whip out those trusty bacon scissors

Carbonara eh?
Don't fuck it up
what's the EVOO for?
Why linguine instead of spaghetti?
Why no pancetta?

snibbity

PROTIP: you can use the handles on the pot as a handy spoonholder

I add a wee bit to the bacon. I prefer linguine and don't know where to find pancetta/guanciale.

This is my work space for grating cheese. If you're a beginner you may want a legal size work space, but letter works just fine for me.

cheese

Ahh, I always used clarified butter or nothing at all depending on how much fat renders, but I never need too much extra fat to coat the pasta/emulsify the sauce
I guess pancetta is a bit hard to find as well as guanciale. That's what I get for living next to a little italy

time to cook the 'guine

eggies

whites btfo

mix until it's so yellow it can't even be photographed

I ground some pepper over the bacon, it's hard to tell though. Me, I'm a 37 turns of the pepper mill kind of guy, but you can do 38 or 36 turns depending on your preference

why no egg whites tho?

I came up with this ingenious method for saving some of the pasta water, don't steal it!

>not adding pepper at the end
REEE IT'S GOING TO BURN
IF YOU WANT THE FRESH PEPPER TASTE YOU FOLD IT INTO THE PASTA AT THE END

I've been going back and forth on em, not sure what I like better. In another carbonara thread, somebody posted a video and it was all in Italian, and they didn't use egg whites, so I figured I'd try it out. Honestly, I don't think I'd be able to taste the difference in a blind test.

Mix the pasta water, bacon, and pasta, letting things cool down just a hair

oops, good to know in the future

adding cheese and eggs, nice and creamy (without cream!)

Using only yolks gives you a much richer sauce due to the lack of protein
If I were OP I would have used one more egg yolk for this batch size though

and serve with more parm on top (since what the fuck else am I gonna do with it)

Honestly the taller bowl makes it look a lot less creamy and saucy than it is, but it's still delicious. All my big pasta bowls are in the dishwasher.

Sauce looks a bit soupy
Try a little bit less pasta water, just enough to emulsify sauce
Also try a bit more yolk. Should have a really nice and thick custardy consistency, but pretty good all things considered
Didn't scramble the eggs so bonus points

Thanks for reading my thread bros, let me know if you have any hot carbonara tips that can make this taste even better.

Still looked pretty good man, I'm just glad you didn't intentionally add cream to set off some kinda shitstorm

>doi.org

IT Engineer?

TIPS:
>less water (mentioned above)
>more yolk (mentioned above)
>pepper at end (mentioned above)
>add some chopped parsley for color as garnish. Also adds a light, fresh flavor
Other than that it looks alright. Wouldn't pay for it, but really good all things considered.

Nah, I'm in a statistical consulting course, working on a helping a biologist understand and interpret some of their experimental data.
Thanks senpai.

I'll whip up some carbonara in a sec provided I have the pasta just to show you.
If not lurk here on thursday and I'll make some at work for the employees during my late shift. I'll use bacon and EVOO since I'm flat broke and can't buy anything better