What is Veeky Forums's number?

What is Veeky Forums's number?

For me it depends on the cut, but on average, I like number 3. 2 sometimes, again, depending on the cut.

If I'm using my favorite sauce on it (like i would on a grocery store sirloin) then #4

If the steak is good enough to eat on its own, #3.

For me it's a 6. I actually like my food cooked instead of raw

Those look like ass. The "rare" #2 is seared on the outside but still raw ("blue rare") on the inside.

I go for a true rare, not a "we don't know how to cook" rare.

>meat

2, 3 at most.

>Those look like ass. The "rare" #2 is seared on the outside but still raw ("blue rare") on the inside.
No it's not, if there is pink, it isn't blue rare.

Rare means warm red center with pink edges, blue rare is red lukewarm throughout, no pink.

Enjoy your tapeworms

You're retarded.

>The CDC estimates that fewer than 1,000 people in the United States are infected with a tapeworm each year.

And the majority are far more likely from pork, not beef.

Not to mention, freezing the beef for more than a week will usually kill the eggs of a tapeworm before cooking anyway.
If you seriously think you're at ALL likely to get a tapeworm in your LIFE in the united states, you're a paranoid cuck.

>user purposefully gives himself a higher probability of getting a tapeworm
>I give myself a 0% chance of a tapeworm
>I'm the cuck
How's mental gymnastics class treating you?

3 o 4

Roomie that does all our summer BBQing likes 7/8 range.

You don't have a zero percent chance you fuck wit, if you honestly think that then you have NO idea how tapeworms are spread.

Jesus, just kill yourself you paranoid fuck.

Lol? I know you're probably trolling, but why the fuck would I eat a steak cooked so it tastes like leathery ass, when I can have a rare steak that tastes amazing and doesn't have tapeworms because i'm not a poor sack of shit living in Ecuador.

The fact you're even bringing up tapeworms means you're either a troll, or more likely a paranoid germaphobe or similar. Out of 300,000,000 people in the country, less than 1000 per year have tapeworms, of them, less than 50 have serious complications cause from the tapeworm, of them.

From 1990-2002, 221 cases of tapeworms causing human death in the US were recorded, of those 86% of those patients were from Latin america. California had 60% of all cases, by far the most of any state. Only 33 of the 221 deaths were US born citizens.

Thats because most americans microwave their steak to well done and eat it with ketchup

Depending on the cut and my thoughts regarding the quality, generally 2, but 1 if I think the particular piece of meat is of particularly high quality and I think it'll be prepared well by the staff. I always go for 2, regardless of quality when doing it at home, because frankly I've never successfully produced a decent crust for 1.

ZERO is the only ethical choice.

>nigger

no thanks

>no thanks

fuck off racist euroshit.

that's not pink though, it's just plain gelatinous red raw.

Rascist? Me? I dindunuffin.

6, sometimes 5 if it's thin.
Ketchup or Bearnaise is a must.

I like how California had most of the cases because of all the Mexicans in the state.

I could eat anything from 2 to 4, I'd prefer 2 or 3 though

I hate how we pretend that shitskins are real people

>I eat steroids for breakfast

Gr8 b8 m8

I mean I don't pretend since I live in California and we are having fun times with diseases that haven't been in the US in like 50 years and lots o foodborne illness outbreaks thanks to juan not being able to wash his hands or food safety. Like 8 people just got botulism from gas station nacho cheese sauce, not saying they didn't deserve it since they did for getting nacho cheese from a sketchy gas station but how in the fuck

Eating raw beef doesn't really scare or bother me but these steaks look like shit.
It looks like some retard pulled them out of the fridge and cooked them straight away.

>thanks to juan not being able to wash his hands or food safety

Dumbufk

Doesn't matter if it's Jerome, DaNiqua, or Jose making your food.

low quality people are going to fuck up your food no matter what.

Thank fucking good we are moving to automation soon...

The $15 minimum wagers did a great job of making themselves obsolete.

Yes no shit but in California we only have Juans, DaNiqua works for the gov't. I cannot wait for automation since then I can punch in what I want and not have some spic fuck up an incredibly simple order. Just fucking let me send my order from my phone like chick fil a.

I like 6, with a lot of ketchup.

I'm legit afraid I'd lose a tooth on everything more done than rare. Anything beyond medium rare is not fit for chewing.

>1
What's the point?

Elephants eat steroids?

Gotta cover up that burnt taste with something I guess.

I see you're a man of flavor as well.

Regular medium for me.

>low quality people are going to fuck up your food no matter what.

Honestly, this is why I avoid fast food... and those are the niggers who actually care.

Imagine what the niggers who DON'T care will do to your fucking food.

A lot of people swear by 2, and that anything else is over done. Personally like a 4. Its safe to order anywhere, kind of hard to fuck up in terms of under or over doneness. If I can be guaranteed it, I like a 3, but sometimes someone who doesn't know how to cook plates the steak cold.

