What can I do with a pork loin?

My mom bought a pork loin because it was on sale. The thing is, whenever she cooks with pork loin, it always ends up super dry and/or tough. When I tried baking it as if it were a roast, it was alright, but seriously lacking in flavour. I could cut porkchops from it and make tonkatsu quite easily, but I'd like to see what Veeky Forums can come up with.

Also, for the record, I do have an immersion circulator, so if you have any recipes for sous vide pork loin, I could use that as well.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=24hA3dD8SjM
youtube.com/watch?v=28j4gn8LGKM
askchefdennis.com/philly-style-roast-pork-sandwich-the-real-deal/
youtube.com/watch?v=MG77NcLJA8o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You should pull that pork for your mom. I bet you could come up with a great sauce for her if you're into it.

I think that pork loin is a little bit too lean to make pulled pork out of, user...

Oh I'm sorry. Well do you have a food processor? I bet she'd love a yummy sausage. It's the season for it.

No. I'm also pretty sure that you need a good amount of fat to make good sausage as well, user.

youtube.com/watch?v=24hA3dD8SjM

... yeah. The type of meat that would be good for sausage is pork shoulder. This is pork loin.

I'd rather just chuck the damn thing because I hate pork loin with a passion. I could bread it and fry it with panko. It would be delicious, but I'm trying to limit the amount of deep-fried food that I make.

Cut it into chunks and make pea stew. Or "bela corba" soup. Delicious.
In my town it's popular to stuff it and fry it in breadcrumbs. You just need a sharp knife to butterfly it thin enough, stuffing is made of cheese, bacon and mushrooms

Unroll it and stuff it.

Oh, sorry again.

Well does your mom have a nice keister? Try tapping that

No thank you.

Oh, sorry.

Well umm, could I?

Hmm... maybe.

I guess I could do something like that. I think there are some dried cranberries in the cupboard, and some celery in the fridge.

Make fried pork cutlets, that's what i do

As I said, I could make katsu easily, but I'm trying to watch the amount of deep-fried food that I make. I'll end up doing that as a last resort.

mix 1l soysauce, 1big chopped ginger, 1 chopped chilli, 1 star anis together. marinate the pork one night in it. very nice (:

A litre of soy sauce? High blood pressure runs in the family, so I think that much would kill my mother.

[spoiler]I'll make it right away... just kidding[/spoiler]

You need diced onion and apple also, and some cinnamon powder.

Saute the mixture until its soft

Checked the fridge. I've got onions and cinnamon, but no apples.

You seem to have a weird relationship with your mother

you should consider moving out

>can't make a tasty pork loin
>asks for sous vide pork loin

just kys faggot

just brown it and thencook it in a pressure cooker for 10 minutes. Slice and cover with sauce from cooking.

I also vote for stuffed pork loin. When i made one I used rice for my stuffing. I forget what else...yellow peppers and some other stuff...fun to experiment. I also wrapped it in bacon and tied it to keep it moist and keep its form

brine it and roast it

>I also wrapped it in bacon and tied it to keep it moist and keep its form

Just use some caul fat to wrap it.

>implying it didn't take me two months to find it

Nobody has that here. I weep.

Planning on getting out of the house by the end of the year. I've had enough of her shit already.

My problem then was that I underseasoned it on top of having very little fat, which resulted in it tasting like cardboard. It was relatively tender and moist cardboard, but still cardboard. I didn't ask specifically for a sous vide recipe btw.

I don't have a pressure cooker. Sorry.

I thought about wrapping leanish cuts of pork with bacon for extra fat. Does that work very well?

Cut the loin into 1" chops, salt and pepper them to taste. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a skillet, and add the chops and an unpeeled clove of garlic. Brown the chops on one side, then turn and brown on the other side as well. Add in 2 quartered apples, and turn them so they brown as well.

