I really wanted to like this...

I really wanted to like this. The word "overrated" is very over-used and it's really annoying when people have that attitude. In-N-Out is like a shittier Steak-n-Shake. It was even worse with "animal style."

I went there twice last week during my Los Angeles trip and apparently they don't have mayonnaise? WTF? You can get anything on a hamburger at Five Guys.

Again, I really hate these people who get all jingoistic about their local whatever, immediately dismissing the alternative because it's not what they grew up with or whatever, or calling things "overrated" just because they're popular. I hate being that guy.

In-N-Out is absolutely nothing special at all. I can't say it's "garbage" or anything like that, it's just not notable whatsoever. Jack in the Box should be the more famous west-coast franchise. It's way better and way more unique.
Except now we have them back east too. The east coast's reputation for having better pizza should extend to burgers as well.

Yeah they gotten pretty bad this past couple of years.

2/10 apply yourself and try again later

Fuck off retard

Shake Shack is the best burger chain fight me

try posting this on /b/ for your *LE GUARANTEED REPLIES!!! XDDDD*

But you're objectively wrong because animal style is the the GOAT and is the only reason to go there.

I'm from SoCal and I used to feel that it is overrated myself. However, I find it to be a much better burger than most mainstream fast food chains and it is fairly cheap to boot. Really, the fact that it isn't too expensive is probably what keeps me going back.

so you dont like it congratulations. who gives a fuck

>inn n out
>west coast
>despite no locations in oregon and washington
Nice try.

Guess you weren't around the Habit or the Counter or Nations, then. Oh well, your loss. Those are the best Best Coast chains.

>in-n-out hate thread
>free space
>cross out five guys, Steak 'n Shake, "overrated", and "animal style is bad"
Bingo

>habit
overpriced and not very good
>the counter
never had
>nations
very bland and not very cheap. Good size though and I usually go for breakfast and not their burgers

There's one in Oregon

Still wheres your Washington location? It's not west coast

they were only hyped up so much because they were so localized

i'm from texas and when i tried it back in like 2008 on a california trip, i was underwhelmed because whataburger is basically the same burger with more options

it's just the old bullshit about people feeling like the have to militantly defend and loudly proclaim how much they love their local stuff

when people say west coast they mean california. washington is flyover

They're all still better burgers than In-N-Out. I don't know what you ordered at the Habit, but any burger there is better than In-N-Out. Same with Nations or the Counter. And the fries are better too.

In-N-Out isn't amazing food, but its half the price of Five Guys for just a marginally worse burger

This

It's not as good as five guys but its cheaper, its pretty good for being cheaper than mcdonalds almost

This is what I've always said as well.
In-N-Out isn't amazing compared to some other chains, but it's not a bad burger for the price point.
I can go to 5-Guys instead and get a good meal, but you end up paying almost double what you do for In-N-Out.

you're just wrong...

seattle fags BTFO
hong kouver has become far more notable in the past 20 years

In n out was the best for me when i didnt barbecue. The only reason i go there is now for animal fries and to get a lot of sauce packets. I use those for the hamburgers i make

Is this place like Shake Shack the chain?
I remember when Shake Shack was starting to blow up and was only in NYC, I visited and was totally blown away. They've started expanding and came to a city I live in now and it was thoroughly mediocre but obviously better than shit like McD.

OP here. Disregard that, I suck cocks.

In-N-Out is a place where you can get a cheap 2 or 3 dollar burger that actually tastes somewhat decent. It's by no means high-end, it competes directly with franchises like McDonalds, Burgerking, etc.

Usually if people want a higher end burger in California they already know of an amazing local burger joint or settle for Fiveguys, Fatburger, Whataburger, etc.

That said, OP is a tard for comparing a economic burger with restaurant burgers.

>jingoistic
fuck off back to your nerd corner you shill faggot