Buffalo Wings

I keep reading articles about places like Applebee's, TGI Fridays, and in particular, Buffalo Wild Wings facing hardships and having a bleak future. I don't really give a shit about the other places, but I don't want to live in a world without B-Dubs.

How does everyone else feel about this? Do the recent board changes promise any hope for B-Dubs? Will this trend keep going and eventually kill the chain? Does anyone else here even give a fuck?

I rarely post on this board, every store has a different experience, and my favorite food in the world is buffalo wings. Bear all these things in mind please before dumping on me.

Also wings thread. Post the best wings you've ever had here, even if you made them yourself.

Other urls found in this thread:

order.wingstop.com/vendor/search?StreetAddress=tampa florida&search=Search
youtube.com/watch?v=Mjrt_f1cbx0
youtube.com/watch?v=jSh6VJYRV-g
smokeybones.com/locations/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fast food is pretty shitty, but B Dubs is nothing but overpriced wings. The only reason to go is if none of your friends have Direct TV on gameday.

>going anywhere but wingstop

B-dubs has a terrible and over-priced menu. The future failure of b-dubs was clear when McDonalds spent hundreds of millions of dollars to roll out wings nationwide that nobody bought.

I mean I only go on Tuesdays, but I've been like... everywhere that serves wings. Even places that don't sell themselves on wings. Maybe you'll say my taste is shit, but frankly B-Dubs has the best wings I've ever had. I mean the whole package. The sauce, the fact that the chicken is always moist and the wings are good sized.

Of course my store is in the Tampa, Florida area, and like I said, different stores can mean different experiences.

I've yet to try this but I've heard people rave about it. I don't think there's one anywhere near me, is the problem.

You fucking reek of corporate.

sage and fuck off

They'd probably have better business if it wasn't so expensive. That little basket in your pic is probably $20 there.

Here's your (You)

Like I said, I only go on Tuesdays so I don't know. I can usually get 20 wings for about 10 bucks. 50 cents per wing doesn't sound like a bad deal to me, and I'm usually hesitant to get wings when the price hovers close to a dollar per wing, so I probably wouldn't go into B-Dubs any other day of the week.

No need to be an ass. Hasn't hit shill level yet.

Frankly OP I don't doubt you've tried "so many places" but I think you should probably keep trying to find a place that has better wings. Or at least a close second in case BWW does go under in the future.

order.wingstop.com/vendor/search?StreetAddress=tampa florida&search=Search

Here ya go senpai

if I hear one more person call it B dubs im going to scream

wub wubbs

Beeh Dubbz

Well fuck me, I'll have to give this a try.

The places I've had wings over the course of my life is too long to list, but I can try to throw out a few.

Wing House, Hooters, Beef O Brady's, Chili's, Applebee's, B-Dubs, TGI Fridays, Pizza Hut's wing brand, Olde Town Pizzeria, Bubba Q's, Ruby Tuesday's, Publix, Whistle Junction, The Landing, Mission BBQ, Sonny's, more dive bars than I'm willing to admit, KFC, Zaxby's, Salem's, Nick's Pizzeria, Duke's Brewhouse, Miller's Ale House, Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza...

The list goes on, and yes, they're mostly "chain" places. Am I destined to hunt for obscure or humble places to find the perfect wing?

S-sorry senpai

I like wings and when BWW first opened here it was awesome, I went once a week, there were two servers who knew me well enough to place my drink order the minute I walked in and I always asked to be sat in their area. But once they'd been there for a bit the quality started to tank, so now I don't go. Same thing for most of the wings places in my area. They're just kinda shitty and grungy.

Flying Saucer makes the best wings, though. Perfectly crispy.

OP here, where pray tell is this Flying Saucer?

Wings Over is alright. Wings are kind of a meme food anyway.

Okay, I'll bite. Meme food?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean by that, but there is no other food I would rather have than wings. And I'll eat a WIDE variety of foods, like I'm always willing to try a new dish or a new recipe or a new food place, but wings are always at the top of my list. How can a food one loves so much be written off so callously? :(

>How can a food one loves so much be written off so callously?

