/greens/

Which ones do you like best?

Other urls found in this thread:

press.uchicago.edu/Misc/Chicago/233472.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm full 1488 and I prefer spinach

Spinach is nutritionally GOAT, but tastes like shit. Chard is all around top tier.
>salad
>alpha-male
kek

I like them all when I get them from my garden. I'll pass on the industrially farmed greens that have been sitting on warehouse shelves for 2 weeks that you get frim the grocer. Protip: If you can't detect minor insect damage on some of the leaves, you're eating poison.

I C E B E R G

Spinach
More nutritional than lettuce and can be put on sandwiches, or you can chop it, cook it, and put it in almost anything that has meat. And even some things that don't.

>le nutritional value

nu male detected

>Spinach is nutritionally GOAT, but tastes like shit.
WTF? Spinach has no taste. Unless you're talking about canned spinach in which case wtf is wrong with you?

pretty much this

what's the point of living to 100 if your ''''life''''' is spent choking down foul tasting nutritional third-world garbage

I was lucky enough to be born in America and the way I thank the Lord is by eating steak, bacon, and hamburgers on a daily basis

so-called "experts" can't even decide what's healthy and what isn't

I say it's BULLSHIT, now pass the butter bitch

Spinach definitely has a taste. Unlike the person you're replying to however, I find it delicious, both cooked and raw.

Unfortunately I have genetically high blood pressure. It's a case of making it past 40 rather than becoming a centenarian.

Depends on the purpose. For lettuce or like a salad I don't really care, shit's all the same to me.
For cooking I like mustard greens or turnips greens, kale or collards and shit is okay too. Also cabbage is good.

my lettuce

This.
Spinach goes on every sandwich and pizza I make.

spinach is obviously the best however it is obnoxious that if eaten raw you need to eat like five heaping handfulls to get one serving

I eat arugula raw when I'm hungry and don't have chips. What can I say, it's tasty.

Sweet potato

you mean like every vegetable?

is this you?

What's the top left? Dantelion or something?

I don't even consider cabbage as a green desu.
Usually I only eat lettuce in salads, but I like spinach and cabbage cooked in various dishes.
Boiled/steamed spinach can also make for a good salad but after it's cooked it's not much of a green to me.

>can't spell
>can't identify vegetables
you poor fuck

Ruccola? i love Ruccola

>Doesn't eat weeds
>a bad thing

Are you retarded? Leaf spinach has a taste and it doesn't taste good. I agree with the user who said chard.

arugula masterclass reported in

>master race

So peppery, so delicious.

Each has their own place and time and works well with other topping and dressings, but Arugula and spinach are the most versatile because they can actually be cooked into other dishes - and they taste good in salads. Unlike the shit tier bottom row.

I like both Romaine and Spinach though

Turnip greens are my favorite, spinach is a close second.

I usually steam turnip greens and serve with seasoning salt and I wilt spinach with garlic powder as a side.

t. beta nu-males

Spinach has a slightly sweet taste and is in general one of the most neutral tasting greens.
> >salad
> >alpha-male
> kek
Unless you're going and and wrangling your own pig to death you can quit the faggy larping.

And that's why America is full of hamplanets that need to ride around in scooters at 40 and die at 50

> I don't give a fuck about my health I'm so cool
Degeneracy

>Baby leaf Spinach doesn't taste nice

I fucking hate Veeky Forums

You really expect a bunch of fly-over fucks to like spinach? The most they can handle is iceberg lettuce drowning in ranch and shredded cheddar.

Should you really be thinking about food during ramadan, achmed?

i do not eat vegetables. what am i a nerd?

Yeah

>Implying I'm a sand nigger

t. the pepper flavor of arugala is too hot for my inbred white palate

Yeah, so what? I'm dogmatic about my produce. It's fucking food instead of a mcchicken. Life's short. I want what I eat to be quality.

I will never understand the concept of wedge salads
its so stupid

Arugula is native to the Mediterranean (including in Europe and the middle east).
Since Middle easterners/Muslims are the most inbred group due to cultural cousin-marriage, I doubt being inbred has anything to do with liking it or not.

I miss the days when mods kept these retards on their containment board

>iceberg
>I like to eat my water, but only if it tastes significantly worse

>what is fiber

C'mon user

for me, it's the bok choy

Probably someone just came up with a way to put in little effort but make it seem special. Raw vegetables still taste better if you put in more effort, like tenderizing or marinating. I found my favorite way to make salad after reading an old Roman recipe for it. You basically mash up all the vegetables together to tenderize them, I like it a lot.

press.uchicago.edu/Misc/Chicago/233472.html

>he doesnt grow his own greens
lmao

Bok choy.

I stir fried some the other night and was floored. The stem is better than celery in every way and the leaves taste better than spinach.

it's also significantly healthier than spinach and all those other western meme greens, although those are still fairly healthy

> significantly healthier
By what metric?
Go to nutrition data and compare nutrients in 100 grams of both, spinach is far ahead, no comparison actually
Why compare it to celery? They aren't even related

The shape the stem takes reminds me a lot of celery.

I use that cologne. Smells great.

I use it too. It's nice

R O M A I N E

Fudds browse Veeky Forums, too? Thought they had enough trouble working computers to know there were different boards here.

>computers
they're mobileposters

Spinach
Dandelion greens
Kale

I enjoy watercress
Where am i?

romaine, I like to eat it with tiny shrimps grapefruit advocado and mayo with smoked paprika. It's delicious as fuck

scandinavia

wtf i'm mad now

before refrigeration the iceberg was more popular because it could have the rotten outer layers peeled and discarded

flyovers would often have it as an "exotic" representation of coastie food because it was the only fresh vegetable

Spinach and cabbage