Is Rice acceptable in a burrito? Why not?

Is Rice acceptable in a burrito? Why not?

Do you like rice in burritos?

rice is fundamental to a burrito

Yes it's fine. Not authentic but sometimes a giant overstuffed burrito is perfect.

Yes but french fries don't belong in a burrito.

>Menu says it comes with potatoes
>get greasy, salty fries
No

YOU TAKE THAT BACK YOU SON OF A BITCH YOU'LL NEVER TAKE MY CALIFORNIA BURRITOS AWAY FROM ME!

If you like it who gives a fuck if it's acceptable

Sorry man I just can't do the french fries.

Burritos are not acceptable.

I like my burritos filled 85% with rice. A burrito without rice is just sad.

Unless it's Taco Bell, then no rice because their beans are perfect on their own and anything else but red sauce added just ruins it. Their burritos are small enough that just one ingredient is necessary.

Absolutely not. Rice in a burrito is a califag abortion. The only thing acceptable in a burrito is a slathering of refried pintos, some pork or beef stewed with chilis, a sprinkling of cheese. Salsa and lettuce on top and rice on the side. Don't fall for the cuckfornia garbage.

>authentic burrito
You know burritos are tex-mex right?
Mexican burritos are made for americans
Mexicans eat tortas, classic tacos (cilantro, lime, radish, onion and meat), and whatever beans and rice they can get a hold of. Whenever there's a neighborhood get together the women make like 200 tamales and the men sit and drink tequila and yell at the women and children.

Rice in tacos is fine though.

Only a small amount.
I always ask for half a portion of rice when I go to chipotle because normally they put a huge spoonful on and the burrito tastes mostly like rice..

>and the men sit and drink tequila and yell at the women and children
As a gringo I always thought this, no wonder they are so easy

I love rice in my burrito.

I always avoid any beans.

I went back to mexico with a couple of dishwashers to visit their families
Can confirm, first day the women got in one kitchen and made up a fuck ton of tamales for the neighborhood while we yelled at/sexually harrassed them and verbally punished children for playing around

>yes
>because it tastes good and burritos are mostly tex-mex

Rice is a cheap filler that takes away from the overall taste of a burrito. Beans are a cheap filler that ties all of the ingredients together.

burritos are cheap filler

If I make my own chili cheese burrito should rice go into it or beans? Also what is the opinion on sour cream in the burrito rather than on top

better filler than fucking beans, thans for sure

I'm Mexican. Mi father never yells at me nor at my mom and I don't like rice in my burritos. In fact that thing in the photo doesn't look like a burrito.

you were a cheap filler of your mothers womb

I like to make seasoned rice when I do burritos.

Rinse & dry 1.5 cups of long-grain white rice. I usually use basmati, for a number of reasons. It's just plain better than jasmine.

Brown the rice lightly in oil, then transfer it to the rice cooker. Add 1 cup vegetable stock and 1 cup of your favorite salsa. My personal favorite is mango habanero salsa.

Eyeball the water level and add more water if necessary, then set it cooking.

Reminder
Burritos look different in mexico unless its a tourist area

If you're using sour cream, you could mix it with the rice or beans beforehand so you don't end up with mouthfuls of just sour cream.

Depends on the burrito, but overall it's considered lazy filler.
Doesn't add anything to the flavors.