Electric stoves > gas stoves

Electric stoves > gas stoves

Other urls found in this thread:

chowhound.com/post/induction-cooking-energy-efficient-dept-energy-1019044?page=2
youtube.com/watch?v=Zw4Uo-ZUPL0
youtube.com/watch?v=b_ZwK0Wl-_Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nope

>said nobody ever

what if you want to use a wok?

I used to have gas but after moving to a new place it only had an electric stove. I kinda miss the gas stove, things got hot much faster.

>things got hot much faster.
That's like the exact opposite of what really happens.
Electric stoves are so much faster.

Gas > Coil electric > flat top electric that sucks with cast iron & looks better but functional useless

Gas + stainless steel master race

Yessir. Recently got rid of an electric range and ran CSST before having this delivered

I keep hearing that but I don't have any problems using my cast iron on my glass cooktop.

An electric range is a sure fire sign that no one in the house knows how to cook

I concur

afaik you just need to be more careful cause it's glass as opposed to all metal that can take the weight and force of a heavy cast iron pan being moved around

Coiled electric stoves are the shit after you learn how to cook on one. I can boil water in half the time i could on our old gas stove. I can also get pans absolutely searing hot with the electric coils. Not to mention using the coils is somewhat similar to cooking on cast iron. You maintain heat much better. And i've used a wok on it many times with no issues.

> I can boil water in half the time i could on our old gas stove
explain

Yea I don't follow that logic either. Coiled is far better than the flat tops, but not better than gas. The other benefit is gas is cheaper than the electricity it takes to fire up those massive power draws that are heating elements.

Source: guy who used a flat top range, had a coil electric range, and now has gas.

I am so glad I live in a city where we have electricity

Gas stoves are exclusively for people living in remote mountain caves

t.Veeky Forums

I wish my oven was gas, it's costing me a fucking fortune to heat the stupid thing up just to make meals for myself.

is induction the best?

It's cheaper and more responsive than electric, but I am salty that I can't use a wok or char a pepper. Gas is probably the best at cooking food, induction may beat it if you are worried about cost or eco footprint or something.

I hear that. Funny thing is I actually still use my electric toaster oven for smaller things or reheating. Even with the smaller secondary oven I feel like it's wasting more energy to heat up that whole space than being able to heat up electrically a single cubic foot of space. Plus it heats up almost instantly, no need to preheat.

my parents just got that and now I see them everywhere. the range of the future?

I wish but doubt It. I was genuinely surprised at how very little selection for gas ranges there were. At least in store on display. I guess, as mentioned above, electric flat tops are for people who can't cook, aren't worried about efficiency of heat transfer, and want easy cleanup

Yeah I've been strongly considering getting a toaster oven so I'm not heating up the entire oven to 400F for some fucking chicken nuggets.

are you me?

Yeah, this is why you see all those 5 star restaurants using the shit out of their electric stoves

gas stoves > electric stoves
electric ovens > gas ovens

Exactly. It works great for shit like that. Speaking of nuggies meijers has some honey tempura coated nugs that are delicious and cheap. Closest thing I could find to what McDonald's serves. Honestly I'm ashamed to be a cook and eat shit like that sometimes, but it makes for good drunk food. The heart wants what the heart wants I guess. Not sure if alcohol is a better vice than the usual smoking, but it is what it is.

electric induction > gas > electric coil >>>>>>>>> electric ceramic top

I buy Foster Farms breast nuggets for $5, 2lb bags. Best food when I want a snack late at night, just throw them in the oven and eat with desired sauce.

>mfw gas flames surround the cookware and heat more evenly
>mfw doesnt go out during a blackout

get a deep fryer instead

Induction cooktops directly heat the pan. Whereas gas cooktops waste a lot of heat to the surrounding air. Induction is a much more efficient use of stove input energy. A quick google will explain this in detail.

A non Chinese made induction cooktop with correct cookware is the fastest (in terms of pan heating times) and most precise method of cooking available.

I've got one of those multi use deals that can be used as a fryer but I just never do. Cleanup isn't worth it. Waiting for oil to cool and then storing it again. Purpose built friers get dirty so quickly and I don't want to leave the thing out on the countertop. If it wasn't for that I would totally cook more shit in the fryer, despite the fattening enhancement factor

> induction cooking is more efficient

It was once thought that was the case but it's actually not.

chowhound.com/post/induction-cooking-energy-efficient-dept-energy-1019044?page=2

As far as home stoves go, nothing gets pan hotter than induction.

I wish I had a gas stove but using a wok on electric is possible, it won't be as hot but you can still use it

pretty much yes, as long as your power settings in the low range are graded finely enough. My shitty portable induction top has just 400, 800 and 1000W, that is not low enough and not nearly finely graded enough

this

Getting those pans nice and hot

Gas/French Top>Induction>Electric

I mean duh.

Fuck induction. Gas is superior in all regards, except for ease of cleaning.

-more powerful
-instant source of flame for flambeing, stir-fry, etc.
-works with any shape of cookware
-works with any cookware material
-easy to see the heat level with a quick glance
-functions perfectly even when there is a power outage
-costs less per unit energy (on average)
-no annoying on-and-off when you move a pan
-maintains a more even simmer. Every induction top I've used alternates between "off" and "too fucking hot" when you try and cook at a very low heat.

are those single plug in induction tops any good?

Newer electric stoves are good.

Old ones made you wait 20 minutes to cook

Power goes out = no stove for electic. Gas you can still light with a lighter

Nothing that plugs into a normal wall outlet is any good for proper cooking. There's not enough power.

They're OK for low-power applications like keeping food warm or cooking things at a low simmer, but that's about it.

You can get by if you set the burner to the highest setting, and then moving the wok on and off the heat as needed to help adjust the temperature.

It works, but is a bigger pain in the ass.

Unlikely scenarios that literally won't ever matter.

you need a super stove for a proper restaurant tier wok anyways. doubt it'd be that different.

yes they are good. disregard everything said because they don't know what they're talking about

expect to pay around $100 for a decent one. read up the online reviews and find one that does a simmer well. cheap ones don't simmer properly so it's a good indication of quality

Have you ever used an electric stove top? Are you not aware that the heating elements go through short on/off cycles? Even on maximum heat, that element is going to shut off on you and your wok will cool well below what it needs to maintain.

Instant heat is ultimate

Wok's require massive heat. Even Marco Pierre White was intimidated by the intensity.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zw4Uo-ZUPL0

generic example of a real kitchen flame
youtube.com/watch?v=b_ZwK0Wl-_Q

MPW