Pistachio stock?

So, I have a bunch of Pistachios, and I want to make a stock out of them to use in a Risotto... They are very high quality nuts, grown locally in the Central Valley of California.

Is making a Pistachio stock a good or bad idea?

I mean, I'd like to see you try, but I can't imagine it'd work.

I would just soak them, then cook and puree them into a sauce for your risotto. You can always add some water, wine, or broth to the sauce to thin it out to cook your rice in.

for how expensive they are, I'm sure you could find a much better use

Was thinking about processing them, and then using a french press to infuse the Pistachio powder into a veggie stock. Of course, this wouldn't be a Pistachio based stock.

Your idea is a good one, though...Definitely a fail-safe.

>10oz bag of Doritos- $3.50-$5
>1lb of high quality Pistachio- $10

How much stock do you think 1 pound of protein will yield lol

Would just be the same process as making a nut based milk

Did I say I was using 1 pound?

Please leave, no plebs allowed.

...so it will be expensive. Thanks for this entirely pointless string of replies.

The fact that you think it is expensive is completely irrelevant to the thread. Thanks for sharing your entirely worthless opinion.

>Pistachio
>Risotto
I can't imagine what's going though your mind to make you think gritty ground nuts with sloppy rice gruel would taste anything close to good.

What gives you the idea that there will be chunks of nuts?

Do you know what a strainer is?

you can mill pistachios gently into pistachio flour
I can imagine that working alright in a small quantity with risotto, but it might be better as a garnish

Also, I quite like Pistachios, and feel like they would go good with some of the cheeses I like.

Risotto seems like a good vehicle to deliver the two as one dish.

rough chopped pistachios and a bit of blackberry jam on a torched brie is god tier

I feel like it would be a better use of your nuts to make baklava and a better use of your rice to make literally anything other than risotto.

I can buy Pistachio Baklava from where I work... which I do a probably twice a week.

Why make a stock? The water will dilute the flavor.

Just grind them into a powder and add it to your finished soup.

Buy pistachio OIL

You will end up with a tasteless mash if you do it your way!

Pistachios are hot! Buy buy buy!

t. pleb """cook""" who has zero sense of refinement

in my experience pistachios are definitely a nice finishind touch for a risotto, can't imagine them going wrong as a main ingredient.
Grind them and make a puree, a stock will not take most of their flavour out.

make pudding, it's great
but too much pistachio pudding makes me feel sick

Yeah, I'm just going to do this.. Probably lightly toast them in a pan first, then blanch them for a few minutes.

Then christen my new food processor with them and some heavy cream.