>bulb garlic, chopped
>1 jalapeƱo, diced
>1 small red bell pepper, diced
>quart homemade vegetable stock
>can each chili/kidney beans

I don't measure spices so:
>lotta chili powder, cumin, pepper, dried oregano
>some salt, turmeric, dried thyme, cayenne

Browned seasoned beef, added veggies, then stock, simmered for an hour, added beans, still simmerin'.

no ketchup, no chili powders.

Oh shit, forgot the two diced Roma tomatoes and small can of tomato paste. Also: gonna serve over rice.

>ketchup
Do people really do this?

>bulb of garlic

3 cloves is plenty.

I really love garlic is all. Eat it raw often.

well at least crush it or mince it, or use a the paulie thin slice system with a razor so that it liquifies in the pan.

hows your chili end up tasting? from those ingredients I can't imagine much of a strong taste.

Seems good OP

Anyone else do corn in chili? I do for filler and ruffage. On top of the chili powder detox you're getting you clean your guts out big time.

>Beans cooked in the chili instead of offered on the side

DISQUALIFIED

>not letting delicious beans soak up chili flavors

>Overcooking already cooked beans so that they taste mildly of cumin flavored sand

Yuck

>texture autist

It looks kinda watery

5/10
I'm going to give you 3 deductions for asinine ingredients of no-clue-status.

Here's where you went wrong:
1) vegetable stock
This introduces the flavors of celery, carrot, beets, parsley, turnips and bay leaves or sage. Oh no no no.
2) thyme
WTF this isn't part of the recipe
3) turmeric
WTF again, who taught you that? Sounds like it came from some non-american like Ramsey.

Another deduction for minuscule amount of onion for that much meat, and another BIG no no was absolutely no tomatoes? Why? Are you allergic? Your stock should have been a can of tomatoes or puree. I would make these 4 changes, and if you want authentic leave out the jalapeno and red bell pepper, and replace with a poblano or just green pepper. Then, soak and whirl up several dried chilies like anchos, pasilla, california, and add that chili slurry in there. You don't need any stock if you properly brown the beef. That's your flavor. If you want to add in some mexican style homemade beef stock, minus all the French bouquet garni flavors, then fine. Get some gelatin from some roasted beef stock.

>americans don't put chilies in a dish that they retardedly call "chili"

I sometimes add corn to my chili but usually if im doing a chicken chili

If you're not putting beans in your chili then you're making taco, burrito, tamale or enchilada filling. A bowl of chili has beans. Fuck corn in chili though, that's some nasty shit.

It's posts like this that makes me wish Veeky Forums had the flags for posters.

Ok "chippy butty"

>I sometimes add corn to my chili but usually if im doing a chicken
Maybe you would enjoy hominy more. It has the corny flavor and adds the tortilla strip kind of tortilla soup taste at the same time. Make it more like a pork pozole or pozole verde and buy yourself a can of hominy.

Shit meant to reply to

>ground beef
>beans
>no proper chili peppers beyond a lonely jalapeno

failed before you even began

Where's your fresh chopped habanero? faggot.

meat does not belong in chili.

replace meat with lentils, split peas, carrots, and green peas.

fuck you

>chili defacto has beans in it

Kek no but it's ok hat you grew up eating shit food from shitty cooks not your fault

>caring about texture = autism

ok kid

Looks good senpai, not a fan of jalapeƱos personally.

Some dark beer adds a nice tone vs vegetable stock. Or deglaze the pan with some Jack Daniel's for that smoky note.

>beans
That's not chili, asshole.