Al/ck/ alcohol

Al/ck/ and alchohol genrlasl
whe ndi y ou realize how fucked you wjere and that you basicaly couldnt even fix it
only making this thread because last oine was page 9 and nobody was making it and it n want to set preckdendent to link new threads iun old threads ok

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mrrca_PmViw
youtube.com/watch?v=ah5gAkna3jI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

All I got is a box of wine. I wonder if the headache this mediocre stuff will give me is worth drinking more.

How do I reduce my tolerance?

Already drinking more calories of booze than food, so eating less won't help.

I've stopped drinking for two weeks at a time but within two days of drinking again I'm back up to two bottles of wine and a sixer to even get a fair buzz.

I can't believe I've let things get this far. What have I done ffs

Day 2 withdrawal now. 9am, zero sleep, feeling worse and worse.

>Buy a handle because "Oh I'll be able to control myself, and this will save money"
>Drink half the fucking jug when I normally only drink half a fifth
>Blew out my entire day today trying not to die
fuck

uh...so bartender that i've never seen before gave me this as a gin and tonic

made a joke about "got enough limes in there?"

they didn't respond...guess this is how they make their drinks?

cost me $10

>$10 for a gin and tonic
Yeah they're just trying to dupe idiots into paying more by making it look fancy

I don't drink very much but am addicted to weed, can I post here too?
I'll start drinking if that's what it takes.

no

pot smokers are degenerates

DUDE

>alky drinking himself to death
>"stupid stoner degenerate scum"

Anyone feel like greentexting their withdrawals?

>Skin is dry, face is red
>Stomach hurts
>Body smells (not like BO, like i'm sweating out alcohol metabolites)
>Nausea
>Anxiety
>Heart is racing
>ANXIETY
>And the worst one
>Want a beer

This is getting out of hand

You need to stop drinking for a shit long time, a few weeks won't cut it

I try really hard not to get any kindling shit that will eventually literally give me brain damage
I either drink daily or drink daily just not as much as kind of tapering off.
I really don't want to end up in the "if you stop drinking there's a 90% chance you will die" category

All of that plus loads more. So many that I keep forgetting loads. But definitely puking, horrific insomnia, closed and open eyed hallucinations, ridiculously vivid nightmares, intense confusion, intestinal and lung pain, fever, trembling, teeth chattering... pretty sure I'm forgetting loads. It's a lot worse than coming off heroin.
What day are you on? Day 2 here

Day 1. Had my last beer at 7pm after eating.

My hangovers/withdrawals were much worse when I was on vodka instead of beer.

I've been drinking between 8-20 beers a night for the past week or longer, cant remember. Now that i'm out of beer, I feel the withdrawal setting in.

Stop going cold turkey you idiots

I always do it that way. If I try to taper I just end up getting rekt.
Good luck user.

>I always do it that way.

Well you're getting brain damage every time you do it

Well it's either that or get brain lesions from drinking. I've already had irreparable brain damage diagnosed by mri. Tapering never works for me.

So guys, I'm on day uh... three withdrawaling... was in the er day one. I've been trying to sleep more through what is probably the 150th withdrawal in my life, because the dreams.... sometimes they're amazing, like when I wake up all I want is to fall back to sleep and just stay there in them.... forever, then I'll nod off... AND HORRIFIC NIGHTMARE again.... so I've decided, with what brain or life I have left, I'm going to write a series of short stories... or one big one, not sure how that works.

"Ten minute skits, a journey through alcohol withdrawal"

Being that you really only sleep for minutes at a time in withdrawal, seems fitting. I have storys of dreams of my own, mostly the nightmares i've written out a little. does this sound fucking stupid? am I really losing my mind?

-guy who was hearing gin blossoms in the motherboard for two days a month ago

Be strong, I'm five days sober. Depends on how bad your drinking was. I could do 750mL a night of bourbon. It took three days to go back to normal for me.

I'm on day 5. And I feel normal. Cardio helps wonders, lads.

