London Restuarant Recommendations?

Heya, Veeky Forums.

I'm going to London (and Stratford upon Avon) for work. The way the flights worked out, I have a few days to see London and eat some food, before having to move on or have restaurants chosen for me.

I'd like to have British food while there, because we have a lot of the Zuma/Nobu/Milos/trendy fish places back home. I like fine dining, so I'm okay with spending.

Some places the hotel recommended for British traditional:
Berners Tavern
Rules (rules.co.uk)

Also some French suggestions were:
Greenhouse
La Gavroche
The Ledbury

Any thoughts on these, locals?

Also what about lunch? Someone recommended The Market Tavern which is near my hotel/Hyde Park.

Other urls found in this thread:

barbecoa.com/locations/piccadilly/menu
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

La gav is excellent
Rules is lovely and terribly british
The Dorchester is great, i used to work at the grill there
But seriously get a table at The Ned, it is fucking ridiculously varied and there is nothing like it on the planet

Thank you!

The Ned is a restaurant within the hotel The Ned? Or you just mean try some places in there?

I'll try The Gav and Rules, thank you!

Any recommendations for lunch? I'm staying the Four Seasons Park Lane. Any comfy British Pubs around there?

>rules.co.uk
Also when it comes to British food, what should I try? [spoiler]I'm a tiny grill so sometimes really heavy stuff like traditional swabian german food I can't manage to eat much of and it just overwhelms me[/spoiler]

Definitely The Dorchester.
Go there and eat, it's amazing.

Alain Ducasse at The Dorchester? The French one?

I have to shower and get ready, really appreciate the feedback anons. I'll be back in like 30 minutes if anyone else has any suggestions.

Barrafina is highest rated in london for good reason, good luck getting in though

St. John's is a legend in the industry for good reason

Clove Club got best British in 50best recently

Lyle's is good

Sunday lunch at the Flask in Hampstead. Walk on the heath first to build up an appetite. Just good trad cuisine, not fine dining, but so cosy.

>Barrafina is highest rated in london for good reason, good luck getting in though
Spanish tapas is something I eat a lot of, but I'll check it out if it's that amazing.

>St. John's is a legend in the industry for good reason
The one on Maltby st? Is that good for lunch as well? I'm looking for some great lunch places too..

>Clove Club got best British in 50best recently
>Lyle's is good
Thanks so much!

I love cosy, I will do this Sunday! I have a dinner meeting that evening, but was looking at what to do in the afternoon and morning so thanks for that.

The KFC Zinger Stacker is a must try.

I have a free afternoon and night in Stratford-upon-Avon also, any recommendations?

Pedros in kentish Town if you want traditional breakfast.
Porkys for ribs is lovely near Camden

Is there anything closer to Hyde Park for traditional breakfast?

Christ m8 that looks terrible u tryin to kill the lass?

Doesn't your hotel serve breakfast?

Of course. I normally don't even eat breakfast (I do 16:8 IF most of the time), but, when I travel on the days I'm not working I try to try a bunch of stuff.

Well, their 'full english' is as traditional as you're going to get without finding a proper greasy spoon, and good luck getting served spit-free food in one of those with your american accent and fancy clothes.

I just meant because it was pretty far away, especially with traffic. As far as getting served spit-free, on the 4th of July, with an American accent, and my fancy cloths.... not sure the hotel can save me. :o) I try to be a pleasant tourist though. Although if you'd recommend I stick with the hotels, I appreciate the advice!

For breakfast, at least.

Also, the only guy I know that knows of greasy spoons is asleep because he's probably got work in the morning.

Does it need to be a greasy spoon?

y-you ok bro?

>Be American
>Go to England for work
>This is a good decision
>I have a great future
>Pass me another lager mate

Greasy spoons have the best breakfasts., but they're not for you.

What you need to look for is 'all day breakfast'.