2 or 3

4 or 5

Between 2 and 3 for me.

4 or 5
not because I'm afraid of food poisoning or anything, I just think a plain raw slab of meat is kind of boring
a steak tartare is much nicer as far as raw meat is concerned

Three and a half, the end

1-3 are differing levels of blue rare

Medium rare cooked properly looks like this

lol? no.

Medium rare is warm red center with a clear pink outer ring before the sear.

Definitely not; you're supposed to let the steak rest for exactly this reason.

No, Medium is defined as pink and firm, as you see there.

Medium rare is warm red center and firm.

Rare is red center and soft

blue rare is very red throughout.

your chart is objectively wrong. pic related is the real chart.

4-6

>cut
Those arent cuts

1 and 2 looks like it wasn't cooked at all. Too rare of steak doesn't really have any flavor.

1-2 at most

That looks delicious.

Between a 3 and 4 is best for standard steaks, between 4-5 for tips.

Anything less tastes like shit.

Sure is summer in here.

How cheap is your steak that rare or medium rare somehow has LESS flavor than medium well to well done?

Where do vegan body builders get the 100g of protein they need per day without whey?

I would be in between 3 and 4

3 or 4 depending on the meat....

Which is winning? 3?

only sane person in thread

2, sometimes 3

a nice 4-5 is ok too

fuck 6 tho

1 and only 1 has the purity of the natural flavor of the beef

3 most of the time but I'll do 2 on occasion.

I try to cook mine right there and if I order in a restaurant, I always ask for medium rare. That way if they over or undershoot, it's still edible.

5-6 is the only way.

medium well is the only correct answer

1 with lots of ketchup.

1-3

Well done steak is a good steak.
>eating raw food
literally subhuman behaviour

charred is the only way to go desu

>All these well-done apologists

I blame /pol/ and it's "EPIC POLITICAL MAYMAYS" for attracting a bunch of flyovers and 50-year-olds to this site.

No one cares about your opinion or your butthurt.

Yeah you get 'em Gerald! Tell that NIGGER to go back to his place!

you are such a crybaby faggot. This is becoming the cringiest board of them all. I was gonna point out how bad well done is until I read your little gay post. Drown in semen already.

2-4. I dont order below medium rare if Im not somewhere quality, but my preference is rare.

5 to 6, I've never had anything preceding a 4. Not bait, but what's the appeal of having your steak rare? The only raw beef I've eaten is carpaccio, which I loved.

You know if meat had worms in first place cooking wont do shit
And yes if you eat anything before medium rare you can go and chew some raw meat in gay bar

medium

anyone who orders less than medium is the same type of person who raves about MUH IPA's and $100 whiskeys that taste no better than a $20 bottle

6 because I don't like getting sick

'Rare steak' is probably one of the biggest memes to ever exist.
Yes, people exist who prefer it. But I can guarantee you a whole swathe of people who say they do, actually don't and only jump on this bandwagon to appear to be 'manly' and/or keep up some absurd standard of appearance.

Eating fresh raw beef won't ~usually~ make you ill though, and unless you have some gastro/immune bullshit plaguing you already you won't have any ill effects aside from a hearty shit tomorrow.
There's always the risk of infection with raws, no matter how small it might be.
>E. Coli
>Salmonella
>Campylobacter
>Listeria
>Shigella
>S. Aureus
>Hepatitis
>Norovirus
>Tapeworm (not stapled to penis)
>Giardiasis
It's still fucking repellant tho.

5 or 6 here.
Preferably butter fried and peppered.
1-4 will cause me serious problems (aside from being revolting).

i will thank you

this. what am I? a raw meat eater barbarian?

roll

6 with ketchup
not even memeing

I don't understand the circle jerk around steak. I'd rather eat chicken nuggets or something

100g minimum lol

4 is the tastiest but I get scared so I cook it to a 5 most of the time

Do you seriously think protein doesn't exist outside of animal products? I was vegetarian for a year. It really wasn't hard to get my protein in for lifting

you might as well eat sushi.

News flash: carnists have a very poor understanding of nutrition

I go for weeks at a time without meat protein, it's more convenient and I feel better

I pretty much only eat meat for the taste

>I avoid this food product
>My body isnt used to processing it
>When I eat it, I feel bad
>Therefore it is bad for everybody
I didn't realize how dairy-heavy the american diet was until I lived in asia for a year.
When I came back, cheese fucked me up bad.
Does that mean my body had to acclimate to it, or that cheese is bad?

You fucking retard

4 master race here

Juicy as possible, without any raw red meat

wtf are you babbling about? did you mistake this for your travel blog? the topic is meat. cheese is not meat.

Are you high

usually 3-4,if it's good quality steak, i could go as rare as 2 though. 5 is somewhat acceptable but 6 is a no no for me
wow, a genuine retard, never thought i would see one!

honestly, don't even need to freeze it for that long.
i wonder what the propability of getting any kind of disease from meat or even chicken in a civilized western country is.