>/alc/ thread
>OP is drunk-written
Now that's an /alc/ thread

You can, some will hate you, some will love you, this is Veeky Forums.

>I've stopped drinking for two weeks
That's basicaly how you lower tolerance. Do it longer.
>but within two days of drinking again I'm back up to
Well, if you want to maintain low tolerance, don't drink daily.

Well, there are stupid books everywhere, at worse yours is one of them.
I stopped liking scary stories since my withdrawals. I fear I'll see the monster from TV coming at night for me. But there is a public for that obviously.

>stopped liking scary stories
Same. I can't watch horror movies now. Even the tiniest hint of anything sinister (seriously, some kid in a Halloween mask is enough) and I generally throw up and can't get it out of my mind for months on end. I'm going slowly insane.

Holy shit! Does anybody here even enjoy drinking anymore? Or has this place become an AA meeting for people who decide to take a trip to DT town because they never heard about coming back to sobriety gradually?

Regardlesa of that, it's 5 am where i live right now, been up for 3 days on a mixture of rum, beer, weed, ciggarretes and few bumps of meth. Enjoying my unemployment and waiting for the sunrise while I drink a cheap beer with a rum chaser. Life has been worse.

Hey uh, any of you guys have experience with puking up blood? like, lots and lots of blood to the point where you're just projectile vomiting blood and what I think were little blood clots?

No, just flecks. That sounds unhealthy.

Go to a hospital, you might have internal injuries and/or drank away your stomach lining.

See a doctor, preferably in a hospital, and do it today.
This is obviously not something that goes away if you ignore it.

Most people in these threads are people in their mid-to-late 20's who are now realizing they've got an intense addiction to alcohol once nobody would party with them anymore, and are struggling to kick the habit.

Fuck. fuck. What happens once your stomach lining is gone, I'm assuming it isn't a good thing

Man, Gwyneth Paltrow tends bar now.

If your stomach lining were entirely gone, it'd be the equivalent of drinking bleach. Your stomach would eat itself.
That'd be incredibly hard to do though, most likely you have a couple nasty ulcers from fucking up your stomach lining in a couple spots, and it's just bleeding into your stomach a lot.

Go to the hospital, they'll give you some meds and REALLY strong antacids to basically make your stomach stop poking holes in itself, and then you'll have to take a bunch of bullshit and restrict everything you eat and drink for the next 3 months while you let your lining regenerate itself.

If I stop drinking for 2 months am I still an alcohol?

If I stop drinking for 8 hours every day, does that mean I'm not an alcoholic

Depends on who you ask.
A lot of people are under the retarded idea that "you'll always be an alcoholic, even if you stop drinking"
But generally speaking if you can stop for prolonged periods of time its not an issue. Kind of like how if you cant stop buying cigarettes, you're addicted. But if you just smoke because you enjoy it and can go weeks without having one, then there's no issue.

Got that right. It heals back, I think it does, but beyond that what it means for now is that your stomach is no longer going to have what it takes to process foods. Or you might have an ulcer un your stomach from the alcohol. Were you drinking paint thinner or somthink horrible like that?

Your stomach lining is what keeps the hydrochloric acid inside the stomach instead of letting it out into the rest of your body. Take a guess.

Yeah, fair point. I guess that if you equate drinking to partying it can be very hard to know when your drinking starts to be a problem. I'll add that to the list of advantages of drinking alone.

Thanks, that really got my hopes up

Reminds me to pour one out for the Wine and Spirits guy down the rode.

He sold wine and liquor in a relatively nice area. Problem was this is Cincinnati, Ohio. This city is SATAN when it comes to liquor licenses. Especially selling it. Even big name entrepreneurs who come here to set up restaurants that serve alcohol get their shit pushed in.

In the end Wine and Spirits guy just couldn't afford to pay all the fees. He closed in march to switch to a wine only format. (The hard stuff is where they kill you.) but sadly he could not recover any feasible business model and his business never reopened.

