Authentic Mexican cookbooks?

Is this Authentic Mexican food? Suggest some Mexican cookbooks, thx.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i8gO1j73XHQ
vimeo.com/83469358
youtube.com/watch?v=x7ftH4oXJg4
youtube.com/watch?v=os9IWN_hCuw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>authentic
>written in English

Because translations don't exist, right? Holy fuck you're retarded...

This place has been getting bad of late

Diana Kennedy is one of the authorities for decades now, James Beard winner and considered like the Julia Child of Mexico, not even exaggerating. She has multiple cookbooks and is a teacher as much as author.
Most of her cookbooks will be divided by regional cuisine. Pick any of them up as they have a similar topic, and won't just be about amazing oaxacan cuisine.
youtube.com/watch?v=i8gO1j73XHQ
vimeo.com/83469358
I would imagine she would be #1 most sought after cooking school invited guest for any topic mexican.

This one is highly rated too, and the octogenarian author has a pedigree a mile long: Mexico: The Cookbook by Margarita Carrillo Arronte

At some point, you explore regional food that interests you and find the videos showing techniques of what you really want, hopefully inspired by travel.
Sadly, though they are fun, if you are really schooled you'll spot problems with cookbooks from Bayliss or Feniger or Aaron Sanchez, and other TV chefs if you're really hoping for the authentic. But, their popularity means you can buy them used on Amazon for pennies. They're in abundance.

Jews and plain old white folks reaching for Mexican family secret recipes
Yea
Glwt

>Mexico: The Cookbook

Thank you for an actual response. The pic in OP is from that book, will buy it soon.

Will buy her book too, thank you.

If your tacos have anything but meat, cilantro, onions and radish in them they are not authentic
Tamales should have seasoned slow cooked shredded meat spiced up with cumin lime and salt
Tortas are self explanatory
Rice and beans go with everything

Videos are much more fun. Some are in spanish tho she's very easy to understand with well articulated expat spanish, not even fast.
youtube.com/watch?v=x7ftH4oXJg4
>
>Jews and plain old white folks reaching for Mexican family secret recipes
>Yea
>Glwt
Don't be so stupid. Jews have lived in Mexico since Colonial times, as did "white" europeans, and don't forget (or maybe you never knew) they were once ruled by Maximilian of the Hapsburg Dynasty of the Austro-Hungarian empire fame. I can tell you've never been to the DF or have a clue. Tacos al pastor is actually a lebanese and syrian jew origin, from 1930s immigration. If you saw either cookbook author give any talk in Mexico, you'd see every great chef in the city there grinning like fools of worship, with some from abroad. They're gods of mexican historical cuisine, true scholars.

Anything by Rick Bayeless who hosts a lot of PBS programs on Mexican cuisine, writes cook books, manages a few restaurants, and has a cooking youtube channel:
youtube.com/watch?v=os9IWN_hCuw

Get a koad of this guy

>great chef
>df
>clue

You are so off the mark on everything
Best food in mexico is in homes where its cooked with love and consideration
Df is a shithole maybe in detroit category of places to live, visit, much less to be from, as the saying goes killing a chilango is doing the nation some good
Fuck chilangoes
Clue into this my travels have me living all over the mexican countryside and state capitols for months and years at a time
Take two reality checks and call me in the morning

So do you have a cookbook rec or not? OP isn't going to travel around Mexico inviting himself into people's homes to learn from them.

Try minding your own damned business its for your own good
Faggot

You will never find authentic mexican food recipes in a cookbook, maybe an old one from the 30s but not in modern ones, specially the ones with words like "twist" or "modern" in dishes descriptions

>Tamales should have seasoned slow cooked shredded meat spiced up with cumin lime and salt
I gagged a little

Dont trust norteños, they only eat cheap meats and McDicks

You can find many quality and authentic dishes in mexico city, like white pozole in Garibaldi, authentic birria in La Polar and many more around the city

so is this close to authentic?

There is absolutely nothing that Veeky Forums considers to be authentic Mexican.

What if someone drew Bart Simpson smoking a joint with hot sauce on a tortilla

una vela is not mexican, it's a south american thing
the only meme the mexicans can produce is pretending to be americans on the internet to compensate for their irrelevant shithole country

It's not only Veeky Forums

You win a great award

Enjoy the free coin

>butthurt norteño
Fuck off m8, there is more authentic cousine in the entrance of a metro station than the whole north

lol

>cousine

Dont get anally annihilated tho

>kill a chilango and you'll make the nation a favor
>being this much of a faggot
What are you some poblano posh shitstain that doesn't realize norteños deem chilango everyone coming from the center part of the country, so you might as well be telling random people on the street you want to kill yourself? Or better yet are you some norteño buchón who never steps out of his ranch? Go sing narcocorridos and drink Buchanan's somewhere else you spiky-booted, tribal-dancing faggot. Get killed by some narco while you're at it.

>authentic mexican food
>lettuce

Dun fucked up son

Trips of truth

>Montegay on suicide watch

Bruh, theres a lot of mexican dishes that ought to have lettuce to be complete

>Flautas
>Pozole
>Pambazos
>Sopes
>Enchiladaa
Just to name a few

Funfact, el Bajio is so dirt poor they use cabbage instead of lettuce

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

>Enchiladas
>Lettuce

what on earth

Yeah, when you BUY enchiladaa in a fonda or the street you get lettuce in enchiladas so they look bigger, my aunt eats enchiladaa wrapped in romain lettuce leafs, he says it tastes fresher and lighter, pretty sure its his thing tho but looks appetizing

Fuck, i meant uncle

Look baby
Try again only make it sabroso k

>chilango
>center part of the country
Fuck off its only for capitalinos who typically act like know it all faggots
Knowing so little and acting like a decent refrence as usual get real
Mexicans making 250usd a month are not eating fancy overpriced stuff like 6 usd artisinal beers or 5 usd tacos or 80 dollar dinners

CHUY please ya basta con tus payasadas valen verga porque vales verga por cierto

>"The comments for this unwieldy book come from people who don't know or don't care about real Mexican food. With at least 60 mistakes and 16 recipes of mine used, without my permission or acknowledgement this book is not to be taken seriously. Shame on the Phaidon editors and their ridiculous promotional blurbs!" - Diana Kennedy's review of Mexico: The Cookbook

Rude