Ask your delivery driver anything

Ask your delivery driver anything.

Why don't you have a real job? Where did it all go wrong?

It all started with one innocent puff of marijuana.

Do you do liver?

Where do I sign now?

of course sir/maam
anywhere is fine, it doesnt really matter unless there is a problem later

does anything ever "go missing"?
also, how much for a pallet of gyoza to "disappear"

What's your typical load that you carry? From migrants to baby wipes?

>it doesnt really matter unless there is a problem later

Uh, yeah... go talk to that guy [prep cook]; he's the one who will be putting it all away.

Anything as in 1 or 2 items in a large multi-pack that is easily made to look unopened and i know the customer wont count all of the items in said box before signing? Maybe.

"gyoza"? No idea what that is. Assuming its meme right now on /ck.

How often do boxes go missing?
Its piss easy to grab a few boxes and run off before you come back for more.

How bad is the turnover?

For months this year it was the one poor fuck training a new person every week. They'd be late and slow, but I'd always feel bad for the trainer. I heard from the newest guy that the hours can be murder.

what kind of stuff have you "found out later were accidently undelivered"
also gyoza you will probably know better as potstickers

Just about. Ive even found a 6" gecko in the back of the truck which i grabbed and placed gently about 10 feet from the truck.

Which one? There are like 5 Mexicans over there.

>Which one?

*awkwardly tries to remember his ""legal"" name*

"Um, just go ask that big guy in the blue shirt... he should know"

Why the fuck did you spit in my pizza

That's called freezer burn.

Hmm... that explains alot actually lol. Ive been doing deliveries for 15 years and have only noticed 1 case of food missing from the top of a stack so i guess ive been lucky.

Turnover is pretty high. Ive heard that only 1 in 5 new drivers make it past a year. Ive worked an 18.5 hour shift before and thought i was gonna die.
Aaah... i see. Considering 1 case of those are pretty heavy, a whole pallet is gonna cost you.
>accidently undelivered
As in, the customer payed for them but they were left on the truck? A few times for various reasons. If the customer was cool ill go back and redeliver it when i get a chance. If the customer was neutral ill write them a credit so at least they dont pay for it. If the customer was a dick they will pay for the missing case because they signed for it and deserved to be shorted it.

>As in, the customer payed for them but they were left on the truck? A few times for various reasons. If the customer was cool ill go back and redeliver it when i get a chance. If the customer was neutral ill write them a credit so at least they dont pay for it. If the customer was a dick they will pay for the missing case because they signed for it and deserved to be shorted it.
no I meant "accidentally undelivered" as in, you found it later at home

Refrigreated/frozen or normal? I don't know how it is on the driver side it was kinda absurd how much easier it was to unload and deal with the frozen stuff.

Naw, never taken a case home. Security checks our bags when we leave the property, so id have to stash a case somewhere before coming back to the yard, and then retrieve it after i leave, and that would be alot of work and kinda risky.

All of the above. Yeah id rather deliver frozen cases over the other types of cases any day. Plus when i open that freezer door and that blast of cold air hits me it feels kinda good.

What are your three greatest fears when on the job?

good question!
-Falling off the ramp and breaking my arm or something
-opening the back door and find my load has fallen over and im gonna have to write a bunch of credits to the customers for damaged cases
-falling asleep behind the wheel and causing a major accident

pls no

Why the fuck do you always have to deliver at 330 in the morning right when I'm in a rush to get the store ready to open? Can't you come like 30 minutes later?

Have you tried talking to your salesman?
If not, you could ask the driver to wait until you get the store open, and then you could offer him breakfast when are ready to receive the order.