I like a description Doug Stanhope once gave, the gist of which was
>Practice excess in moderation, not moderation in excess
>Don't drink 4 beers every day for a month, that's fucking stupid. You won't get drunk that way. Wait until it's the end of the month, buy a couple cases of beer, and just slam those cans of pisswater down your face for 3 days straight.

oh hey i found the exact video
youtube.com/watch?v=Mrrca_PmViw

Stanhope is great. One of the best as far as I'm concerned. Thanks for reminding me he exists, gonna find a full show of his on youtube.

I feel so fucking unhappy without alcohol. I don't enjoy anything, just sit alone waiting around to die. god dammit I'm so obviously going to relapse. really don't want to do it to my family.

Give it more time. You have to reset your baseline of whats "enjoyable". Drugs make fuckin everything amazing, so when you stop taking them everything sucks. You need to reset your standards.

Sigh. Feels like it'll never work, largely because my binging over the last 2 years was so intense that I'm the midst of it, I lost nearly everything. Health, money, girl, drivers license and god knows what else. Now I have to confront that stuff sober. Fucked.

Trick with wine is go for the dry varieties. Sweet wine gets you a headache

dry wines taste 1000 times better than sweet wines anyway

I'm not nearly on the level you guys are, since I only drink on the weekends, but I'm going to try to go without booze this weekend.

I just feel bad because I've been doing it steadily for a few months, and I always drink by myself because all of my friends either moved away, or are pussywhipped by their gfs who don't like to leave the house on the weekends so we never do anything social. Also my gf doesn't drink. I end up getting smashed by myself, ordering a pizza and playing a video game or watching Netflix. It's become a tradition I think I need to break before it gets worse. Wish me luck.

>sore hair
>uncomfortable restlessness
>Anxiety
>So much sweating
>The fear
>Soak the bed in Sweat

>Anxiety every time I get a pang of pain where my organs are.
>Restless Sweaty Discomfort
>Blood pressure is a rollercoaster
>Heart Palpitations
>7 days awake on meth style hallucinations
>Anxiety

bought a six pack of this at a gas station and went through it after an hour or two, didn't realize it was 7.7%, didn't even taste like it. could've bought like 4 24oz cans of hurricane/olde english/steel reserve for the $10 I spent and I would've been in bed by now asleep.

4pm, day 2, still no relapse, seizures or extreme DT's. Getting there. Hope all you other anons on the wagon itt are still clinging to your sanity.

I'm not an alckie, but I went overboard on boxed wine last week. Don't do it. Worst hangover I've had in a long time.

It's fine if you want a buzz, but don't drink two bottles' worth.

I just really want a beer

Whoa, nigga. You gonna get a KUI if you don't lay low.

If you're anything like me, within 2-3 days that one beer will have been replaced by you waking up twice a night to chug vodka just so you don't start withdrawing.
Fucking hell, I really do loathe alcohol. I can't take it any more.

You guys should get a "withdrawal kit" before you do this. Get some opiates, benzos, kratom, ambien, whatever. I went through WD on something (not alc) a couple weeks ago, and had a few of those things handy, and I only experienced a couple hours of nagging anxiety and restlessness a couple of days. Felt totally normal by day 7, and had been able to work at 90% capacity the previous few days.

Granted, what I was doing wouldn't produce WDs as bad as advanced alcoholism, but get drugs to help if you have contacts.

Would love for that to work, but I don't stop after 3 days. I figure most true al/ck/s couldn't.

Thing is, heroin doesn't help one bit (don't like the stuff anyway, nearly killed me too many times and hugely overrated imo) and given how hopeless I am at avoiding a relapse very soon after a detox, I'd end up using shitloads of benzos and end up addicted to those cunts too.

opiates don't really work at all for an alcohol withdrawal, i've bought lorazepam(knocks you out quick, short duration), klonopin(longer lasting, weird side effects) and xanax bars from friends/people for alcohol withdrawal and the xanax with some gabapentin and indica weed worked the best.

