Fml

getting dickered and posting food & cooking all over your McChicken Board REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

this thread is for anyone to post a cook-along, bake-along, drink-along, pickle-along or OC food/drink pics, post your meals or what ever if you dont want to make or use another thread

last thread >whatcha gonna do when these 24 inch pythons come for you brother

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WTLsAnxUwzQ
youtu.be/pXN3T-Xj9lg
youtu.be/WRtdTqdeXOU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You appear to be on the central time zone, so you are starting a drunkposting thread at 5:30 AM. What do you do for a living? Night shift?

When are you going to cook your faggot cat?

i am vampirosexual pls no bully

im glad we got it out early thx m8

so my phone apparently doesnt have enough free memory to function pls accept this pic i took in walmart to help fill the void

Rare Profile Patti

Saw a guy do that with his cat once.

youtu.be/WTLsAnxUwzQ

gotta clean some veg

FYI time and normie expectations associated with it really doesnt play a big role in my life and im quite ok with this

youtu.be/pXN3T-Xj9lg

Why is there a small man in a cat costume on your counter?

>FYI time and normie expectations associated with it really doesnt play a big role in my life and im quite ok with this
Today's my day off from the bakery and I still got up at midnight. I kinda like being up before the rest of the city; it's very peaceful.
>my dinner (noon meal) from yesterday
Just a big pot of hamburger, beans, tomatoes, bell peppers, red and white onions, and corn.

normie schedules dont keep the world spinnin ya heard, we are all cogs m8, i been wanting to try chilli with corn i know that shit has to be good

>roasting tomatillos and peppers and shit for salsa

Cat seems to have accepted her life in Mexican beer box and gives 0 fuck too

I bet Patti likes McChickens.
Wheres the hamburgers?

she is absolutely fuckless m8..sometimes

take notice of how giant these extra ripe friggin habenaros are for frig snax (bic for rsize comparison)

made salsa, cannin a few jars cuz im a food hoarder

Those are some bad shorts

with the remaining salsa im going to blend this sub par avocado and some sour cream and make some good shit for later

desu i had a small exchange of words with him because i am someone who can really appreciate a shoulder pup and he was a pretty real dude. but if you look at the pic he was buying like 10 cans of soup which is highly questionable, overall i r8 8/10 shoulder dog is smug

Here is the avocado dip this shit is dank but I really am not sure what I'm gonna use it for, will know by tomorrow

Here's a sandwich, not fancy

Gib half. I'll share my pineapple.

I have the same tupperware

Guy who posted the wild boar belly dish last week. As promised, I should have two dishes (at least) coming up in the next few days. Starting off with some mise en place for the first one- a smoked bone marrow pate dish.

But first, a beverage. Having pic related right now, a kriek aged in cabernet sauvignon barrels.

Starting off with prep for some of the garnish elements. Got some gorgeous green plums at the farmer's market- really fantastic. Crisp but still juicy, acidic but with some sweetness still and definite plum flavor.

Shaved them really fine and have them pickling right now. The pate is going to be super goddamn rich, so it needs plenty of elements that will cut that richness to keep it from being too much.

she will get her comeuppance one day!
smug motherfucker

Need something to put that pate on, so I'm making some bread. Levain is posted here along with the weighed out dry ingredients. Going to be a 30% whole wheat red fife bread, made with the whey from my last batch of ricotta rather than water.

>bought a Masterbuilt vertical smoker
>smoked pork shoulder
>bought sandwich press
>made Cubans

I was getting tired of pressing the sandwich with my cast iron pan. How's it look bros? Crunchy bread, super tender pork, very mustardy yellow mustard.

id eat that up lad

Needs pickle and mayo and I'd eat it I'm also a Cuban so my opinion on your sandwich matters nigger

There are 5 pickle slices on it, one is quite visible in the pic. There is a mayo/mustard mix slathered on the bottom. How about that?

Pretty good have you ever tried turkey ham mayo and jam in a sandwich they're pretty fucking amazing.

OP where is breaded patti?

>Patti so T H I C C

As a Thanksgiving leftover sandwich, yeah for sure. Cranberry is a must. But what kind of jam for that type of sandwich?

Strawberry and make sure there's a good heap of mayo in the sandwich too it'll taste so fucking amazing if you have the time to make some cheap stuffing too add that in

risotto friends?

>dickered
Stop saying that

Fucking great m8

is a prawn risotto with dill and capers

after a couple bites so you can see the inside

Dis slice looks beautiful

Go get a McChicken to calm down

It's cringy as fuck bud just saying

focking prawns

This looks amazing!

Bread dough is shaped and in its last ferment. 60% hydration, of which 40% was ricotta whey and 20% was water. Dough is 30% whole wheat red fife flour (a heirloom hard red winter wheat) and 70% unbleached bread flour.

