POTLUCK TIME

POTLUCK TIME

I'm heading to a potluck on Saturday and I was asked to contribute a few dishes because they're probably gonna be short, and I got no idea what to make. Salads (all kinds) are boring and I don't want to make deviled eggs.

Anyone got any good suggestions or go-to dishes for this? I'm blanking and have no idea what to make, but it's gotta be served cold because it's a long drive and there's not gonna be any electrical outlets.

Other urls found in this thread:

midwestliving.com/food/entertaining/45-easy-potluck-recipes/
grouprecipes.com/9901/green-olive-and-dried-beef-cream-cheese-spread.html
pipandebby.com/pip-ebby/2010/11/26/pickle-roll-ups.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Huge pot of white rice, or some booze

Hold up let me google that for you phone fag.

midwestliving.com/food/entertaining/45-easy-potluck-recipes/

Enjoy the read for uninspired assclown.

>no discussion allowed

A good kale salad isn't boring, and green shit is usually appreciated at a potluck. Chop up some lacinato kale, literally massage it with the juice of a lemon and some olive oil and salt, let it sit a while and then add red onions, some kind of nut/seed (I usually go with slivered almonds), cracked pepper, and citrus of some kind (pomegranate seeds are great.) You can then toss in some fresh shaved parm or feta, or leave it on the side in case there are any vegans at the party.

That sounds pretty good actually and not typical, it's on the list.

Those aren't bad but you think I didn't already google it?
You fucks are more imaginative than any clickbait site, more trustworthy too.

Trust me, it's a winner. The kale is key when you're transporting it over a long time/distance, since it holds its texture more than other greens. But definitely get the lacinato kale as opposed to the regular curly kale, the flavor and texture is much better. You can also add croutons or breadcrumbs for more texture.

Alternate idea, bake some fresh bread or rolls. It's not too hard, and it also travels well.

You could make chicken marbella with chicken thighs and bone-in breasts. It's perfect for that sort of thing. You can make it the night before and serve it cold or at room temperature.

You could also do a simple rice pilaf. Alton Brown has a good, simple recipe if you google it.

Broccoli salad is good and not boring, and it will not go all wilty because the broccoli is raw. Look up Gordon Ramsays recipe.

You could also do a big pot of pulled pork made from shoulder and bring some bread rolls, sauce and cole slaw to have it with.

every holiday/get together my family makes a recipe very similar to this, ours is a little simpler (we just do olives, dried beef, and cream cheese with a little mayo to smooth it out)

grouprecipes.com/9901/green-olive-and-dried-beef-cream-cheese-spread.html

a friend brought this for a christmas party a few years ago and it was so ffffucken tasty. made it at home a few weeks later and only half of them actually made it into the dish, we just kept eating them as i finished preparing them

pipandebby.com/pip-ebby/2010/11/26/pickle-roll-ups.html

Bake something and make a dessert.
Make a salad anyway.
Make cliché BBQ meatballs or Lil' Smokies in BBQ sauce.
Don't make anything and buy something from a store deli in a large quantity.
Bring a vegetable or fruit tray.
Make "finger" sandwiches of any type or variety.

Potato salad
Macaroni salad
Pasta salad
Bean salad
Jello salad
Fruit salad
Pretzel salad
"Asian" salad

do you have anything in mind at all?

are you supposed to bring like appetizers or mains or what? is there a theme?

i usually bring cheese stuffed meatballs (already browned) and then bake them when i get to the hosts house

club sandwhiches

No theme, the wedding invitation just says 'bring a dish for the potluck' and when I inquired further they just said bring whatever, they're making sure everything important is being covered.

I'm going to a wedding potluck next Saturday and need to bring a dish

> tfw I always just bring potato salad and coleslaw anyway

Some has to, it is a staple.

That salad looks awesome, I've never seen black olives in a mac salad before I think I'm going to steal it

>being mindful of vegans

Deviled eggs are usually a hit. Just make sure to have a bowl larger than the plates that you can fill with ice and have the plate sitting on so the food poisoning autists don't point and scream.

I usually make some carrot fritters. It's a side dish but vegetarian and tasty, so people are usually pretty happy about it.

how about a chip/veggie and dip platter? Creamy artichoke spinach dip, buffalo chicken dip, hummus, french onion dip