Jail/Prison Food

Do other jails in the world make their inmates eat garbage like this or is it purely another American innovation?

Any former inmates here wanna talk about the shit they ate and bought from commissary?

youtube.com/watch?v=0AN1VkClpc8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZfvQf8-uwlo
youtube.com/watch?v=ItAzJD0o9NQ
youtube.com/watch?v=xfX-h54h2OI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They don't make you eat spread. You eat it because it's a change from the normal garbage

I would try it seems pretty good desu.

The jails guys seemed super chill too.

>top ramen pack
>add water to pack
>wait for some time
>eat it

you can also put it into a tortilla

Only time i was ever in jail was the drunk tank for the night. They served us those jimmy dean microwavable sausage and biscuts for breakfast.

I was in jail, and it was the same stuff you get at a high school cafeteria. In fact, they have to meet the same food standards. Of course, the prisoners make the food, so Jose who was selling crack to your mom last night is in charge, but there's not that much they can fuck up.

Inmates should eat nothing but primate chow.

But primate chow might be too good.

Just give them a dried kibble of corn and wheat gluten sprayed with vitamins.

They should give them minimal protein, there's too many buff jail dudes putting skinny white me to shame.
Of course, this goes for non-jail lifters too.

All inmates get is shit loaded with salt. Then the prison spends tons of money on them dealing high blood pressure.

In the US, there is a particular kind of grotesque loaf that is composed of a bunch of junk that is technically edible but tastes awful together and they use that as a punishment for bad behavior. I forget what the loaf is called. But yes, if they could serve inmates literal garbage I'm sure they would.

Nutraloaf.

But I think it looks kinda good. It's like pemmican.

thanks for posting this
i was entertained
have a good saturday

You talking about meatloaf? Meatloaf is delicious.

Holy shit what an edgelord

They're probably jacked because they don't drink several gallons of beer and have a hella restricted diet. I bet if any of you fat shits went to jail you'd look a lot better after a few years on a prison diet

My friend has been in Illinois prison since 1995, he tells me about the food

It's mostly the cheapest lowest quality food that can be bought in bulk. Ground turkey-soy and sausage. Lots of beans, bread and instant or scalloped potatoes. No pork or beef. No pork because Muslims and no beef because its more expensive and gets stolen by guards and inmates.

For veggies he gets plain lettuce, carrots, corn, peas and collard greens. Dessert is usually 2 prepackaged cookies or cake. Applesauce is very common.

>No pork because muslims
They cant just fucking decline and eat more beans or something?

He said rather than serve them an alternative, no pork at all.

yeah but that'd be like serving no animal product at all because of vegan inmates
It's their problem to figure out, not the states

The turkey soy he described as turkey scraps ground together with soy meal into a kibble like dried dog food.
It comes in huge bags and gets dumped into giant kettles to be boiled and made into patties, stew, sloppy joes, tacos, breakfast gravy,sausage, all kinds of shit.

LOL. Try being a prisoner in Thailand. You'll starve to death if your family doesn't bribe the guards to give you real food. And I don't mean "because the cafeteria food is gross", I mean because they won't give you anything other than a couple of cups of cooked rice with some grease on it per day.

stop bumping old threads you penis wrinkle

WTF, now I hate Thailand

No it's more like the last two nights dinner frozen and blended up with shitty crackers.

Actually it's really easy to get fat in jail as it's usually carb heavy starchy shit, if you don't exercise you will get pudgy.

And they fuck the pudgy dudes.

So basically it's you exercise or get cornholed

Inmates do hunger strikes all the time, and it's their fucking job to keep you alive so they continue to make money. They cave to religious reason shit all the time.

>My friend has been in Illinois prison since 1995
Murder? Thats a long sentence.

Yeah, he was only 18 and about to get busted for writing bad checks, so he shot his accomplice and cut of his head. He's doin life.

Somehow I think getting busted for check fraud would be a better alternative to murder and decapitation, but then I'm not a felon so I wouldn't know first hand

Are you saying I could get high school coffee cake in prison?

If Criminals had the gift of foresight there wouldn't be so many of them locked up.

That looks gross m8

He would of gotten away with it if he hadn't kept the head in his fridge.

I ate a lot of ass in prison

The food is shit and they give you very little.

If yoy can get a job in the kitchen. One time whe. I was in jail I got a job making food for the officers, so I got to eat what theu ate.

