Which state has the best 'cue?

Other urls found in this thread:

cochondelaitfestival.com/history.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Tennessee

North Carolina

Texas

nothing beats brisket or dry-rub ribs

Going off that map's broad definition of BBQ rather than what I actually consider BBQ, then Wisconsin

>top round

Unless it's choice or up that's some work to make it tender and flavorful.

beef ribs are shit though
actually, beef bbq is shit in general

Why didn't they call this map "things people in these states like to grill out with"?

North Carolina, Lexington-style.

pork ribs are definitely better, I'll give you that, but you can still get dry-rub pork ribs lol

I know. I only eat dry ribs.
I'm just saying most people associate texas bbq with beef, and beef bbq is shit. Also texas loves pepper based rubs and that is shit, too.

brisket is unironically amazing, and easily takes the most time and effort. The other styles rely on sauces to make up for dry meat.

>BBQ chicken with a chipotle rub
I really want to make a good mesquite BBQ place here so that my fellow Arizonans aren't quite so clueless, allowing others to be even more clueless about Arizona.

I'm from Iowa.

I can get almost any kind of bbq somewhere in the metro.

I usually go to Smokey D's (burnt ends) or Uncle Wendels (ribs/pulled pork).
But Jethros and Wooly are alright.
I used to go to Famous Dave's before I discovered D's.

Missouri.

Tomato based sauce is superior to vinegar based sauce.

Texas.

I can get a lot of decent bbq most places in the states but nowhere do people seem to understand real brisket like Texas. I think Louisiana is a close second for overall quality but I've found some amazing copycats in northern California and Tennessee. I've yet to find anyone outside of Texas who does even passable brisket though.

If your saucin your 'cue it's bad 'cue

this
A hot rub with a sweet mop during the smoke is ideal

Im from south Carolina, and I doubt to many of you fly over boys have experienced going to a friends house because they were grilling a whole hog. Invite 20 people and everyone leaves stuffed as fuck. Dont forget the bud light though.

Even flyover looks down on the south

You wish you had our culinary culture.

>tfw I get local hogs for free more times a year than I can count on two hands from my buddy's farm 30 miles away in kansas
I've smoked more hogs than you've had hot meals buddy.

>pork ribs
>nj
im happy, i love pork and ribs. brisket is overrated

charleston is my favorite city, savannah a close second

Kinda, not worth the other stuff though

There's just something so primal and satisfying about seeing and smelling a whole animal sizzling over an open fire..

Which makes the best smoked sausage?

>bud light

I was listening until that, you whitetrash. I haven't been to a pig roast in the last 10 years that hasn't had the predominate beers be a variety of local craft brews. You sicken me.

oh look, it's bay area faggot

why do southern rednecks like to appropriate black culture so much and claim it as their own?

>grilled pizza
wut

Its one of my favorites too, I live about 30 mins inland from there.
Idk the farmer who usually raises the pigs I get are white, and my friends that hunt and shoot them are white. Never knew farming, hunting and having a nice cue was "black culture"

Please recall, in the south white people bought black people to do all the farming for them traditionally

Oh sorry i'll tell my friend he should let a black person do his job because that's a part of their culture and we dont want to take that away from them.

I guess we should only allow Chinese people to work on the railroad since they built it.

Why do you have to bring this in a cue thread?

>in the south white people bought black people to do all the farming for them traditionally
No they didn't. Blacks worked large plantations working cash crops. All subsistence farming was done by poor and middle class whites with the only difference being that the middle class had to work right along side their slaves.

North Carolina
South Carolina
Texas
Everything Else

It's how we justify keeping them around

North Carolina

georgia for sure

>south, "middleclass" white trash and nignogs sharecropped for their feudal masters after slavery
>we dind't do nuffin' after the northern usurpers had their way with us.

Same stupidity drives your attempt to vote against your interests, doesn't it?

Bison is overrated and over priced. Not enough fat content to warrant buying it because it has so little flavor.

>Dont forget the bud light

Enjoy the bbq while you can. You're going back, ese.

North and south Carolina has the best cue iv had specially North Carolina but south Carolina is damn good.
. Why you do dis? This is suppose to be a comfy thread, your just derailing it.

>Smoked baloney
Oklahoma keeping trailer culture alive, kek.

