Beer Thread / possibly a bit of homebrew talk

So, how many here even recognize more than two of these? On the homebrew side of things, opinions on spontaneous fermentation? Worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

ratebeer.com/beer/aass-bock/2131/
usatoday.com/story/travel/experience/food-and-wine/2017/01/11/asheville-nc-breweries/96246466/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I recognise zero of them my brethren.

Drinking pic related tonight. Will move onto some heavier stuff a bit later.

I'm visiting Canada and I have a 6 pack of the cucumber sour right here with me. Not as good as Cascade Brewing sours, which are the best in the world. I don't home brew but I think I'd be nervous making these as aid probably give myself botulism or something.

Are they a meme or should I pick some up? I live in NYC, and work for a certain famous Italian market/eatery that carries plenty of these.

Thank god it existed -the fucking soda threads were almost driving me crazy.

I have the Norwegian Aass Bock in my glass right now after a harsh working day. Good fucking shit indeed.

ratebeer.com/beer/aass-bock/2131/

What's the best Chicago beer lads?

Why do these small breweries have such nu-male labels? Not only that, they only brew shitty generic IPAs. I've been homebrewing and it's extremely easy to brew IPAs, I guess that's why.
I'm mostly brewing Weiss trying to replicate Schneider Weisse and Weihenstephan.
My next goal is to brew a Quadrupel, but I'm having trouble to get all the ingredients.

Try them and let us know. They all sound very nice.

What are some examples of non nu-male labels?

>Meme=Bad
Retard.

New local brewery. For some reason the ipa is much better from the can vs. on tap. That being said, it's still just alright. Kind of grassy, but I dig it. The brown is really solid. I think with time this place will be a good spot to hit up, but probably won't put out anything groundbreaking.

>nu-male labels
What did he mean by this?

>Kind of grassy, but I dig it.
I like the grassy taste you get from fresh wet hopped pale/IPAs so for me that's a nice endorsement.

>spontaneous fermentation

Do you mean just let it go with wild yeast from your home environment? I've had a few that it accidently happened to and they were super sour to the point where there was no malt or hops flavor detectable. I drank some of them but to be at all palatable they had to be ice cold and they didn't taste like beer.

usatoday.com/story/travel/experience/food-and-wine/2017/01/11/asheville-nc-breweries/96246466/

So apparently Asheville, NC has the best beer in the country. Opinions?

I really haven't had too many grassy ones so it was different than most ipas I have tried. The more I drink it the more I prefer it. Super refreshing without being crazy fruity

I'm drinking Kirin Ichiban. Because I"m a weaboo. It's not much more than budweiser and tasstes better.

I live directly across the street from the Torpedo Room in Berkeley, CA. They just had all of their Beer Camp offerings on tap - it was a great sampling opportunity.

I would like to try using spontaneous fermentation for a future brew, but we shall see. It's been a while since my last batch.

Can you make vlog?

eww it'll probably taste like garbage, literally

I'm at work right now, so video isn't possible. Let me see if I can dig up some decent photos on my laptop.

>Retard=Bad
Meme.

This release continues my streak of liking everything oskar blues I've tried lately
Any other recommended coffee flavored beers besides that mediocre coffee milk stout from Stone? I picked up a coffee stout called fuel cafe from some brewery I'm not familiar with to try tonight

The tasting room

More

This too. One of the nice things about being local is I get 10% my tab.

The Grimm sours I've had have been VERY delicate on the palate, almost to the point of not tasting like much. Really gotta concentrate on those suckers, while drinking them.