Stuff on commissary that was good was of course ramen, chips, honey buns and peanut butter. Since I worked in th kitchen I would save my money for other shit like shirts, socks, paper pencils, soap toothpaste and deoderant.

>Money
Are you talking having/spending your real money in prison or a reward system currency like Richardson's Riches (my third grade in-class currency for prizes out of the prize bucket)?

Nutraloaf
youtu.be/ZfvQf8-uwlo

Either someone puts money on your books or some jails, like the one I was in, would pay you to work. I earned $2 a day. You can use this money to buy items off of commissary.

Yes this shit pay, but having a job helped pass the time and like I said working in thr kitchen I ate a lot better than everyone else. Other jobs included laundry, cutting hair and cleaning the jail.

Some people in the kitchen would smuggle food back to the block and trade it. The laundry guys would clean other inmates clothing in trade for food or other items.

im sure its just easier to fully omit it, takes away worry of accidental consumption or cross contamination id guess

Had a friend make spread for us when he got out of prison, he brought it to a potluck. It was my favorite dish of the night.

That would be cruel and unusual punishment in America you arnt allowed to do that

Lot of criminals on Veeky Forums it seems. Question: Are you forced to work in prisons? If so, how much of your day is spent doing it?

I have never been in prison, only county jails. I belive in some prisons you have to work but we were given a choice. I was AM kitchen and i worked 7-8 hours monday through friday, then work a double on saturday and off sunday. We worked a double so the other shift could have a day off and we were paid $4 that day. The double shift was 12 hours i think.

Every jail is different, some don't pay inmates. Prisons pay a lot more though from what I understand.

Yeah, you get a small slice of cake sometimes. I was only in jail though, not prison.

my neighbor and brother in law were in Fed for bank robbery, and they worked in the kitchen. they had food brought in that was 2 years out of date from tyson and perdue. there was insects in the grain and breakfast foods.

the comissary was fresh stuff that was still 2nd or 3rd quality on the street. even the stuff in the vending machines in visitation was fucking foul and that was name brand stuff. the hot pockets tasted sour and gamey.

with jelly, or syrup?

youtube.com/watch?v=ItAzJD0o9NQ

Test levels go up in jail studies show

>Do other jails in the world make their inmates eat garbage like this or is it purely another American innovation?
they dont make them eat anything
pic related is their regular meals
the commissary is to supplement their diet with snacks they might want
its just uppity niggers who are used to eating fried chicken for every meal who complain about prison food

Shit, that seems like a much better menu than what most schools offer.

>aw mang dis white ppls food
>where da collard greens and chitlins at

I should beat you to death

youtube.com/watch?v=xfX-h54h2OI

You saved a life tonight. Treat yourself. Eat that high calorie take-out you've been fighting. It's on me this time

>I belive in some prisons you have to work but we were given a choice
Probation detention centers treat you like you're military and it's absolutely not a choice. Also not technically prison.

>Test levels go up in jail studies show
Wow being constantly around the same gender makes you more like that gender. Explained why the women were such vile, manipulative cunts on Orange is the New Black.

That is absolutely not accurate for most of the south. Even in the richest county of the most fastest growing state in the southeast.

I love emmy too. I'd sniff her butthole any day.

I spent a week in jail. the food was pretty shit. breakfast was ok since it was just an apple or a banana, but everything else sucked. any "meat" you got was at least 50% filler, and everything was mushy since the only utensil you were given was a rubber spoon. I was in for thanksgiving so I was surprised to actually get mashed potato and a slice of turkey, even if it was lunchmeat tier. I got chips for lunch one day, but it was this brand.

I only had one meal in an overnight stay. It was breakfast. They served generic rice crispies with 2% milk and 2 slices of what was supposed to be buttered toast but really was more like steamed, chewy bread food

this sounds like a episode of a crime tv show

You know that show is fake, right?

I'm sure jail is terrifying, but damn, I wouldn't mind eating like that at all.

I love how they kind of give up for Saturday's dinner.

>uuhhhh, a PB&J with chips.

completely unrelated

They let prisoners make food for the officers? Are they retarded?

do americans really eat that?

i only have a superficial knowledge of it, but inmates in texas keep gardens and raise hogs (fed with kitchen slop from prisons) and chickens for eggs. obviously it can't feed all of them but it keeps them working and i'm sure it offsets at least some of the costs.

Ex-con here, it's that or shitty nutraloaf.