Got some rum cause it seemed like a good summertime thing to get. Who's got something tasty I can do with pic related...

Got some rum cause it seemed like a good summertime thing to get. Who's got something tasty I can do with pic related? I bought it because OP is a faggot.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XFBUB-_XZSc
theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2012/08/bartending-stand-against-mojito/324952/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Blend it up with coconut cream, pineapple juice, and some purred bananas.

>De Gay
In all seriousness, just put it in a Glencairn and enjoy your sugarcane whiskey. If it needs to be in a cocktail or on the rocks to drink it, it's not worth buying.

put it in your coffee and then keep drinking and then miss work

Get it some friends. As Don the Beachcomber once said, what one rum can't do, three rums can

Return it and get a handle of Sailor Jerry's, the best spiced rum.

Big bucket of ice
A load of lemons
Neat rum with a lot of ice and lemon juice.

My mom got type 2 diabetes from drinking rum on the regular.

I'm kind of a pleb and always loved a rum and coke.

Gotta use the glass bottle mexicokes though.

Are you ready?

Shaken or stirred.
Spiced rum.
Iced tea/sweet tea.
Vanilla extract.
Maple syrup.

¾cup iced tea, ¼cup spiced rum, 1tbsp maple syrup, ¼ tsp vanilla extract in a tall glass.
You can add more rum if you wanna be drunker.

This stuff is pretty good and affordable. Their 12 year rum is really good, but this is only 20 bucks.

Also sailor jerry is always good. A lot of spices though just be prepared.

>Spiced rum
Are you a college freshman?

No need to be rude just because you cant appropriate the spices user

>all this sugar
rum fags are such fat pussies

As a cis-gendered white male, I'll appropriate whatever I damn well please. Nigger.

As somebody who likes rum, that cocktail seems terrible. I could imagine some women liking it, but that still just seems crazy sweet.

The only good thing to say about rum is that it isn't tequila.

Every spiced rum I've tried is low tier. I've had about 5-6 legit good sipping rums, and they're 2-3 better than Sailor Jerry's and Kraken, and 10 better than Captain.

I'd imagine there is actually a company that makes a good spiced rum, but I've never heard of it or seen it mentioned in any thread.

mojitos are good. Mixed with triple sec is good (preferably a decent one, not a $9), or just mix with various fruit juices.

kraken and the captain are one of the worst. Sailor jerry and cruzan spiced rums are the best in my opinion,

I have to agree that most of the mass produced spiced rums just aren't the best. If you want a god tier spiced rum you have to get rum and spice it yourself. My grandpa made some of the best spiced rum iv tasted which is why iv tried most spiced rums out there to see how they stand up.

Yeah that wouldn't be too hard. You'd let some nutmeg/allspice/etc. sit in the rum for a day or so? If it's decent or good rum, that would probably beat the shit out of the commercial stuff.

He actually had a small oak barrel that he would put the rum in, but he would put the spices in and let them sit for a month to 6 months in the barrel. I should really get his recipe so I could try it. Im not sure all the spices he used but it was honestly 5 times better then any commercial spiced rum.

Here's a great recipe:

>1 bottle rum
>1 12 pack of sprite or diet sprite
>take bottle of rum and throw in trash
>go back to liquor store and buy whiskey
>half whiskey, half sprite
>splash of orange juice if you're feeling it

What's the best mixer for rum?

I've got a 1/6th of a bottle of Lambs left and cannot stomach another sip of it neat.

Simple syrup.

Orange juice or pineapple juice. Or mix them all together so it will be tropical as hell.

I haven't tried this yet, but if it's very oaky, I guess just sip it or save it for your eggnog come Christmas. But, I used aged rich rums all the time in class cocktails, never white rum.

