, and literally no one else in the family has his problems, I'm pretty confident in saying it's his diet that fucked him up. There's also scientific evidence backing that up.

I've lost weight on high-fat low-carb keto diet
I've lost weight on high-carb low-fat vegan diet

The only constant in any case is that I lose weight when I track what I eat, and I gain weight when I snack/graze and don't keep track.

To lose weight you should try fasting and excercise while fasting everyday to raise metabolism

I practice intermittent fasting anyway, more strict on weekdays than weekends. It tends to make my weight top out at 175 (a little over 6') whereas otherwise I balloon up to 240 if left to my own devices. On both keto and pant-based diets I initially got down to the mid 150s and then trended back up to 175 as I learned more recipes and grazed more during my feeding hours. My triglyceride:hdl ratio is better on a plant-based diet than ketogenic diet, though my triglycerides were a bit lower on keto overall (LDL was 200% higher lel)

I said micros, not macros.

Did user use an NMR test there are subtypes of LDL and of the three types only one causes heart disease. Small sense LDLparticles.

Also forgot to mention that every time he goes on these diets, he has uncontrollable rage and you just had to leave the house because he was dangerous.

Sounds like user's brother is a special case a unique man

No.
youtube.com/watch?v=hjsa05Os3ss

Is that Jim Morton?

John Reilly. He was in step brothers and talladega nights

Kek

im on keto right now. its okay miss and french fries ice cream tho

I'm on keto too I miss pizza so much and pasta spaghetti sauce oh goodness and mostly good beers like German and IPA they all have lots of carbs

I to atkins induction for two weeks then eat carbs for 2 days then do Atkins induction.
repeat.

Lost 27lbs since march doing this with no exercise.

I prefer not to have diabetes, atherosclerosis, heart and liver disease and I understand the bare basics of human nutrition, therefore I do not eat a keto diet.

user did you weigh a enormously large amount of pounds when you started doing this?

257 when I started.

Backstory:
I went full Starting strength/531 and lifted and ate without remorse after my GF dumped me. I have no kids and I would work - lift - eat - sleep; nothing else for 2 years. Went from 160ish to 230. then work got harder and I kept eating until I hit 260 (without lifting). Cut back on soda/calories for a week then started the Atkins induction cycle..I think i still have a bit of muscle mass that's doing the work right now. if/when i stall I'll start lifting again. Hope that covers it.

Cool! I will make pasta for dinner, you made my mind up. Thanks user! Oh, with garlic bread too!

I'm glad I helped I like frogs do you user?

But a keto diet can cure diabetes, you incorrigible fag.

No fucking shit why do ppl not notice this? Makes blood pressure go down too.

Looks like you may be some type of weightlifter user. I was that too. Took a shit body one year and decided to go to the Y. Lifted 3 times a week for an hour and got fairly ok looking after a year. I was nothing special but had somewhat muscle mass. Was happy with results and stuck to it religiously. That was all without a keto diet. Imagine what anons can do armed with keto knowledge.

No, it cannot. A keto diet can cause diabetes though. In fact, Tim Noakes, a rather famous keto proponent, got diabetes 3 months after first going on a low-carb high-fat diet and he's been diabetic ever since. 3 months is a pretty typical time frame for developing diabetes on a high-fat diet. Insulin resistance on a high-fat diet starts setting in after 3-5 days, and you're typically well on your way to prediabetes after 4 weeks (this is also what happened in the BBC documentary Sugar vs Fat).

The person in the OP image also has diabetes. Diabetes is pretty common in the keto community.

So should I tell my doctor I'm not going to follow his advice because some guy on Veeky Forums said so or what?

Every notable health and nutrition organization on the planet recommends against high-fat low-carb diets. It's fringe nonsense on the level of homeopathy and if a medical professional recommends it that's a good sign that one should seek to exit the premises briskly.

Yes they don't want you to know the truth

Yes user that is what the Rockefeller and the Rothschild wants it to believe so make it true user

OK, thanks. I will purchase medication to treat me now. Thankyou for your informed and unbiased advice.

Only the most hardcore anons will eat a keto diet. This generally leads to fasting as the human body does not require the amount of SHIT that most plebs consume. Once broken of the SAD (standard American diet) the body will recover into a fat adapted state and run efficiently on the real nutrients it needs. As the body runs on fat fasting will naturally ensue. These are the ways of Kek anons.

Is interested in next response

After 2 weeks of keto I start to really miss certain carbs. Then after I eat them I feel kind of bad and want to go back on keto.

Don't feel so bad. If you break keto every now and again you will still reap its benefits.

user if you are truly hardcore (

Let me put this out there: there is no such thing as casual keto. It will not work and you will end up being a fat faggot. Listen to me. Keto requires discipline and strength of character. You must be disciplined and not stray from a Keto. If you do, Keto will let you know by making you tired and worthless for a fucking week. I do not find this acceptable. Therefore I adhere to the discipline of keto, with 20 hour fasting every day and 6-8 miles a day of walking. You are either serious or you aren't.

Lol, your full of shit.

I am not . I have lost 35 lbs since Jan 15.