Meanwhile, the pate is starting. Took my marrow bones and very briefly blanched them to loosen the marrow, then pushed it through and out of the bones with the handle of a wooden spoon. This way you get nice large, clean pieces, which is helpful for the smoking process- we don't want the marrow to melt, so having larger bits is nice. It'll be cold-smoked for about 10-20 minutes with a mix of apple and pecan woods. Want some nice smoke flavor but the goal is for it to be more of an accent, and high-fat things like marrow take on smoke really quickly, so it won't be in there long.

After that it'll get simmered in milk with some aromatics until the fats denature somewhat and it completely emulsifies.

that is thin as shit m8 geez loueeze

lol

never had a cuban but that looks damn good

:)

never had risotto that i can remember looks good tho

dickered

Should have a bunch more pictures to put up soon. Marrow pate is simmering away, but it looks ugly as fuck right now because the emulsion process isn't quite finished. Bread dough is almost done last ferment and oven is preheating for baking it. Morels are cleaned- just sat listening to some tunes and having a drink while I went at them with a fine brush- and are now braising with some caramelized shallots, thyme, and home made veal jus. They'll get finished with a tiny bit of PX vinegar in all likelihood.

Nice shot of the morels braising away. Once the liquid is pretty much gone and the mushrooms are tender and a bit more caramelized they'll be done.

cute as always. How are Doc and the russky doing?

you better deliver a bread head patti

I make killer risotto OP
Wife me

Bread out of the oven.

Crumb shot. Has a really nice texture- crispy crust and very tender, chewy inside, with a nice touch of tang from the whey and from the levain.

Light coat of butter and 'toasted' off in a skillet. Crispy outside, tender inside.

Pate on. Turned out perfectly- sets hard cold but once tempered it's just slightly firmer than room temp butter, and on the hot toast it just starts melting in nicely.

Braised morels got finished with a touch of Pedro Ximenez sherry vinegar and of course some salt. Those went on as well as some upland cress dressed with a pinch of salt and some of the plum pickling liquid.

That is some damn nice looking bread, user.

Finished with the pickled green plums, some Maldon salt, and some cracked pink peppercorns.

Tonight's bounty

Thoughts?

Mite too much mustard for my taste but well done.

is that cat puke on a bun?

Looks plenty good to me m8. That's a fair whack of mustard but you've got some caramelized onions to cut it with some sweetness

As promised, second dish coming up. As is tradition, starting with a drink. Having a glass of this right now, Radikon Oslavje 2005, an 'orange' wine from Friuli Venezia-Giulia, on Italy's border with Slovenia. Fucking incredible stuff, one of my absolute favorite wines ever.

This is my lobster. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Made sure to get a female lobster, because I'm going to use the roe to make lobster gnudi to serve with the dish.

She was a feisty one, which is a good thing- a lively lobster is a fresh, healthy lobster.

Stabbed her in the head to dispatch quickly, then blanched in slightly acidulated water just long enough to loosen the meat from the shell. Removed the meat, as well as the roe (dark green) and tomalley (light green). The roe will go into the gnudi, the tomalley i'll whisk in to the sauce as part of the finishing process.

Head and shell roasting for stock. Once they're out the mirepoix (plus fennel) will go in, get caramelized a bit, then get coated with a bit of tomato paste and cooked until the tomato paste is just starting to brown.

Also adding some bay, thyme, fennel seed, caramelized lemon, and my own smoke-dried tarragon.

I made "galaxy lollipops" and gave them away at work. What do y'all think?

Damn, those look great user. What flavor(s)? How did you get the patterns?

>tomalley

I had no idea this existed. Good to know in case I ever cook myself a lobster!

dip your big texan balls into it OP

Made some wings to take to work, tossed them in an easy dry rub so they aren't messy

filthy cat on a filthy towel touching filthy, raw, shitty looking ground beef

really tripled down on the disgusting for this one, hey?

Thanks! You melt down hard candies in a flat lollipop mold to make a colored disc for the middle of your final pop. I used jolly ranchers and black and white swizzle sticks.

The back is just grape jolly ranchers for flavor and color, and the front is basic hard candy (corn syrup, sugar, water). The "stars" are silver sanding sugar I sprinkled between the color disc and the hard candy front. Needed a butane torch to finish them properly and melt the bubbles out of the front.

Tedious but easy. Lots of melting and letting cool over and over.

Fuck man, if you ever get whole lobsters, that's one of the key things right there. Tomalley has incredibly strong lobster flavor and it melts right into sauces and such.

