Are there any Bourdainfags in ck?

Are there any Bourdainfags in ck?

I hate the formats of his shows in which his interviews are more yes or no questions rather than letting the pwople speak for themselves. Nevertheless i love watching the food my poor ass will probably never taste.

everyone

I used to constantly watch No Reservations (it was one of my favorite shows) but I haven't kept up with him after he stopped doing it.

Is AB the most interesting man in the world?

no

Andrew Zimmern is funnier and nicer. Bordain tries too hard to be cool.

I like them both but I agree that Bourdain can be obnoxious at times.

Yeah he's more relaxed than Bourdain who tries to be everybody's friend

No but he sure as hell knows his food. Bourdain's unkown parts is a bit more serious and sober than No Reservations. I like both though.

I liked No Reservations. Haven't seen any others because I got rid of my ripoff satellite tv service. I like him. Seems like he'd be fun to get drunk and bullshit with.

I like his work and tend to agree with most of his opinions on food. I'm afraid he's biting off way more than he can chew with the NYC food hall idea, and I think it could be his undoing.

he's a cool dude

(((anthony bourdain))) is entertaining but he tries to hard to be topical/edgey at times. at least he divorced his whore wife.

He's an asshole but I've enjoyed his books.

Agree. He should stay out of political commentary, it's just not his thing.

this. it was cool when he was just a polite if awkward dude with a focus on local focus foods and culture.
now, especially in the cnn show, he's needs to fit into this edgy chainsmoker ultra liberal persona, and that tints everything he experiences.

>now, especially in the cnn show, he's needs to fit into this edgy chainsmoker ultra liberal persona, and that tints everything he experiences.

He has always espoused those views even back when he did No Reservations. Watch the Dubai episode.

This. He's always been a specific kind of New York character, and never really held back on his opinions.

Hell, it goes back even before that. Watch Cook's Tour or read any of his books.

I don't always agree with his views but I can still respect the fact that he possesses a certain amount of conviction. He can be rather pretentious at times but he's still entertaining.

Yeah, he thinks of himself as a Gonzo journalist. Some sort of food Hunter Thompson.

>He can be rather pretentious at times
I don't see him as pretentious at all. Dude made his living as a chef in a French restaurant. Some of his elitism comes from a career where his customers were the elite. It's not pretentious at all - it fits who he is perfectly.
You know he idolized HST. His writing style is very similar.

He made a comic book that had an Asian sushi chef killing white people because they mixed wasabi in soy sauce.

It was meh

I used to like him. Now i find him pretty cringe and annoying.

The Zim is the true king.

Plus Zim got more fucked up and came back from it and helps people. Tony is still a leather faced hack who can't maintain a marriage.

I actually thought the first one was pretty good.

I liked the eps when he got cunted with headhunters in a longhouse.

Man fuck him, still love that California roll.

Yeah, inspired me to get into kitchen work. Was a fan of No Reservations and would watch it with my dad who was a bad-ass cook himself, then got into Kitchen Confidential and his other books. His stories of hard work, long nights, drugs and everything else are a big factor to what got me into cooking and kitchen work. Been working in kitchens ever since, no plans on stopping, looking forward to being a grizzled angry old drunk fuck holding a spatula. Fuck it.

Yeah, he was also a lowlife and doesn't exploit his Rockstar persona as much as Tony.