Nobody in Michigan grills hotdogs unless they're doing so for little children.

Too bad you can't come to my house. I grew up in Texas, and my whole family does BBQ. I live in NorCal now, and people fucking freak when they try my BBQ.

North Carolina.

OP picture is factually incorrect. NC should be labeled whole hog as with SC. Choose between mustard based SC, tomato based western NC, or vinegar based eastern NC.

No state has the best BBQ. There are popular but shitty BBQ places everywhere. There are really bad sauces by many standards, also everywhere. And there are cooks/restaurants where the owners are from somewhere else. Trying to make a map and draw lines like food is magically that different state to state is an exercise in silliness. The new england descriptions are laughable. Pizza isn't a meat, whether it's grilled or not, it's not BBQ whatsoever.
Other than Texas which is certainly the home to Brisket, I don't agree with a single other selection, and the mutton is really a small region of Kentucky, because, yea, no one eats mutton in the US, it's too gamey. We only like lamb. And Louisiana isn't grilling the shrimp more than the hog whatsoever. Cajun shrimp aren't grilled. Can you picture some chef throwing dusty seasoning at a grill and getting cayenne in the face? Oh no no. This is madeup crap.
The #1 line at the Jazz and Heritage is a cochon po boy, a whole fire roasted suckling pig pulled and combined with crunchy skin in delicious french bread. cochondelaitfestival.com/history.html
Myself, I like grilled boudin. Florida? First of all South Florida doesn't have _any_ great BBQ restaurants. And, it's a debate that old time joints like Shortys are all that awesome, just an example of how a vacuum it all is... But, churrascarias are so plentiful skirt steak prices exceed ny strip at Publix. OMFG the latin american, and caribbean BBQ choices number in the 1000s of quality restaurants. Pic is argentinean, a restaurant with literal punchbowls of various chimmichurri sauces. You have little Haiti doing the goat roti.
Get over the West coast of Florida and it's all grilled fresh catch seafood and steaks, not as much smoke n pit BBQ that isn't a chain nonsense.

>VA

Completely wrong.

We may not be the best at fucking anything, but the pork isn't bad and its a hell of a lot better than the chicken here.

Indiana here, do whole hog roasts at least a few times a year.

Barbacoa
Eastern North Carolina
Memphis dry
Texas East
Texas Central

I grew up in Texas but tend to prefer pork over beef. I also dislike overly sweetened sauces or glazes like you would find in a Kansas City Style.

A-are you from Wyoming too, user?

This, I don't know, I feel like we BBQ pork better here

Whenever I have that, it's really good

Whenever I have chicken BBQ by someone here it's really dry and badly cooked

The only exception is when my dad grills some chicken legs which always turn out delicious the way he does them

chicken is tough to do. Too low and slow and it becomes rubbery. Too hot and fast and it's dry. I like to do chicken at about 250-275.

Chicken is just a low tier meat

Hello, fellow iowa bro

Smokey D's is next to big barn harley Davidson, right? I've there, pretty good

Jethros is awesome, but as a 1 every 2 weeks trip type of deal. Going there repeatedly loses its touch.

Go to Clackson's in Altoona, their shit is fantastic. Plus, go to Groupon (don't know if it's still there) and find the coupon there. 50 dollars worth of shit to 30 dollars. Leftovers galore.

I need to try famous Dave's sometime.

why did you remove hawaii

>I need to try famous Dave's sometime.
He knows what he is doing, been to many over the years in different places without regret. One thing Dave figured out is having 6 different sauces to please all the masses. Get that giant round trash can lid platter there that feeds 4. It's a decent BBQ chain fo sho. Also Dave does a lot of charity work to the native american community youth, which I support! He's a nice dude!

Pork ribs are better than beef. No question. But good Texas brisket is by far the best bbq. Keep your ribs in your inbred hick state. I'll stick with brisket

>south carolina

Gtfo and take your nasty mustard sauce with your trashy ass, NC is best C

Vinegar based BBQ is best BBQ deal with it.

I don't know how they make their baloney but the type of sausage is based off of is delicious with big chunks of fat in it. Smoked would be pretty good.

Smoke it in butter, that'll take care of the dryness

If you have to rely on sauce your cue isn't up to stranded in my house hold.

