I could eat beef jerky every day for the rest of my life and not get tired of it

I could eat beef jerky every day for the rest of my life and not get tired of it.

Okay.

Amen

It makes my teeth feel funny when it's too dried out.

you'd get tired of it

way too expensive as main source of protein

OP, it's me, jerky. I'm sorry, but we can't see one another any more... You're sweet for saying so, but the truth is, I'm tired of you

Switching gears - what's a good minimalist recipe for beef jerky? Something where you could appreciate the taste of the meat instead of drowning it out with spice. I once made jerky out of corned beef and it came out breddy gud but very salty.

My jaw would wear out in a week if that's all I ate.

Weak boned faggot

shame i've never been able to find sugar free jerky.

jerky companies don't want low carb/keto dieter's money.

Stokkies and Biltong are better.

why is beef jerky so expensive REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I might as well buy fresh meat

Had some dried machaca from a few mex groceries and it did not taste like it had sugar in it.

Make it yourself mane

buy fresh meat, marinade ingredients, and a dehydrator.

Jack Links couldn't explain to me why their bags were $4.50 in 2015 but are $9 now.
They blamed the stores selling them, which was mostly a lie.

>buy a dehydrator
What a sucker.

An oven works just fine.

I'm curious too. Can we make it in the oven?

Oh nevermind, the frog answered my question

my oven always ended up doing too fast a dry and the meat got brittle. Maybe try an off oven with the fan on, but even on the lowest possible setting my oven was too warm.

The last time I made Jerky I set the oven for 250 degrees and it took about 7-8 hours per batch. It came out so much better than when I did the same with a dehydrator. I can't recommend buying a dehydrator to make jerky.