Remove the chops to a serving dish, pour off the fat feom the pork, and add in 1/4 cup dry white wine to deglaze the pan. Add in 1/3 cup chicken broth and simmer to form a saucy liquid. Pour over the pork.

Finally, boil some brustle sprouts and finish them for 5 minutes in a pan with some butter and wilted onions.

youtube.com/watch?v=28j4gn8LGKM

I heard that you can find it frozen online.

That sounds similar to a recipe that I often use for bone-in pork chops, but I don't have apples and I finish them in the oven. I'm not sure if I have white wine though. I probably do, but no promises.

>askchefdennis.com/philly-style-roast-pork-sandwich-the-real-deal/
Literally the best pork loin I've ever tasted. You can just cook it with the seasoning and forget all the sandwich stuff if it's easier.

Thank you for the link! I've bookmarked it for later. I'll probably try it out tomorrow, or tonight if I don't pass out.

dice it, marinate it in some azn shit like chopped ginger, soy sauce, hoisin, vinegar, garlic.. etc.

let it sit for a few hours to a day in the fridge.

drain the marinade, pat the meat semi-dry.

now, take out the pan. oil, nice and hot.

add the meat, now some onion, chopped bell pepper, snow peas, broccoli, a little bit of cashews, salt, pepper, get creative in the realm of this stir fry dish. whatever you want can be added.

Whats best about this dish is that it's keto - you fat fuck

He says any butcher will be able to get caul fat.

I had to drive about 40 miles to find some and it was frozen.

OP, I can't tell how large that loin is...but I sometimes buy a whole loin when there is a sale and break it down into 3 recipes or so.

Won Tons for soup + freeze ahead pot stickers
I buy won ton wrappers, and use about 1/3rd of a full loin. To my food processor, I grate cabbage, ginger, carrots, green onions, and remove. I chop pork in batches, and season with chili paste, soy, sesame oil, and combine all. I get out my cutting board, a bow of water, and I prep some stuffed won tons either sealing for pot stickers or folding for soup wontons. Freeze raw on cookie sheet then transfer to freezer containers. Drop into Thai Swansons broth for soup, or reheat in covered skillet with oil then water to steam.

2) I slice chops for a skillet dinner, or pound them into cutlets for pan fried schnitzel. That's my fresh dinner idea on day 1.

3) Into the oven or for your grill, prepare a pork roast. Keeping fat cap on, stuff garlic cloves into knife holes, rub with olive oil, salt, cracked pepper. Sometimes I spiral slice and stuff with onions and bell pepper and truss. Sometimes I rub with Badia dry jerk seasoning, if putting on the grill. One thing you need to keep it from being dry, is never freeze it, and bring to a full room temp before cooking. Always use a thermometer, and a covered roaster, to keep it moist you don't overcook. Hit your roasting pan with coffee for a rich roasty gravy. Pork roast makes a great BBQ to slice for sandwiches, but keep it moist. I only smoke 30mins on low, then wrap until the end if it doesn't have a nice fat cap. Glaze before leaving grill.

Cool! Glad I could be of help. The broccoli rabe is better next day if you're going that route(kind of loses it's leftover pungency). Also, be sure you have a meat thermometer and shoot for about 150°f. Don't listen to the cooking times.

Put it in salt for 24 hours, then season it with pepper and thyme / rosemary, wrap it in cloth and let it sit for 3 weeks.

3 Weeks later, congrats, you have dried pork to go with your summer chillbeer

Yeah, I think it's a whole pork loin.

I actually prefer to chop the pork by hand as I get more control over the consistency. That and the fact that it's how my dad taught me. That's definitely a good idea, but I'll have to get some wrappers and chicken for making soup out of.

Schnitzel and chops sound nice. I might go that route one day.

A lot of good roast recipes. Much appreciated.

