American cuisine

>american cuisine

what's the matter my europoor friend?
the sharia law on your city doesn't allow you to buy marshmallows?

>A dessert is sweet

dog bless ameriga

>needing to add sugars to sweet potatoes
CANT HAVE ANY OF THEM VEGETABLES WITHOUT SUGAR WE MURICANS ARE NOT LIKE THEM EUROPOORS

It's actually an old school Thanksgiving side dish. Liked it as a kid (along with canned cranberry sauce), now it's pretty gross. Has nothing to do with the current corn lobbyists making sure that HFCS is in as many products as possible. Think of it more like roasted carrots glazed in brown sugar.

To be fair, judging any country's cuisine based on dishes that arose in the post WWII era (even though we won) is pretty stupid and biased.

I have never understood why it isn't a dessert. But for some reason every time It's serve I have a big heaping scoop of brown sugar crusted mashed sweet potatoes with butter and sugar added covered in toasted marshmallow

it's basically a pie

give me a name, bro

thats taylor swift idiot

Is it really? Guess that explains my instant arousal.

do americans really eat that?!?

my family would love it.

It's fucking delicious and you should try it.

Sweet potatoes and yams are two different tubers delet this

Sweet potato casserole is a dessert you mongoloid. I assume you eat sugar free cake and ice cream as well?

They hate us because of our freedoms

It's a disgusting holdover from women's magazine recipes of the 50's. It's only whitetrash and nigs that still serve that kind of abomination.

This.

thats poor people food

Never seen it served, or referred to as a dessert. Maybe you are thinking of sweet potato pie?

are sweet potatoes actually yams? I actually thought they were different things for the longest time

>leave something to rot
>call it a gourmet delicaly
wa la eurocooking in a nutshell

Just small sweet potatoes.

>Yam casserole with marshmallows
This makes me want to puke

>Pasta with meatballs is an italian dish

Fuck no it isn't now stop pretending you have culture ameritards

>delicaly
Retard.

Marshmallows are delicious with yams, it's a normal thing

My family lived in a gated community and ate that every Thanksgiving, tho.

>living in a gated community

>Letting the riff raff wander in from the streets
How well do you play the washboard and jugs, for the record?

when did euros learn the word vegetable?

Not surprised. Mid-20th Century bad taste really transcended class lines, which shows the power of advertising. It would be comforting to think that only the poor and stupid were eating this prefab shit, but the fact is everyone got taken in by it back then. How many American families still serve that grim green bean casserole made with cream of mushroom soup and topped with fried onions from a can at holidays? Even people who ought to know better. How many wealthy, educated people still buy shit like pasta sauce in a jar, Coca-Cola products and eat fucking breakfast cereal in cold milk every morning? And make brownies from boxed mix?

Advertising really did a number on how Americans ate during the 20th Century, especially the second half of it. No one was immune.

True, everyone was suckered in. My point was that the only ones still holding onto it are whitetrash and nigs. Also, someone living in a mansion doesn't preclude them being whitetrash.

Sweet potatoes are not yams, yams are not sweet potatoes

>My point was that the only ones still holding onto it are whitetrash and nigs.
I wish that were true. But the truth is the Boomers loved this shit, and their poor kids grew up with it as "tradition". I know plenty of solidly middle class people from families that have been so for generations who still make shit like green bean casserole and yams with marshmallows on top for Thanksgiving. Even people who are otherwise good cooks make this crap for holidays because it's become part of their tradition. I'm kind of hoping this shit dies out with the Boomers, but foods people see as part of holiday traditions have a lot of staying power.

Daily OBSESSION thread huh?