Zucchini

I planted some vegetables for the first time this year. My zucchini plant is huge and has been blooming for almost two weeks. When I checked under the leaves, there are 6 zucchinis that almost ready for picking. It has even more blooms on it now. It looks like it is going to put out 3-5 a week. What should I do with all of this zucchini? One thing I like to do is slice them, season with creole seasoning, and dehydrate them. They make a tasty snack and are a great addition to soups.

Other urls found in this thread:

realfoodliving.com/recipes/main-dishes/dehydrating-zoodles-and-squashetti
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fuck and suck them

prune the male blossoms and fry them.

dehydrated would be gr8
also do this

also, just roast them fuckers. roasted zuke is tasty, simple and goes with nearly everything.

i'd make zoodles, amd dehydrate them

realfoodliving.com/recipes/main-dishes/dehydrating-zoodles-and-squashetti

>3-5 per week

Oh you naive child. You're going to be getting 3-5 per DAY! You can pickle them just like cucumbers, make zucchini bread, dry them and rehydrate for stews and stir frys. If you don't have a dehydrator, a simple way to dry fruits and vegetables is to put them on racks and put them on the front and rear dashboards of your car on sunny days. Works great for making sun dried tomatoes too.

KYS. This is a blue board. Go back to /b/.

I was just reading about that. I'll plan on that. I first need to be able to reliably determine which are the male / female blossoms. The article said the male ones had thin stems. It is raining now, but I'll check on that tomorrow. I have a deep fryer.

I forgot to add that I make grilled vegetables each time I grill something in the summer. I usually use zucchini, bell pepper, onion, and string beans. It is always great.

Moved out of Alaska over the winter to Wyoming and was eager to plant a garden. I planted:
Roma Tomatoes
Beefsteak Tomatoes
San Marzano Tomatoes
Onions
Bell Peppers
Jalapenos
Habaneros
Cayenne peppers
Carrots
Corn
Cucumber
Garlic
Basil
Oregano

Everything is growing really nice so far, but I have no idea what to do with most of it. Any ideas?

Figure those ingredients would make a kick ass salsa.

Bread crumbs my friend.

Oh yeah also, potatoes, watermelon, pumpkin, blueberries, strawberries, and boysenberries

Salads, pizzas, sandwiches, seasoning, sauces etc.

Do you brush them with oil or anything? Or just straight onto the grill?

If the strawberries are sweet, simply eat them. If they are sour make smoothies and add some sweet fruit, and even some vegetable if you like. Many people do not know how good for example, spinach can be. It sounds weird and it makes the smoothie look green but you do not taste it at all because it gets overpowered by the fruits, but you still get yer vitamins

I wanted to can some jellies and jams for the winter

Berries can be eaten just like that, just like watermelon. If you want to get creative look up some fun fruit kebab thingies. Potatoes literally have endless possibilities as well.

Great idea. Jams are tasty, can be used in many ways, and do not spoil so quick. You can keep them around for a long time.

>3-5 per DAY!
Oh, what the hell am I going to do with that many? I have a dehydrator. I mentioned that I like to dehydrate them. I also planted a cherry tomato plant just to make "sun"-dried tomatoes.

I see people picking fruits off of these little plants. My is almost 6 feet wide. Pic related.

>Do you brush them with oil or anything? Or just straight onto the grill?

I toss all the veg with olive oil and season. They don't "grill" well unless you oil them. I like a little char in some spots, especially the onion. I cook the whole thing until the onions look they they are for fajitas.

It's Zucchini every day season.

Tonight's dinner. Pan grilled Zucchini. The best. Some olive oil, salt, pepper, herbs.

A mediterranean summer classic. They are super tasty!

I'll try the car dehidrating trick this weekend, sounds really nice.

We also love doing zucchini soup and mashed Zucchini. When you have all those vegetables that you need to use asap, is the best option as it's really easy to freeze. Just be sure to peel at least half of the skin when doing soup or mashing them as the soup will turn out bitter if you don't.

>boysenberries
Make these into sorbet. Boysenberry sorbet is the best.

chili, spaghetti, stews, toppings for burgers,

batter it and deep fry it.

The blossoms are also great as an addition to scrambled eggs and omelettes. Saute them briefly in butter before you do the eggs.

Zucchini Lasagna

I made dill pickles or of them. They're alright, other recepies might be better.

dill pickles out of zucchini? wtf?

Small zucchini are great pickled, what's the issue?

oh dear.

i have three zucchini plants going. i'm just one single dude.

plz be gentle on my boipussy, zucchinis.

>i'm just one single dude

All the better reason to grow some edible butt toys.

Mexican Zucchini Cheese Soup

Meet new friends, both male and female, by offering them fresh zucchini from the garden at whatever social gathering spot you prefer, be it bar, pub, church, library, park, subway, back alley, etc.

Plant some sweetcorn and hot peppers.
Make some gaddamn zucchini and corn fritters.

Mix 50/50 ground parmesan and panko, add salt and pepper, cut zucchini into thin spears, push cut sides into parm mix, lay skin side down on a sheet pan and bake at 450 until golden brown.

What do you mean, this IS /b/.

>4 cups water
>1/2 cup rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar (more or less to taste)
>few tablespoons of white sugar and kosher salt, again to taste
>whole mustard seeds, a bay leaf, celery seeds, coriander seeds, pinch of red pepper flakes, and fresh dill
>throw everything in a pot and boil until sugar and salt have dissolved. Taste as it heats up and adjust to your liking
>slice zucchini and cucumber thin
>pour mixture over slices and let it sit overnight
>enjoy fresh pickled zukes

wait so just bread one side and put the other side onto the baking sheet?

yeah, the skin side has no mix

>thinks this is /b/

Oh, OK, you came here from Reddit. Please go back. This is Veeky Forums. It is a blue board. Only the Adult and Misc boards are marked NSFW.

grill them and put a little bit of chimichurri on them.

use them in fried rice

make stuffed zucchini with the biggest one

you can also make zucchini bread and zucchini cakes that are really good.

This is awful. Can't wait till we can switch to full nonorganic food.

Is there a way that you fry them that keeps them from being soggy-ish in the end? I'm a complete novice, so I'd be grateful if you could outline everything you do to fry them.

put them in your butt

>I have no idea what to do with most of it
Eat it, that's what people do in normal latitudes. makes a nice change from all that salt seal and polar bear meat.

The onions, bellpeppers, garlic and some of the hot peppers would make a bitchin bellpepper stew, together with some kielbasa or something similar.

How can anyone eat that much produce before it goes bad?

fry em, or better yet, grill em.

Good sidedish for meat.

I do not fry them in a lot of oil. Just a good non-stick pan. With like 5ml of olive oil on it. Adding some drops of oil on top from time to time as the oil evaporates.

>frying and eating plant dicks

make and freeze/can huge tomato sauces with most of that except
>Corn
>Cucumber
make corn bread from the corn and freeze what you dont use
pickle the cucumbers

Zucchini plants are beasts, they will take over the entire garden if you allow it

Zucchini fries

Make zoodle pasta it's amazing

> It looks like it is going to put out 3-5 a week. What should I do with all of this zucchini?

The tradition in suburbs is to leave them inside your neighbors' screen doors at night.