There's a place kinda like your pic op...across from UK parliament building, it's a halal slaughter house, what christian brits call London bridge...

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

It's actually been a while since I've been to London, so curious if this muslim-takeover is quite like /pol/ describes.

Speaking of beer. Are there any good British beers?

Don't go to the UK. They have a serious kebab problem atm.

>curious if this muslim-takeover is quite like /pol/ describes.
Pol don't know shit. They don't leave their momma's basement.
It's just psychos with vans, which you were at risk from anyway.

> Beer
Walk into a pub, try what's on tap until you find one you like.

The Black & Blue steakhouse at London Bridge does a nice steak I hear.

>go to London restaurant
>order burger
>get run over by shipping truck
>get stabbed by Muslim
3/10 would not recommend

Go to Beigel Bake over on Brick Lane, and get yourself a salt beef bagel.

I mean, look at this motherfucker.

>go to london
>find a nice comfy pub
>order a cold one on draft
>enjoy a warm plate of traditional cuisine
>truck drives through the window and kills you
>nasir jumps out and stabs four more

>be british
>cant cut bread with knife without a permit
>walk outside
>get stabbed with knife

That does look good! It's beef, cheddar, and that looks like some onion?

t. mudslim

That's mustard

Even better. Damn that must be super salty.

t. Poltard who needs to go back.

I went to Cricklewood to buy some underwear and it was full of durkadurkas. They're taking over London one borough at a time. I really hope they all get deported back to their shitty part of the World.

OP is long dead, why are you replying?

I'm not dead! I'm still here. I went to sleep, now have to run a friend to the airport, but otherwise will be lurking all day and would love any other suggestions.

Thank you, I'll keep that in mind.

That looks very tasty. I'm going to be so full there, you guys are as bad as we are in the states.

If you can get a table go to Scotts for the dressed crab and a couple of glasses of Black Velvet.
It's the best seafood in the UK.

sorry, it was more a topical comment than a recommendation

It's kind of awkward, isn't it?

Thank you! Noted!

Is it really nerdy to have a (small) binder when I travel with all of this?

Not exactly British cuisine but if you don't mind spending a bit, it's one of the best places i've eaten in the city. Recommend the masala prawns and the black dahl

It's called Dishoom btw, forgot to say. It's near King's Cross station so it's pretty easy to reach

Thank you! What a cool interior also.

pajeet pls

There are plenty of restaurants in the Hotel, all are fantastically put together. Also top tier drinking and a breathtaking building
The Marquis of Westminster is a nice wee pub (near Victoria) with good food, but anywhere independent will likely have some classic pub grub and roasts on Sundays
Agreed

Also Wright brothers in Soho is the place to go for seafood; cozy and cool, with a famously high standard
Brits are good at Stouts, and bitter cask ale. Ask CAMRA for places with beer in cask

And if you have time this eve, Ronnie scotts is an institution worth visiting

Thanks for this.

Maybe a strange question, but I'm pretty small, is everything pretty big portions there?

t. triggered mudslim

t. Poltard who needs to kill themselves because they really genuinely think that racism is inherently funny.

Depends on where; fine dining will be much the same as the rest of Europe, but pubs and the like are wont to fill your entire table with tasty things
If you are about tomorrow and need a chef guide I am off tomorrow aye

Thanks. I'm not coming until next month, appreciate the offer though. Planning a bit ahead in case certain places are difficult to reserve - plus had a quiet weekend.

t. retard who talks in plural when talking to only 1 individual

Jesus fucking Christ
This is not reddit, but this entire thread stinks of it
Fuck off OP, I hope you get run down ok London Bridge or something

This thread is cancer

wow REWD

Kill yourself.

God forbid anyone talk about food on a food board...

Go to Tayyabs in the East End for a nice pakistani curry. The kebabs are perfectly sliced, as your neck might be if the local sharia patrol catch you.