Surprised. Seems like opis would be perfect for alc WD since they wrap you in a warm blanket that keeps our anxiety stress and makes the world just seem right.

Yeah--benzos can be addictive is shit, but the trick would be just to buy enough to get you through 3-5 days, however long the bad part of the WD is. You'll still crave them the first day you stop taking them, but it won't be a real WD like from a longterm habit.

Anyway, good luck with your WD.

No, i fucking hate drinking. I hate that i can't stop. I hate all the dumb embarrassing things i do when I'm drunk. I hate waking up feeling like shit. I just cannot sleep if i don't drink and i get manic, start having crazy thoughts about doing bad things. The only way i can calm down and sleep is by drinking. And no, weed doesn't help me. I'm probably the only person that gets super hyper on weed. That and it makes me anxious and paranoid

My withdrawals, which have changed over my 10+ years of binge drinking...

>wake up on the floor after 5-8 750's
>oh fuck I woke up
>chest pain
>anxiety
>where's that music coming from
>computer is off, everything is off
>THE FEAR IS LITERALLY THE FUCK
>sweating to death
>body heating up, oh fuck should I drink more
>face getting sunburn from south FL hot
>skin starts drying out from the toxins my liver is no longer filtering right
>weird hair feeling
>mind going 10000 mph
>decide I'm gunna suffer it again, get out dick
>rip dick apart for hours on end can't cum because too fucked
>eat/drink/water=puke
>day later, fucking seeing shit in the corners
>hearing that damn gin blossoms music again from the computer

this time I ended up in the er, which I posted earlier. I'm sure it gets worse, i guess, but I can't imagine being more fucked over

Get out.

>>mind going 10000 mph
This is the hardest part of withdraw for me. My mind becomes Nascar. Nightmares, hot-cold, insomnia, phantom pain I can deal with....but my brain just goes crazy and it's like I can't STOP thinking.

Then the cravings come
>Maybe if I just had a couple drinks my brain would slow down to a reasonable pace.
I can't get past this point.

I"m saying dude... drives me insane. I get past it, but this is what it feels like for me:
youtube.com/watch?v=ah5gAkna3jI

That was the same problem for me. I found that weed helped a lot with that.

>Maybe if I just had a couple drinks my brain would slow down to a reasonable pace.
That does work, but you need to be careful not to jump back into a drinking binge.

What helped me stop drinking was to taper off. If I tried to outright quit after a lot of heavy drinking I had a hard time doing that. But if I cut back the drinks slowly then I got around that problem. For example, if you were having 10 drinks a day then cut back to 8 for the next couple of days. Then 6. Then 4, etc.

Can't imagine what you alcohol addicts go through trying to quit or whatever, I'm trying to quit weed rn and doing an alright job. Sort of happy I've hardly ever drank in my life

NOTHING IS FUN WHILE SOBER. Fucking NOTHING. All my go-to time killers are SHIT.
Omg, never been sober long enough to experience PAWS but I bet it's something like this.

I have that too, just a bottle of beer and I'll be alright.. 3 hours later and I'm barely keeping my eyes open, realizing I drank enough to keep two people drunk the whole night

I know where you're coming from. I seem to enjoy everything more when I'm buzzed. It lets my brain slow the fuck down and actually appreciate shit.

>trying to drink less
>trying to eat less
What the fuck is even the point in living right now?

I'm doing the same. It'll be worth it once you start seeing progress. With both it gets super hard for the first week then it gets progressively easier.

Anyone try the new Colt 45 "pile driver"?

Not going to lie, life never stops being about looking for the next gratification once you do change your habits. But at least a certain one won't control you, or perhaps a less devastating one.

I was going to ask you anons what liquor I should buy on my own for the first time but this thread looks like alcoholic anonymous so now I'm reconsidering. I spend a lot of weekends alone...figure vodka would be good for a couple shots while gaming.
I've drank with friends lots of times but never paid attention to the bottles. Gin and vodka were the most enjoyable but I dunno the brands. Malibu Cocunut Rum with pineapple juice was great to me but not very strong. Fuck if it's a girly drink, that shit teleported me to a tropical island.