They are dumb person food.

What I mean is that 99% of wings are overfpriced pieces of crap that people eat with beer because they're willing to settle for less. Some wings are great, especially homemade ones with a lot of care put into them. Even worse than wings are tendies. Just low grade meat with shit slathered on it. I'd much rather have some good barbeque.

I think the thing that bothers me the most about wings is knowing that I'm paying so much for so little. 6 bucks for 6 wings (if you're lucky) when you can get a whole chicken for about the same price is a ripoff. I guess the same is true of a lot of restaurants. I guess the heart of the issue for me is that I don't mind paying a lot for something that's high quality, and I don't mind paying a couple bucks for something crappy, but I don't like shelling out 15-20 dollars for a very mediocre meal.

bee dubble-you threes

B-Dubs has priced themselves out of relevance for me. I know that all restaurants are having to increase prices, but JESUS. I wouldn't have been able to eat if it hadn't been half-price Tuesdays last time!

My rule of thumb is if they're not on the bone, they're not worth bothering with. 90% of the time if it's "boneless" or like you said, some sort of "tender" it'll be pressed bullshit. Even if it's just meat stripped off the bone and then breaded, the breading kills it for me.

I love wings but I get what you're saying, which is probably why I find myself in this dilemma in the first place: No one who prepares wings seems to actually give a shit how they turn out, and so I look for a place that sells themselves on the wings (or at least pretends to with their name, can't speak highly of Wing House).

For that reason I'll have to try Wing Stop, but been doing some searching for little places around the Tampa area and found such places for my to-try list as The Wing King, Wings & Buckets, RJ Wings N Things, etc.

I guess the real problem they're facing is that exact problem: There's not much motivation to go in there any day other than Tuesdays, but they have to open their doors 7 days a week.

They need to find some sort of incentive, be it pricing changes or promos, or something related to the actual FOOD (and not gimmicks like having over 9000 TVs on sports channels) to get people in the other 6 days.

They have nice flavors but nothing spicy enough for me and the chicken isn't really consistent. That said, B-dubs usually has the one mutant wing in every fucking basket from a chicken that probably has the genetics that give corgis their stumpy limbs.

OP here, worth trying at least?

>Six dollars for a whole chicken

Lmao do you shop?

costco has a $5 rotisserie chicken
I go to a grocery store that has similarly priced rotisserie chicken (bit more expensive). I also know I can get various cuts for something like ~$1/lb after specials. What's your point?

I have a mission to seek out wing places now. Just thinking about it is making me hungry.

Honestly, the smoky garlic wings from Pizza Hut are my favorite. Buffalo Wild Wings is good but way overpriced.

my favorite reviewbrah vid is when he can't handle hot wings

youtube.com/watch?v=Mjrt_f1cbx0

Someone say buffalo wings?

those are the most unnecessary shallots i've ever seen

I don't know which name triggers me more, 'b-dubz' or 'Maccas'

>Wingstop

Must suck to be in bum fuck nowhere.

ATL - All The Luv
Great flavors, great variety.
Ballpark Pizza & Sub
Hottest wings ive ever had. BWW hot is fucking nothing compared to the Hall of Flame.

'Za Hut

That ones not real.

OP here. I can handle hot and I always bring myself to give the Blazin' wings a try every so often, and after I stop eating them, they finally catch up to me and kick my ass. The problem is, I've also been to places that boast "the hottest wings" and they're hot as fuck but the sauce tastes watery or flavorless.

I want a wing that isn't hot for hot's sake. I want a wing that's flavorful, and if it's hot AND flavorful, bonus points. My mainstay sauce (that I get with a couple of the other sauces on some of the wings just to mix things up) at B-Dubs is Wild, because it's just the right amount of heat and flavor.