Greetings cookfags I need to know if I have fucked this batch of sriracha. Usually I do this process: chilli garlic salt sugar water into blender into glass bottle let ferment 5 days stir every day. Add vinegar boil cool blend again strain bottle. BUT this time I added the vinegar at the start by mistake. Have I ruined it???

would put in my mouth and suck/10

hng

I was hankering for some course mustard. Onions and brats were cooked in beer so there was plenty to mellow out and find balance. Plus I had pickle with every bite

Here are some spare ribsssssssssssssssssss

Just a Masterbuilt vertical smoker so there isn't much room. Had to split the rack in two. I have a chicken going right now so if I remember I'll post dat too

It wont ferment with vinegar, so it'll taste more like traditional hot sauce. You can add fish sauce or something to get a more fermented flavor.

What if I leave it longer? I thought vinegar was a by product of fermentation - don't you make wine vinegar by adding a mother culture to wine - the vinegar doesn't stop that process? Or am I indeed full tard?

Beautiful fillet of spotted wolf fish. This was the original inspiration for the dish- a staple part of the diet of wolf fish is crabs and lobster, so I wanted to show the influence that has on the fish's flavor by pairing it with lobster directly.

The fish got put into a 4% salt, 3% sugar brine for 30 minutes, rinsed, and patted dry.

Lobster roe gnudi, pre-cooking. Essentially a mixture of lobster roe, home made ricotta hung in cheesecloth for 48 hours to remove all the excess liquid, egg yolk, and a tiny bit of 00 flour that is then rolled into balls and submerged in semolina, uncovered, in the fridge for about 12 hours. The semolina draws water from the mixture and turns into a pasta-like coating.

Lobster reduction that will be the basis of the sauce for the dish. Basically once the lobster stock was done (about 5 hours at a bare simmer) I strained it, pressing as much liquid as possible out of the shells, added a tiny bit of cognac, then reduced it by about 75% and re-strained.

Chanterelle prep. Some beautiful little summer chanterelles and minced shallot.

Beurre monte. I'll use this to butter poach the lobster as well as to baste the wolf fish as it slow-roasts.

Cooked lobster roe gnudi. Much better looking now, I think.

Wolf fish out of the oven. Dat texture though.

Shellfish emulsion got finished by whisking in the tomalley and some of the beurre monte I poached the lobster in. Tossed the gnudi in it, then put the slow roast wolf fish over and some of the chanterelles.

Also the butter poached lobster claws, apparently.

Finished the dish with some fresh corn and some radish sprouts for some freshness, as well as a bit more lobster emulsion.

Fucking A
I want some

they are still cheeky cunts m8

i started to do it the other day and Patti started looking very violated, might not happen duder well see

r u gril?

m80 yer stuff is high quality af, i want to try this but i have no idea what it would taste like, bone marrow makes me nervous

i want to make bread soon, i have not made any that ive been that satisfied with yours looks dank

would eat, mustard game on point son

rekt

looks gnar
>tfw the only food you get at work is $5 bundle deal pizza hut garbage

oops i must have left that step out lol

kek

look good, i want to get a cheap smoker so bad

tip top m8 you have influenced what i want to cook tonight

gonna clean up the kitchen a bit and will prob cook something simple

Bone marrow is one of those things that seems like it shouldn't be good but it's super fucking good. Imagine something with a texture like somewhat more gelatinous room temp butter, but the flavor of beef. That's what bone marrow is like. In this case, emulsified with the milk and reduced down, it's smoother and a bit more 'spread-like', but it keeps that rich savory/meaty flavor. Went great with the morels, and the spice from the pink pepper and watercress and the acid from the plums kept it from being too heavy.

Glad to hear you're liking what I'm making. I've got some locally raised wagyu beef cheeks I'm considering using for my next set of days off. Alternatives include a dungeness crab dish, getting a whole rabbit and doing something with it, and maybe a dessert. Not exactly sure which/how many of those will happen next week but they're all in the works and will go up here eventually.

>bonus picture: lobster tail poached in butter.

Ill probably hunt down a place known for making it and give it a try eventually, im down to try anything if i think its been cooked properly, I like all OC especially really ghetto shit or high quality stuff, rabbit is something i been wanting to try too but I can only find frozen rabbit i want to find a farm somewhere

am poverty so im diggin shit out of the freezer, steak and shramps, baked tater, might even make a veg, plan to save some steak for breakfast tacos or something tomorrow

youtu.be/WRtdTqdeXOU

Butterflied and depooped

>am poverty
>Steak and Shrimp

I don't want to project but damn, at least the meowers will always eat well

ya i guess i sound like an asshole, i like fresh food and i hoard food so when times are tough, when i start dipping into my reserves i feel ashamed

You don't get to call shit poverty until you survive two months of shitty instant ramen only.

breaded