My favorite rum summer recipe rotation is:
1) Hemingway daiquiri: Pulpy grapefruit juice (yep, buy a bag, cut off peels, section and blend up the whole fruit, with a good squeeze of the pith), demerara sugar, opt. egg white powder, lime juice, and lots of ice in the blender. Park that glass blender in the freezer between your servings to keep it chilly. Go ahead and toss in your cherries into the frozen lusciousness with a dose of the juice. I like to use red grapefruit sometimes. This is my recipe. I've tweaked it for years, and sometimes you can get away with frozen grapefruit concentrate.
2) rum punch: kerns nectar, guava or passion fruit, pineapple juice concentrate, rum, ice. Mix your favorite juices, basically, and add a dose of lime to balance sweetness.
3) Banana daiquiri w/lime. Ripe bananas are mandatory, so you have to time that right. Again, you can cheat with frozen limeade which a nice bitterness from the peel included. I use calamondins from my tree, but I'm lucky like that. It's like a key lime with tangerine flavor.
4) Get your hands on some awesome ginger beer like from jamaica, Barrits or Reeds, or maybe something like Goslings or whatever they have in the latino section, and get your dark n stormy on. Get that ginger beer ice cold, and park your rum in the fridge too, for ultimate refreshment you want the tickly bubbles to pop on your tongue when the ginger bites you.

I toured the brewery in Barbados back in 1985 as a kid living in PR. Bonus, my family name is Gay. I've been happy to see it's getting respect. Pusser's is also top notch.

The (original owners), Ward Family, lived near me in Miami I guess before it all the shakeup of the board of directors before it was sold to Remy. Dad knew them somehow and was always gifted, so I grew up pouring the good stuff into the punch ;) Another family friend was prez of the caribbean sugargrowers assoc, and had some connections for gifts too!
My other favorite, probably a tie, is lesser known but very high quality Barbancourt (from Haiti). I grew up having that one often as well. Back in my day (LOL), you needed to be a frequent traveler to enjoy some of the small distillery rums from central america and the caribbean, but most if not all have to be sold to bigger distributors and freely available at places like Total Wine. You'd be sad to know that Mount Gay's distillery is a piddly 10 acres, and most of the sugar needed for any island rums are imported, save Barbancourt. Haitian workers actually farm both DR and Haitian rum sugarcane. Even scarier is how rums like Kraken are just artifically flavored rum distilled elsewhere and repackagaed as their own product. It's not that big of a deal, but the mystique around rums as some kind of miraculous craft like say, a good agave farm with their own distillery on site tequila, is a thing of the past, the romantic seafaring colonial island past :P The old families of most estate rums are safely ensconced in the USA or back in Europe, phew, and out of the murder capitals that are their homelands.

>trying this hard

Mojitos are nice. I'm drinking one with tequilla right now but you're really supposed to have rum in it.

Ice
1 part rum
1 part sugar/lime mixture
some mint
club soda to top it off

feelsgoodman kinda drink in the summer

Thats lit af senpai, kraken is pure meme trash, but the way most rums are aged now a days are completely messed up compared to how they do whiskey and other liquors.

I had this one cherry spiced rum that was pretty nice, can't remember the name, it was a shooter-size bottle and the brand has regular spiced rum in the same size

lemonade is a good one IMHO

mount gay is great if you dont want to spend a lot
old monk is great too
the rum made in india is also great
I always just chill the cheap spic cans of pineapple juice and just add it to a highball glass of a shot of rum.
good rum can be drank straight though. you can taste vanilla, nutmeg and molasass in good rum.

>1 part sugar/lime mixture
I love a mojito too, but I am confused by this description.

Supposed to be muddling (violently) that quartered lime so it makes it's own bitters, peel and all, with the abrasiveness of raw sugar a very long time, and then gently bruising that mint into your glass with that mixture, plus the ice. This is what makes a good mojito! Do it right and elevate yourself beyond the masses. Your choice to do sprite or soda.
I lived in Miami throughout the beginning and then proliferation of the Mojito trend. The right way is too much wear and tear on the shoulders and lengthy work for most bartenders, so the cheat modes started from bottled lime juice to sugar syrup. Muddling is third world. A good bar will have a fresh sugarcane swizzle stick in Miami.
These spaniards almost got it right, definitely using the unrefined sugar, mmhmm. I'd use more rum though, and dark rum.
youtube.com/watch?v=XFBUB-_XZSc
Now that the 1950s emigrated fleeing batista to castro transition cubans are all dying off, the newbies don't get corrected like they used to.
theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2012/08/bartending-stand-against-mojito/324952/

IM so DuRk ofF Of RuMM WRigHT noOW likE dAMn BRah, SaIlOr JerRy goT meE liT Luike A MUTA FUGGEr.

>Yee YYeE