MSG?

Is it as shitty and toxic to your body as the mainstream media says, or are they bullshitting?

Also the pic is unrelated.

its clearly related

No it's fine. It gives the taste of umami it's just a type of salt

not unless you're eating spoonfuls of the stuff for some reason

It's bullshit. Even the damn wikipedia page on MSG states there's no correlation.

Considering it occurs naturally on seaweed and the fact it's basically just a salt...youll be fine in moderation...its literally no more dangerous than salt

Thanks guys. Now I can eat ramen worry free, as people on the Intardnets told me so

>as the mainstream media says
[Citation needed]

Chinese restaurant syndrome has been thoroughly debunked. No one is spreading that nonsense in the current year.

tomatoes too.

Yeah, nowadays gluten is whats killing all our men, raping our women and corrupting our youth

>Wikipedia
Yeah the one that MSG merchants edit in their favor

Metal Gear???

>Yeah, nowadays gluten is whats killing all our men, raping our women and corrupting our youth
Are you confusing soccermom facebook posts for MSM?
For all the shit MSM gets a lot of it is people projecting "shit everyone says" on the MSM, with the mistaken belief that it must have originated there.

how about you actually google some research into it, rather than going from mainstream hyperbole to Veeky Forums's anonymous ignorance

literally racism
it has a bad reputation because it's used in asian foods

> everything involving whites and nonwhites is racism

Couldn't have possibly been people felt ill after eating Chinese food (I've had this though I think it was the oil) and blamed it on the scary sounding chemical.

fucking Big MSG at it again

According to wikipedia the guy who started the "Chinese restaurant syndrome" thing was Robert Ho Man Kwok.

>mainstream media
>ever telling you the truth about food
They don't care about delivering useful information, they care about creating sensationalist headlines to get ratings.They have absolutely no intention of telling you the truth.

No one said anything about whites. Why do you associate whites with racism?

It's fine, MSG is a health scare from people going to Chinese buffets and consuming 10 grams of salt by covering stir fried everything with tablespoons of soy sauce and then they don't feel well later

i'm a toxicologist

the whole "MSG kills brain cells" etc etc is from a study where a guy injected MSG directly into the skulls of mice. for the anons that don't know, injecting anything into your fucking skull, with very few exceptions, is going to have some kind of effect, and MSG being an excitotoxin, it will literally destroy your brain.

now, MSG when you inject it into your blood stream, and when you are just ingesting it are two completely different things. there are lots of things that, if you injected into your blood, you would die a painful death, but they are totally safe to eat.

the entire thing is from an asshole injecting it into mices blood stream and stupid media posts it over and over again. i can say this for literally thousands of things you eat. eating MSG is not dangerous, at all, and has never been shown to be.

we have studies where guys ate a L O T of MSG for months, and they had no effects.

Critique towards it may be justified since the food industry uses it to make LITERAL SHIT sellable and eatable, or causes people with no self-control to overeat. But I don't see why one shouldn't now and then refine a meal (e.g. fried noodle, clear soup) made of real nutritious food products, unless you belief the unproven claim that it's harmful for the brain. Though there might be something to it since excessiveness of something is mostly bad and glutamic acid plays a big role in the brain. Oh yes, also it might make people depend on it and then find unflavoured meals dull tasting, or go full addict and like, put it even into their scrambled eggs for breakfast

It's a fucking amino acid with a sodium ion attached to it, there is literally nothing wrong with it.
It's a salt like table salt so yeah it follows that if you eat a soy sauce, salt and msg rich meal at a chinese place, you might feel thirsty or have headaches
There is 0 conclusive evidence to suggest that the amount of msg you might consume in a meal has any harmful effects.

Because that's what people are always bitching about and whites are the majority of the population so any general societal trend needs white people's participation to be relevant. Oh you were inferring it was blacks being racist against Asians? Bullshit, I'm not retarded.

>mainstream media
At this point you can rest easy knowing everything that any media outlet has ever said is a complete lie.

This is why I go to Panda Express, only at Panda Express can I get authentic Chinese food with quality ingredients for a price that is right. The best part is I can be a easy knowing that there is no MSG that causes*** CANCER***! That's why I am heading to Panda Express today!
It's marketing bullshit to promote "healthy" shit because they have some research paper from some backshed scientist who told them he would write whatever they tell him to. Same shit as GMO WILL GIB YOU CANCER!!!!

It's no worse than salt. I used to be super anti-MSG until I actually did my research. I used to associate the full body sick feeling that I'd get after eating Chinese with MSG, but it turns out that that has nothing to do with MSG and a lot to do with how the food is cooked.

It's fuckin salt dude

It's a fucking amino acid. It's equivalent to glucose in toxicity, i.e., nil.

man boobs arwn't
>dqngerous
but I still won't go ahoving my face into a soy field ro go fet a pair.

Yes.

MSG is one of the most inert seasonings after table salt. When it goes in your stomach, it becomes just more glutamic acid which is also formed in your stomach when you eat literally any food with protein in it.

You're more likely to get sick from eating too much herbs. Lots of herbs contain chemicals that are actually toxic at high levels.

I worked in a wok restaurant. Recipe for ALL the sauce was basically 1/3 salt, 2/3 MSG.
Every. Fucking. Time.

Also, ever been to a foodcourt in Singapore? MSG everywhere.

Uhh are you ok man?

Apparently msg killed his fucking brain

Why do these threads reappear as soon as the last one falls off the board?

Isn't everything toxic at high levels? That's what makes it a high level.