I know. I can't seem to lose my big belly, though. It's always there, sticking out. That's why I switched to keto, to burn fat easily because I've always had a problem with carbs. But what frustrates me most is even though I know keto is working inside me, my body will burn fat from all the places I don't care about. For example, my neck, and under my armpits, the back of my knees, etc. It's all about patience I guess. I started exercising along side keto and saw an improvement, but at the moment I'm off keto. I think I'll switch back on Monday, and try for another 4 weeks or so. The craving I get is what I cave in to, I take off a Friday and eat over the weekend normally, meals such as Sunday roast, but sometimes I just take the whole week off to eat recipes I find or any food that needs using up.

I've been doing intermittent fasting for months on and off during keto and even did a 2 week water fast once. When I come off keto now I don't really tend to notice anything bad. I don't feel like crap for 4 days at all. In fact after my longest spell on keto when I came off I still felt like I was in fat-burning mode because I was still losing weight slowly. The only effect I normally feel is my ankles are a little stiffer when walking down stairs like a little inflammation and I feel heavier. You're right that being in keto makes you feel better. I guess I just have the psychological weakness of wanting carbs after 2 weeks of keto.

This isn't entirely true. Cyclical keto diet also works. It just depends on how many calories you burn off. Athletes for example can still eat plenty of carbs for refeeds and look shredded. You've simply found that walking so much is working for you.

I am here to help other anons. My wife came up with this shit, for New Years. Thought it was absolute shot but went along with. I tried it and found it works wonderfully

>works
It's just food, user. If it keeps you alive it works.

Has for 4 months

user what are we eating tonight

I can't afford it.

Is eating chicken with covfefe made up of onions mushrooms and jack cheese keto can be expensive

Onions have a lot of sugar.

Not that much. If you don't eat them all you will be okay

I'm doing whole30, which is similar to keto in a way (low carb focused) but just dieting in and of itself feels very demoralizing.

(I'm trying to slim down and cut out bad snacks and figure out if I'm mildly lactose intolerant)

Went from 265 to 180 in matter of 7 months. Completely changed my life tbqh. Wish I was lifting tho, but I'm too lazy

Why don't you guys just fast 4-5 days a week during work? You can eat literally anything you want Friday to Sunday, and lose 5-6 lbs a week. Then you have tons of free time during the week.

one step away from an eating disorder.

>one step away from an eating disorder.

Isn't that the case with every diet?

No. The food you eat is your diet. Eating food is not a disorder.

Eating too much food is. Any diet you choose, people can eat too much of it.

Or they can cheat on the diet and eat shit they crave like fried butter.

I'm lovin' it.

About three months ago I suddenly started feeling like absolute crap. I was diagnosed as a diabetic about six weeks ago. I was given a shitload of pills that I had to take every day and was told that that was the bare minimum because of my insanely high and out of control blood glucose levels. The doctor wanted me to go on injected insulin but agreed to let me try the pills first, even though she didn't think they'd be enough.

I went on keto a couple of days after that. I now have normal blood glucose readings both fasting and after meals. I'm not using any insulin, and I am only taking one of the three medications.

Yesterday to test it, I took an initial fasting reading (87), then ate a shitload of carbs -- cookies, bread, hummus -- and took another reading after an hour. It was 130, which is solidly within "totally fucking normal" for an hour after eating a shitload of carbohydrates.

Back to ketoing again today. Going out for sashimi in a few minutes because fuck rice. :-)

Dude, you are blaming a diet for what are obviously your brother's own problems.

* He's yo-yo dieting. That's never good.
* He's got uncontrolled diabetes. That's going to fuck him hard.
* He has emotional problems when hungry. Again, not a diet issue.

In fact, based on my own personal experience over the last few months here I am going to bet that your brother is cheating on his diet constantly, and that this is why he's starving-and-raging. As far as the diabetes goes, Atkins/keto/whatever can't do anything about it directly -- it only helps you to lose weight and to stop hammering your blood sugar levels, it doesn't magically fix your pancreas or your metabolism. If his diabetes is already too far gone, it's not going to reverse it (unlike what it apparently did for me -- six months earlier, my A1C and glucose levels were normal, so I caught mine right at the onset).

Oh no... they'll lose weight!

That can't possibly be good at all!

>Lose lots of weight
>90% of it is muscle
>"This is great the scales show a lower number now so I must be more healthier!"

Working well for me in conjunction with MFP

Only thing that can really curb my appetite and keep my near my calorie goals

press.endocrine.org/doi/10.1210/jcem-57-2-316?url_ver=Z39.88-2003&rfr_id=ori:rid:crossref.org&rfr_dat=cr_pub=pubmed&

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2279566/

Cool broscience there. Fasting conserves muscle mass and burns fat as the burning turns ketogenic in order to provide energy. Why do you think people get fat? it's an emergency store of energy during hard times. You don't expect cavemen to die the minute they dont have anything to eat and get so weak they can't hunt, that's retarded.

Actually, we get fat because our ancestral monkeys evolved to live in and around water. It's just like blubber in whales. We're just not used to our natural state anymore.