Its not beef dumbfuck

cut it in pieces
fry if with a little bit of good olive oil/butter/lard
chop shitloads of onions(like 4-5)
put that in the pot too
a few garlic cloves
salt n pepper
hot pepper flakes or a chilli pepper if u want it spicy
let it boil for a while(the onions will exude quite a bit of water, you dont need to put any)till the water is gone
enjoy foodkino

i somtimes put some chopped tomatoes if i want to make it more of a sauce type-based dish, but without is the patrician way

Stir fry.

For a single loin, remove silver skin. 2 Tablespoons mayo and a Tablespoon of herbs de province, a T of Italian seasoning, and a teaspoon of salt. Mix. Truss loin by tucking tail end. Coat in mayo herbs mix.

Convection oven at 425, pork in. Check for 155 degrees after 20 minutes.

Wala, perfect roast tenderloin.

Alternately use 2 T harrissa and a t of salt and mayo.

Stir fry and schnitzel.

OP here. After much discussion -- and a heated argument -- I've settled on for their idea. I'll make pork chops for the first meal, a pork roast on the next day, and I'll make wonton with the leftovers. When I cook the wonton, I'll boil them in salted water, then put them into homemade chicken broth with mustard greens probably.

Thank you all for your suggestions! I'll update as I go on.

I like this guys videos
youtube.com/watch?v=MG77NcLJA8o

Once, I took a pork loin out to see a movie. Didn't have to pay to get it in!

Day 3 pork is not so fresh, get that 3rd day idea into the freezer, I'd say. If the shopping for wrappers are holding you up, then at least park some asian meatballs into the freezer, which can be added to soup just the same.

chops, roast, slow cooker, roulade.......

Here's how to get pork loin, or any tender but lean meat, flavorful and juicy as fuck.

>brine
5% salt and 3% brown sugar by mass dissolved in water along with whatever seasonings you want. Submerge the loin in the brine once it's chilled and refrigerate for 6-8 hours depending on size. Remove from brine, rinse off. Return to the fridge, uncovered, for a few hours to dry the surface so it will caramelize.

>Sear
Heat up the heaviest not-nonstick skillet you have until the oil is just starting to smoke, and put the loin in. Sear all sides well. Inside it should still be totally raw if you do this right- that's what you want.

>Finish in oven
Put into a low (225F) oven to finish cooking. Baste often with butter or whatever flavorful fat you want to use. Cook to about 140F, then remove from the oven and rest 10 minutes or so. It should finish up at about 145F. There will still be a trace of pink in the center, but that's fine nowadays.

Meat should be seasoned throughout from the brine, and juicy as fuck, with a nice flavorful crust.

Bonus points: make a pan sauce from the fond and juices left in your pan.

Cutting chops now

cut it into slices around 3/4 inch thick, pound them flat and bread them to make a pounded pork tenderloin. Deep fry and make into a sandwich.

I forgot, cut off that strip of fat, no one wants that shit

WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING

Marinate it then bake it. Pork Loin makes a good cut for char siu. Needs to be done overnight though or you're wasting your time.

Looks fancy but I promise you that will deliver dick-all flavour. If you put slices of garlic in with the rosemary they won't really cook and will come out quite raw.

skeptical

You could insert the garlic and rosemary under the fat layer, much like you can do with a bird.

You're better off turning the whole thing into a paste if you have a blender though.

Well, it's late and the pork is in the fridge already. If the garlic does come out raw, I'll probably pop it out while the pork's still resting and fry it gently to emulsify it into a sauce later.

I just have a shitty Magic Bullet blender. if I blend it with a little olive oil, will it work?

>cut into chops
>marinate in italian dressing and worcestershire overnight
>grill

ez and delicious. you dun goofed

Unfortunately, my grill grates are rusted AF. I'd sand them, but the garage in a townhouse doesn't have that much space. That, and my mom's a fucking hoarder.

>take grill grates outside garage to sand

problem solved, i think you're just being lazy broski

There's also the fact that I don't have sandpaper, and I'm a shut-in NEET who doesn't like going outside.