I do not care since I can just make my own wings. It's not hard at all and it's a lot cheaper.

The Wing Cafe is the best place in my area aside from this bbq place that has awesome smoked wings but they don't have any variety. They used to be part of the Wild Wings franchise until there was some disagreement and they left to become independently owned. Their garlic parmesan wings are the best wings I've ever had. I also only go on BOGO Tuesday's. $1.20 wings can't be justified even if they are really good.

How do you cook your wings, friend? The problem I have is I just can't get that deep fried goodness without some workaround method, like pan-frying or (god forbid) baking them. Don't get me wrong, baked chicken can be good, but for wings it always tastes... wrong.

I'm hesitant to go out and get a deep fryer, but I know that's the obvious answer to my dilemma.

Check these out OP. I love this lady.

youtube.com/watch?v=jSh6VJYRV-g

Oh shit, I forgot to mention that there's a BBQ place that does mean smoked wings. Smokey Bones. Ah, you can get them fried too, but their fried variant kind of sucks. If I want smoked wings again though, I'm sure as shit going there again, especially since they have all you can eat wings for $12 after 9pm (they close at like 2am or some shit) there. Not bullshit caveat all you can eat wings, like I actually went there on an empty stomach and tested that. I got somewhere around like 30 wings in me for only 12 bucks. I was a happy man that day.

buffalo wild wings is overpriced bullshit

i can go to walmart's deli and get twice the amount of the same wings for half the price. just can't get the meme sauces

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK SON

I want this lady to make me some chicken.

I forgot to mention in my last that I've had Walmart's wings too. I didn't think it beared mentioning, but they were not worthy of mention. If you just want any old wing though, I guess they fill the square. Not that I'm arguing with your assessment of B-Dubs prices. Everyone else seems to be saying the same thing, so I guess if it's not Tuesday, their prices objectively suck.

Their thai sauce is really good though. Overall it's a pretty crappy restaurant but I like that sauce.

Damn I might have to hunt down a Smoky Bones. Even if the wings aren't that great I bet I could get my money's worth. I wouldn't even have to feel too bad about eating a mountain of wings if they were smoked.

You can rotate the sauces you get on each batch (5 wings) they bring out, too, so if you've got a big belly you can try every one of their BBQ house sauces on them. Definitely a good deal, so long as you're a late and big eater.

smokeybones.com/locations/

All in FL, so if you don't live in the state... SOL.

What's a good threshold to divide wing prices? People throw around "overpriced" and "good deal" in this thread, but what's the price point at which a wing is overpriced? Under which point it's a good deal?

Just curious.

t. BWW marketing team

I won't miss BDubs at all, too many good local wing places to ever eat there

Can you quit being a knee-jerk samefagging nigger and answer a legitimate question? What are you, a fucking hipster? Or do you legitimately not have any actual standards by which to measure "value?" and so you've been blindsided by the question?

Humor me. You must have a point at which you'll draw a line about how much you're willing to pay for a good or service. Or is your purpose to be the least contributing member on this board?

>inb4 triggered, salt, etc etc le maymay

kys and take your shitty wings with you

Answer the question, nigger.

Feels bad, man. Their half-priced Tuesday is half the reason I even get up in the morning.

>strikes down one point of a post with multiple points
>smugpepe.jpg

ignore contrarian fuckheads, user. I personally don't feel like bone-in wings are worth a penny more than 70 cents apiece.

wings are literally a garbage part of a chicken

gizzards
livers
wings

>objectively wrong

Meat is meat, user. Organs are trash, muscle matter is always of value. Especially white meat. I could argue that dark meat is trash and say throw our legs and thighs, cuz I said so.

not yet

How do you get juicy fried chicken if you cook it for 20 minutes like that?

Korean magic.

brine

seconded, though I'm a pretty cheap person in general so w/e

motherfuck I want wings now after seeing those pics

I'm in SC and I'd consider it a rip off to buy a whole, raw chicken for anything over $8 and they average around $6.50-$7. Cooked rotisserie whole chickens are even less, around $5 which I don't understand since they cooked and seasoned them for you.

