Favorite Soup

They Veeky Forums, what is your favorite soup to eat? Which one is your favorite soup to make?

I like to eat pic related, but like to cook 'Lithuanian sorrel soup'.
gbtimes.com/recipe/sorrel-soup

Other urls found in this thread:

seriouseats.com/2015/03/how-to-make-filipino-arroz-caldo-chicken-rice-soup.html
marthastewart.com/332619/mrs-kostyras-borscht?amp
youtu.be/BvZ9m3Bikuw
memoriediangelina.com/2012/02/26/jota-triestina-beans-and-sauerkraut-soup-from-trieste/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

S O P A
O
P
A

Don't eat soup much but I enjoy Italian soups like lentil and sausage, and ones with pasta. At home, I mostly make leek and potato

Beef vegetable stew

wtf cannibalism

seriouseats.com/2015/03/how-to-make-filipino-arroz-caldo-chicken-rice-soup.html

Truly the worst of the worst.

i also cooked this, its nice.
though a congee isnt really a soup.

My favourite soup to cook is probably barsczc (polish one, clear soup - only dumplings added).
Eating pho or ramen

have you tried chinese cat soup?

I made borscht the other day, and I have a question:
I got the beets from a farmer, washed them, reserved the greens, and cut the ridges and roots off. I boiled the beets in a pot of water until tender. Then I removed the beets, mixed homemade broth into the water, and added the other ingredients based on how long they took to cook. Toward the end, I cut the beets finely and added them to the pot for about five minutes.
Is this an acceptable way to cook borscht? I have no Slavic blood and thus lack an instinctual feel for borscht.

definitely cuban black bean soup

Favorite to eat:
Pea soup. Clam chowder is a close second.

Favorite to make:
Anything with stewed tomatoes. I fucking love the smell of just letting those red bastards simmer for hours.

what you were probably lacking was apple vinegar and a dash of suga, its kind of the secret ingredient that makes borscht, no matter which variety, come together

Either this or lobster bisque

I'm not slav but I use Martha Stewart's recipe she says came from her mother who was originally from Poland. I also add carrots and cabbage to mine.

marthastewart.com/332619/mrs-kostyras-borscht?amp

Vietnamese sour soup. Got that catfish, okra, pineapple, tomato game going strong.

youtu.be/BvZ9m3Bikuw

ramen broth

Can't beat good jota. Can't vouch for this particular recipe but it was one of the few I could find in English and the ingredient ratios look about right:

memoriediangelina.com/2012/02/26/jota-triestina-beans-and-sauerkraut-soup-from-trieste/

My personal tweaks: one, substitute sauerkraut for fermented turnips if at all possible although they do seem pretty hard to find. Two, saute a whole onion in the oil used to make the brown roux towards the end but remove it from the mixture before adding the roux to the soup.

DE
E

chicken soup is objectively the best soup.
you can disagree, but you'd be wrong.

potato bacon clam chowder.

Minestrone

Borscht is like a italian sauce - every babushka had a different approach. Polish is clear ready to drink from a cup or used as a watery dip, also because of the dumpling. Ukrainan is thicker with bits of beets and potatoes, Lithuanian is very thick cause of the cream.

I've been making a lazy but tasty lentil and sausage soup. Its basically just chicken broth, a can of diced tomatoes, onion, garlic, serrano peppers, spicy sausage (from my local meat market) and lentils.

Favorite soups in order of preference:

Split Pea with hamhock and/or sausage
Menudo
Bun Bo Hue
Borscht

French onion.

My school serves this really good creamy thai chicken soup sometimes, but I looked up the nutrition facts and the first ingredient is ranch dressing.

The based beany goodness of pasulj. Never care about flatulence

Borscht is one of those things where it's acceptable to use whatever method so long as the fundamentals are there. That said, there are definitely better ways to make it than others.

Beef marrow soup. Shit is top tier after a night of drinking.
Tuscan white bean soup during winter is a close second.

Hmmm?
Polish rye soup:

Oh man, I made this after christmas last year. Took my leftover turkey carcass, pulled the little bits of leftover meat off, and then simmered it for about 10 hours. Stock had the perfect viscosity. I then cooked the rice in a little bit of it, added meat halfway through, topped with some ginger and scallions. So comfy.

i like your enthusiasm user, but stock from poultry is done after about 2hours.
Also your soup sounds good but was it really the same, fishsauce,blackpepper,limes etc?