JaegerBombs

>5-8 750's

bull shit you would drink 5+ FIFTHS OF LIQUOR

I used to read these threads religiously, now I've been occupying that time reading William S Burroughs' Junky
seems healthier

Just bought 3 cans of 0.5ml 7% proof beer. Haven't drank in a while so it will make me fairly plastered.

I realized I had a problem with alcohol because my father has it, and his father too. I try to limit it but today and for the past few days I had no happiness in my life. I know these will make me feel good for the night.

i think one of my front teeth just came a bit loose
im scared to touch it or do anything

So, about a pipette then? Wish I shared your tolerance.

Clearly I do not, because 3 hours short of midnight (on day 2 sober) I've just downed close to 700ml of vodka.

I suck at sobriety.

I've already lost 2 teeth because of gums receding past the root, at least another 5 have like a millimetre to go.
Teeth are in perfect health ironically, gums on my back teeth are destroyed beyond repair.

Just to clarify, your obvious typo said half a mil. Just made me let out a drunken laugh, but now I'm worried you didn't notice and think I'm legit tolerance-shaming you.
Enjoy your buzz. After two days of fucking nightmarish WD I'm def enjoying mine.

Been drinking 4 to 6 9%alc beers daily for the past decade. I sometimes skip a few days but never get withdrawals...how much do you guys drink ?

I actually just got on to ask one of you to bring me your booze

I remember drinking 3 tenants super when I was 15 and being so ill I slept behind a road sign, covered in vomit, whole world spinning. iirc they were 9% at 500ml. Now though all I'll drink is vodka, typically about a litre and a half, more if I've been eating for a few consecutive days. I'm in a lot of pain, but stopping is ferociously hard.

How can you drink a 1.5L of vodka? How do you function at work the next day, seems crazy to me.

Those 4-6 beers (usually La Fin du Monde or Trois Pistoles) get me drunk enough to sleep well and not be fucked in the morning. I also eat a couple of hours before bed so I don't feel too fucked...

My tolerance has been rising gradually for almost 1/4 century, and I don't work, I don't really leave the house at all, I rarely even get out of bed. Bathroom, kitchen, front door to accept deliveries or remove empty bottles, a pc, shitloads of booze and a phone; that's pretty much my life, and it's the way the police will one day find my corpse.
It has its perks though.

>Wake up at 9am
>Walk into living room
>Piss all over the floor
>Go back to bed
...why did I do that

Jesus Christ, I'm by no means a role model but this sounds depressing. What are those perks you speak of?

>perks?
It helps that I do nothing but cosy up under my duvet getting drunk and fucking about online. Sounds great on paper, no? It's not bad even in practice.

I didn't sleep last night due to WD, but I've just hungrily chugged a bottle. Don't know why I ever bother trying to stop. Anyway, I quit the WD as usual so I feel cosy as almighty hell at this moment. This isn't a bad life really.
Got to fall asleep now.

laughed.

I drink six beers every day, usually more in the weekends. I don't like going without it but I can easily. It's a good life of middle ground, and I have the comfort of knowing that if my girlfriend dies or leaves me I can slip into full on alcoholism, which is how I lived before I met her.

Try to get into hobbies. I picked up my guitar again and started going on long hikes. I used to drink 10 plus drinks every day off of work, then some. I know the feeling of being so bored and depressed, just staring at a wall.

God damn man the smell and anxiety FUCK

The anxiety is like nothing I've ever known. It's literally insanity once it reaches medical delirium. Normies have no idea.

I also do that but I pretend to be a nurse for 40hrs/week. I work nights so most of my time at work is spent reading books / lurking. I mean sure it's great on paper but I just feel desperate and useless if I don't get out of the appartment every now and then.

Plus I need money so I can be a good goy consumer...and to buy alcohol...at 18$ a 6pack it gets expensive quick