Snacks

What's your snack?
As a person that works +6 hours in OR small bag of peanuts and chocolate bar and coke is perfect.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK22436/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gluconeogenesis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is the "sugary food is fuel for brain" a meme or is it actually real? Also I rarely ever snack, like twice every year.

>sugary food is fuel for brain
Sugary food rise blood sugar fast, and your brain can only utilize sugar as an energy source.

I used to have junk snacks until my teeth ruined.
Now I eat some nuts, or make sure to brush my teeth right away.

Oh, good choice. I'll have some strawberries or apple slices with mine.

>As a person that
nobody cares. stop.

>I rarely ever snack
Why post in a thread about snacks just to tell people you don't snack? Did someone at home not give you enough attention today?
You're probably a vegan, that's the only explanation.

a small bowl of well done oatmeal is a fantastic snack.

Brushing your teeth right after eating/drinking sugar or acid will wear your enamel away faster

I don't snack

A cup of whole carrots, peeled and cut into bite size pieces.

Cheaper and less processed than baby carrots, and only 30 calories per 2.75 oz serving

I don't snack. I'm the only one in my family who doesn't. Also I'm the only one in my family who isn't fat. Pretty sure there's a correlation.

I don't snack. If I do, I end up snacking all the time and doubling my calorie intake for the day.

Chili roasted grasshoppers

>hurr look at me guys, i'm gonna come into a what's your snack everyone and inform everyone that I in fact don't snack! Pretty fucking awesome huh?? XD

What crawled up your add and died?

Well look at all the foods in OP pic. Aside from the pistachios none of that shit is real food. It's the kind of stuff no one really has a reason to eat, ever. And it's also the kind of stuff that eating on a regular basis will make you fat if you're eating it in addition to normal meals. It's the worst kind of food.

>Whats your favorite snack?
>no

Then suggest a healthy snack like Snacking isnt unhealthy. Eating too much unhealthy food is unhealthy, whether its in-between meals or part of your meal.

Snacking isn't healthy. No one who snacks is looking for healthy snacks unless it's out of guilt for being a fatass. The whole point is a completely unnecessary rush of fat and salt when you're not even really hungry. It's a low rent form of gluttony encouraged by the companies that make "snack foods".

It really only makes sense for kids who are still growing so they get hungry between meals. A snack is something you give to a hungry kid when lunch or dinner is still an hour or two away. Adults snacking is just gluttony.

>baiting this hard
alternatively
>actually being this autistic

I get quite a bit of pleasure from getting hungry then cooking and eating a meal. Snacking ruins that experience. Snacking also makes me feel like crap, honestly. Delayed gratification is fun in a dull world.

What's it like to be retarded?

or
>not being a glutton
Not a fatty, that's for sure.

>Go on calorie deficiet diet
>This creates cravings
>Eating something like lettuce thats less than 10 calories / cup eliminates these cravings

How is eating a sub-2000 calorie diet every day make someone a glutton?

Bait or not, Ill fight you all night brah. Theres fatties on this board that cant afford to be decieved into thinking eating healthy snacks (in moderation) is a bad thing,

I'll grant you snacking makes sense on a restricted calorie diet. But most folks who snack are not on such a diet. Most folks snack mindlessly because they're bord at their desk or in front of the TV, and you know it.

>Most folks snack mindlessly
That is different, Ill agree.

Im just saying there IS such a thing as healthy snacking.

I just made roasted cinnamon chickpeas and they're great

Peanuts and cashews. Pickles occasionaly. Potato chips if I'm feeling cheeky.

What's the texture of a rosted chickpea like? The main appeal of chickpeas to me is that weird play-doh like texture.

foodwisheson youtube has a good recipe for roasted chickpeas. im pretty sure they basically just turn into chips basically. they get crunchy as fuck all the way through.

Right now I have some that are really crispy and some other that are crispy outside and soft inside because i took them out a bit too early out of the oven.

I like both texture to be honest.

They don't taste pea at all either. But that's maybe because I put twice as much cinnamon than the recipe suggested.
I'll definitely make them more often.

>brain can only utilize sugar as an energy source
wrong.

>Im just saying there IS such a thing as healthy snacking.
Agreed, but almost no one snacks like that. Bacon can be totally healthy as well, if you're using it to add some much needed fat to a spare diet so you don't starve to death during the winter. But no one eats it like that today.

>wrong
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK22436/

whole plant foods, not nutrient poor garbage

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gluconeogenesis

>results in the generation of glucose
>glucose

Gluconeogenesis =/= sugary food

i make my own jerky to have as a snack. Seasoned with salt, pepper and just a bit of chilli, no sugar or anything.

Invest in a decent dehydrator. Dehydrate pineapple slices with a small bit of ground cinnamon dusted over them. cheap and you get loads from 1 pineapple.

Make your own spiced nuts. mix;

> Medium curry powder
> Allspice
> Salt + fine ground pepper

Mix with water to form a light paste, toss in the nuts and make sure they're all covered. Onto a baking try and into the over for about 10 mins to bake on the coating.

Snacks are literally the easiest of meals to make.

>Be Yank
>decide to bake a cake
>buy box of cake mix
>buy tub of icing
>pass it off as your own

Apples, cucumbers, or wheat/rice crackers with hummus or avocado on it. [spoiler]Or a handful of nacho cheese doritos.[/spoiler]

Someone explain why I can use the spoiler shorthand key if they aren't enabled on this board.

Not really a snack but nothing can top a handful of salted peanuts with a cold beer.
Don't eat those at a bar tho.

Celery

I like moist snacks like cottage cheese. Eating peanuts, while tasty, isn't really satisfying so it just makes me angry. Can anyone else recommend some non dry snacks that will satisfy but aren't loaded with calories?

It used to be nachos, chocolate, doritos, and energy drinks.

Now it's just water, rice cakes, and jerky.

It's so fucking boring..

Lettuce or spinach have ridiculously low calroies.

Carrots are good for munching on raw.

Thats all Ive been snacking on lately, but I imagine most veggies should be similar.

I used to snack on fruit a lot until I started counting calories. The natural sugar in them, imo, actually makes fruit a bad choice for a low cal snack. Just one banana or a box of raisens is already around 100 calories. If you plan out multiple snacks a day like I do for my work breaks, it adds up fast.

Also to add on, if you keep your veggies fresh theyll be moist.

Nuts, usually.

Sometimes olives, or a cup of cherry roma tomatoes.

got em!

>spacing

Heres a little secret most of Veeky Forums hasnt seemed to figure out yet.

Spacing has nothing to do with "reddit" and Im not even sure how that meme started.

Its the best way to make non-short posts not look like ass when phoneposting. Not everyone here is a NEET. Most of the time, a well spaced post is a phone poster.

>hurr durr, I didnt say reddit
We all know what shitty meme youre baiting with

Meme

Chicken tenders and veggie chips aren't bad... Are those almonds back there? Anyway