I seriously don't get why OP would be dumb enough to go to London right now. London has terrorist attacks MONTHLY. They don't have their shit together security wise and it is only getting worse.

Hope she is getting paid well to have her life on the line like that.

Please go back to your containment thread :^)

You could try the food court at Camden Market if you're into that sort of thing, lots of interesting things to find there

It's the part and parcel, m8.

What's Camden Market? It looks like a small shopping district?

I'm not too worried. I've been to more dangerous places. It is concerning, but, I hope that they get things under control a bit more soon.

It's a large market in London, you can have a wander and pick up some surprisingly cheap shit that was probably stolen, there's a food court in the middle with loads of food stalls, last time I went was a few years ago and there were loads of niche east Asian stalls

Interesting, thank you!

I second this. Go buy some cheap trinkets, some bud, and eat delicious ethnic foods

u lads tryina give this lass the shits?

w-where can I buy the bud there?

i have information that op actually died. very sad. rip

Walk around long enough and you'll be offered some sort of drug from a passerby eventually, hopefully before you get shanked by 14 year olds in shell suits

Thanks for being my friend while I was alive. :o)

Ah, okay, too scary nevermind. I'll just have a coffee.

I walked into a shop run by young Arab guys who looked chill and asked them where tha bud at? They told me where to go and who to talk to. Super easy.

Where's that everything's fine burning house image

Go back to pol. Nothing is on fire, except maybe america.

Weekly terror attacks don't seem right to me, but what do I know

Dude, the death toll and wounded from that latest terror attack are less than one days toll for 2 US cities - every single day.

And almost all of those deaths are negroes and other trash killing eachother over drug deals etc. It's not just random teens being gunned down or stabbed on the street.

That's really nice, but doesn't take anything away from little girls and innocent pedestrians being mowed down and blown up weekly.

I am pretty sure he's talking about cager carnage, not gun violence

Or did I miss something about the recent attacks? Did they use firearms? I thought it was murdercages
>select all squares containing cars until there are none left
If only it was that easy :(

>t. """guy""" who wears spandex

It's ok to be turned on by my ass, user-kun.

Just part of living in a big city, man. You know, like Seoul or Prague.

Prague has monthly terrorist attacks?

>hey things just keep getting worse and worse in Europe but it doesn't matter because some other area of the world is also shitty

If your house started flooding, would you say it doesn't matter because some people live on the streets?

It was sarcasm. Mocking this guy.

www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/a7322846.html

>London mayor
I still laugh every time.

Here in NYC we had a bunch of people murdered by a drunk cager a couple of weeks ago.

I think it is perfectly rational to be concerned about cage violence. The answer is clear: ban them.

I'm OP. In the end I went to barbecoa at Piccadilly and had some Chinese and pasta stuff from soho

barbecoa.com/locations/piccadilly/menu

You're not OP you filthy fuck!

You are not me. :) Read the OP, I'm not even there yet. I'm GOING.

Is Piccadilly cool to check out? I always wanted to see it during Christmas time...

Just make them harder to obtain.

>Is Piccadilly cool to check out? I always wanted to see it during Christmas time...

The Advert TV banners are being modernised at the moment so its not quite the same, but I'm sure its still cool. Central london is easy to commute around so if you think it might be worth a visit you should go.

Sounds good! Thanks.

People are perfectly content to let cagers murder people yearly at a rate far higher than the death toll of all US personnel in the Vietnam war. Hell, they fudge license tests so alzheimers riddled oldfucks can still drive. How often do you hear about some 80 year old vegetable cager slamming into a public area? Every. Fucking. Day.

I'm a cyclist but I'm not such a faggot to use words like "cagers" when referring to cars, and I literally take it in the ass.

It is amazing when you put automotive deaths in context with other things we fear, but this is a psychological war more than anything else. Expecting an economy based on people driving to work and trucking to just stop is ridiculous, I'm hoping that self-driving cars make things a lot safer. I fear that will be a long time though.