>rotisserie chicken cheaper than fresh

They use it as a "loss leader" to get people in the store because they know they'll be buying more than the chicken.

Interesting. Thank you. Makes a lot of sense, really.

>go into costco on Friday evening around 6 pm
>pick up a rotisserie chicken and immediately walk to the checkout
>see another guy in his mid 20s standing in line with only a rotisserie chicken
>give him an understanding nod
>a third long guy in his 20s comes up holding only a rotisserie chicken
>we all stare at one another for 15 uninterrupted seconds

it was a strange moment

Some damn good chicken for a Friday evening alone. I like to make sandwiches with the leftovers the next day.

These are the wings I had in LA. They were really just chicken nuggets with some kind of sweet, buffalo sauce. I wasn't impressed, the wings are better in Europe.

you went to fucking chilis you idiot
nothing there is good

>idiot
Maybe but all the food there was pretty poor.

it's also just to save money on whole chickens that don't sell. When it's getting close to expiring they do this just to make a little money instead of throwing it away. Sam reason you get cooked ribs so cheap compared to raw and cheap fruit and veggie trays

One of the stores I go to also has rotisserie pork loin. It comes out dripping juices all over and is so amazing. It makes me want to buy my own counter top rotisserie but I don't know if it would have the same result.

>be a kid from a poor family in the 80's
>mom makes wings covered in various sauces several times weekly because wings are cheap
>small bites of meat with tendon and gristle
>probably one of the worst parts of the chicken next to heads and feet
>30 years later retards are paying $1 each for this shit

I just go with thighs and legs now but even those are like gold at restaurants for some reason. Spinx (gas station) has good fried chicken but they charge extra for dark meat now. Years ago, dark meat was always discounted and breasts were the big thing.

>In my day a whole chicken cost a quarter and they would throw in the wings for free

Tell me about the time sliders were a nickel a piece Grandpa

most fucking definitely fucking well fuck right fucking off m8

Wings are part of a whole chicken so they'd be included in the price.

>Post the best wings you've ever had here
we have a shitty chain around here called buddy's bbq
they have smoked wings that they fry off at the last second and sprinkle with dry rub and they are better than anywhere else, I tell you what

>50c wing tuesdays!
>now 55c!
>now 65c!
>now 70c!
>also, 75c per dip faggot, no free handouts
>$4.50 for 11 fries
>also, on non-Tuesday you pay $13 plus tax and tip for 10 hungry skelly wings and NO free sauce, commie

O-ok

Nah they aren't all in fl there's one up here in albany ny and I'm sure elsewhere too

Are spiedies a thing in Albany or just Binghamton?

Not around here although I hear they're popular in central ny as well

Yeah but it tastes fucking disgusting and rubbery

kys sperg

>Atomic isn't spicy enough

That shit is basically inedible due to the spice and if you can't find it spicy enough you're what wrong with the wing restaurant industry

You like BWW? Don't ask someone who works BOH how often they change/wash the sauce buckets; you'll never want to eat there again.

I wanna fuck her so bad

>Only cooked food goes in
>Constant use throughout the day with new sauce going in
So long as its even once a day its almost certainly fine. A lot of those FCC guidelines are written so that children 3 and under, seniors older than 65, and people with AIDS can safely consume the food.

FDA obviously

B-dubs is the only non-sports-bar that shows all the UFC ppv events. I really they don't go out of business

Going to 7/11 right now cause wings. 10 for $5 wish me luck bros.

You don't have to justify your poor sanitary practices to me; I haven't eaten at that shithole since high school. No, the only people you have to justify your laziness to are yourself, the health inspector, and God.

Best wings I ever had were at some podunk pizza place. The bdubs in my city is absolute 100% garbage. It always takes >30 minutes to get fried food out, the servers are hand selected retards, and the manager is nowhere to be seen.