Their BBQ sucks that's why.

It's Oklahoma, if it isn't from Wal-Marts, it doesn't exist.

Not as catchy

Who else here is BBQ'ing today? I've got these little briskets, first time trying them. It's really hard to find good cuts for low and slow in Australia.

I work at a BBQ joint, I see that shit enough

Salt and pepper

Has working there ruined it for you, or are there things you'll still BBQ for pleasure?

Well I don't smoke my own, but not really
You get tired of the same thing all the time, I mean its nice to walk in and smell the burning hickory and the smoked meats and whatnot, but it doesn't really encourage me to DIY it

About three hours in. Holding a good 120°C.

>live in seattle
>buy fresh salmon from pike place market
>they literally throw the fish at you
>ride my fix-gear bike to my condo
>chop down the hundred-year-old cedar tree across the street
>hand-craft a plank because buying a wood plank from the co-op isn't eco-friendly
>pause to fix my mustache curls and wipe the sweat from my brow
>plank the salmon
>"BBQ"
>crack open a locally brewed IPA
>call to my partner, marcia, and two kids, river and broden "dinner's ready"
>they just got back from the farmer's market
>they bought a bunch of non-gmo fruits but they're all deformed and shit because no pesticides and grown by a fucking hippie
>sit down and share our favorite science-related journal article we read recently before we eat
>broden complains the meal isnt vegan
>have an open diologue with the family about broden's feelings and viewpoint
>ailently eat the planked salmon with my shitty bitter IPA
>contemplate why my life has become this hipster fever-dream

i wish i could run away to louisiana lads
wat do?

Not Utah

run away to Louisiana

This is how you know that map is bullshit, some retard thinking "smoked baloney" is the best 'cue oklahoma has to offer.

Dave's is okay, but nothing that amazing. Worked at one for four years, and the quality of the food dropped off significantly after Dave stepped down as CEO.

California tri-tip is the only answer

Yumm acrylamide

Visit in July and see if you still want to live here.

I've never seen smoked mutton here in KY mainly just pork and chicken. Must be an eastern thing and I don't go to eastern ky.

This or Kentucky mutton

cut at the wrong angle

Who hurt you user?

sure fucking did.
tritip is for chumps who can't smoke large pieces for 12-16 hours anyway. might as well grind it up, mix it with some meal and make dog food.

Niggers stink

>Maine
>grilled lobster
I'm telling you right now - hardly anyone grills lobsters here but mark my words - it will be the summer grill meme of 2017

You've never cooked lobster on the barbecue?

Anywhere in the South. Texas has the best beef, but that's offset by the fact that you can't get pulled pork at any fucking BBQ restaraunt in the whole state which is fucking retarded. You can get great beef in other states too, and they also have pork like any normal american would expect.

>tfw live in Seattle too
>never had what anyone from the entire South would call "real barbeque" in my life

1. North Carolina
2. Tennessee
3. Texas

Why am I the only weirdo that prefers beef ribs? I like ribs, but beef ribs are like ambrosia.
Eastern NC and Memphis say no

Goddamn what a faggot.

You drink light beers (either calorie or style) because you start drinking when the hog goes on at 6am. I'm a pretentious beer snob, but nobody wants a fucking XXXIPA HOPPED UP or a stout while drinking all day in the heat.

A real BBQ starts before the sun comes up.

>California
>BBQ

>White people stole the idea of cooking meat from niggers. Only in Africa did people BBQ meat throughout the past 50000 years.

You realize how fucking retarded you sound?

>drinking before sun comes up
This is what I did before rehab lol

Literally the reason why I left Seattle after 1 month. King County is a fucking cancer filled with the most self-righteous cunts even compared to the 5th Ave crowd in NYC.

It's cheap to live down in the south, but we have chimps and heat to deal with. luckily a/c and ar-15s fix them.

Alabama

t. friend of winningest BBQ grand champions at memphis in may

>but we have chimps and heat to deal with
I'm more afraid of the crazy religious weirdos that live down there.

maybe he's a religious weirdo

Nope. There are a lot of churches, but 98% of them are normies. Fuck, most will invite you to church and then have a big covered plate lunch after service.

The biggest thing not to do in the South is bring the degenerate culture you left with you.