What's your veiw on sandwiches?

Radical Sandwich Anarchist

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/video/archive/2014/09/what-is-a-sandwich-no-seriously-though/465114/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I agree that a sub is a sandwich, and I think ice cream between waffles is a sandwich. But I think an ice cream taco is nothing short of heresy.

True neutral

anything in the left column is a sandwich, the wrap may be disqualified depending on if it's a corn based "bread"

If a sub is a sandwich and ice cream between waffles is a sandwich, then the ice cream taco must be a sandwich.

I eat the stuff between the sandwich bread and discard the breads.

I think that is the best way.

a piece of fried chicken is a sandwich. breading on the outside, meat filling on the inside

Structural Purist/Ingredient Rebel is literally the only correct answer

I like to eat everything separately and make the sandwich in my mouth

OP is that a picture for ants?
All of those are sandwiches except for the poptart.

a poptart is a sandwich

Who the fuck made this bullshit chart? BLTs and Subs are both sandwiches.

I'm suddenly craving a chip butty wrapped in tortilla

That's what the chart is implying too you fucking retard

Neutral Good

True neutral

Prove this wrong
>Protip: You LITERALLY can't

this

Structural neutral, ingredient rebel is the obvious answer. Wikipedia agrees.

Words have meanings, because they're used to communicate. If you decide that anything is a sandwich, then saying something is a sandwich no longer communicates anything, which means the word is meaningless. Which is why the upper left triangle is the only thing which can mean "sandwich." Once you start reaching down into Structure Rebel, Ingredient Rebel, or combining Ingredient and Structure Neutrality, you're no longer interested in communication, you just want to ruin a perfectly useful word for the sake of internet points.

SPIR can play too as long as you add a word to distinguish it, like "ice cream sandwich" or "waffle sandwich."

True neutral.

What is the definition of sandwich than? There is no good definition is the point.
>Internet points
What site are you on?

And where the fuck do you see a triangle?

I think he's a structural rebel on the triangle alignment scale

What is the alignment trialgle?

Just reporting in that cereal is a soup.

That is all.

Sandwiches consists of two pieces of bread or one split piece of bread, between/inside of which ingredients have been sandwiched - that is, placed on one piece or half of the bread, and held in place by the other. Furthermore, for the food to be called a sandwich without further elaboration, the ingredients need to be savory; any non-savory sandwiches must be prefixed with a description.

That fits everything in in the triangle including SPIP, SNIP, and SPIN, and allows for SPIR to use the term without being confusing. On the other hand, it excludes SNIN and similar foods, which are not in fact sandwiches, because calling them sandwiches serves no purpose but to be confusing.

And if you think people on Veeky Forums aren't competing for internet points, you're not familiar with Veeky Forums. Just because nobody can see them doesn't mean people aren't trying to win them.

Hotdogs and hamburgers fit that definition. Tortillas are bread. Is an open faced sandwich a sandwich?

>Is an open faced sandwich a sandwich?
no it's a pizza

When you fold a slice of pizza in half does it become a sanwich?

Is orange juice soup if you get the kind with pulp

Does soup have to be hot? Can we define soup as hot?

Hamburgers meet that definition. Hot dogs do not, because they're misaligned - the food is nestled into the middle of the bread with the opening on the top. Therefore it isn't sandwiched. Anything made with a tortilla also doesn't, because the food is either wrapped up or is nestled like a hot dog. The fact that you can misalign them is irrelevant - they're designed for a different form of consumption.

Lastly, an open faced sandwich isn't a sandwich; that's why you have to say "open faced." You know it's not an accurate description if you omit that term.

First, just because you eat something wrong doesn't change the kind of food it is. I might eat a steak or a bowl of soup with my bare hands, like some kind of animal, but that doesn't make either finger food. Second, it's misaligned - you're holding it like a taco. That doesn't make it a taco, either, because of point one.

Also, the fact that both of you have to strain to provide counterexamples like this is just further evidence that you don't really care about communicating, you just want to be right for the internet points.

Hot dogs arent sandwiches

Everyone who isn't a smirking asshole looking for the chance to "well ackshually" someone knows.

Gazpacho

I don't care about shit this petty, but I care enough to let you know I don't care.

Go back to Russia.

Retard.

Gazpacho is Spanish you colossal mong.
Why are you here?

The point isn't to prove I'm right about anything. It's an interesting discussion because it points out that people can believe they know what something is while not being able to define it. Hotdogs and subs have the same shape and are eaten the same way. Folding the pizza isn't Changing the way you eat it, you're simply assembling a sandwich out of pizza. Same thing if you put an upside down pizza on top of a right side up pizza. You assembled a sandwich out of pizza. So maybe with a wrap it could be said that it's not qualified because it completely covers the ingredients, leaving none exposed. That removes pop tarts too. But it leaves lasagna open to being a sandwich.

I like this

Quesadillas

theatlantic.com/video/archive/2014/09/what-is-a-sandwich-no-seriously-though/465114/