Visit American friend

>visit American friend
>he puts his eggs, butter, and bread in the fridge

Other urls found in this thread:

food52.com/blog/13237-do-you-really-need-to-refrigerate-butter-9-other-debated-foods
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Eggs and butter DO belong in the fridge

t.french

there is literally no logical reason not to put those things in the fridge

it's acceptable to put eggs and butter either in or out of the fridge

we can all agree that bread shouldn't be refrigerated

Aussie here. Temperatures here outside during summer reach as much as 44C where I live, meaning inside an unoccupied home during the day while I'm at work, it can reach 35C.

Its the start of winter here now, and night times lately it has been as low as 2C during the night and as high as 25C during the day. Right now I leave my butter in the kitchen at room temperature, but if I do that in summer it goes rancid really quick.

Bread no matter the season never goes in the fridge. If I can't eat an entire loaf before it goes off (99% of the time) I put it in the freezer the day after I buy it and take slices out as I need them.

Eggs always go in the fridge, they keep longer and this had been proven. Before cooking eggs, I bring them out and let them come up to room temperature.

Not everyone lives in a place where it's always

Can we all agree people who put jam and ketchup in the fridge are morons?

bread?!

thread over
shitposters who contributed nothing

Fuck off, triggered American. Don't you have a Jack video to watch?

but I'm canadian

Whats the problem here? TOMATO SAUCE should be kept in the fridge so that when youve got hot food the t sauce cools it right down. Ive never experienced my jam being too cold to spread

Only butter, I thought eggs belong there (still do actually). But no.

Source, I'm French and have chicken.

why shouldnt bread go in the fridge? i grew up with my parents always putting it in the fridge and on the rare occasion i buy bread now i also put it in the fridge, it lasts way longer and i generally dont eat it without toasting so i dont think it really matters - but i wnat to hear why its wrong

because it's gross? I've never met anyone who does that. it just makes the bread all weird and soggy, you should eat bread the day you bought it, or buy some denser, heavier bread that is still good to eat a day or two later.

it doesnt get soggy and stays just as dry if not mroe dry than it would sitting out on the counter - im talking of sliced loaf bread btw like a sliced loaf of sourdough or somethgin

yes, it does get soggy. the wild temperature and humidity swings cause condensation, same rules as coffee beans, which should also not go in the fridge

if you have pre-sliced toasting bread you can keep it in the freezer, and take out single slices. you'll still have weird moisture swings but the freezer actually does preserve the bread, unlike the fridge which is just a mold factory

>wild temperature swings
Does your fridge have some sort of weird microclimate setting?

Have fun storing your eggs outside of the fridge.
With modern pasteurization, a protective layer is removed and makes eggs vulnerable to spoiling at room temperatures.

But hey, "those americans" right?

what do you think happens when you open the door, einstein?

>yes, it does get soggy
No, it doesn't.

This is only done in America. In first world countries, eggs are fine outside of the fridge.

but im telling you it doesnt get soggy, the bread comes with a twist tie or other closure ive never had soggy fridge bread

it doesn't seem soggy to you because you are toasting it and you're eating shitty pre-sliced bread loaded with chemicals so it hardly matters

it's still soggy, compared to storing the bread the way bread should be stored

the fridge confers no advantage and has only disadvantages for bread. bread isn't milk

Bread goes stale more quickly in the fridge.

Our eggs are still pasturized, moron. What you do is violently scrub off the surface of your eggs so your ignorant masses don't have to know that your eggs are basically swimming in feces at all times

Eggs are essentially meat, so for the same reason I would store chicken outside of a fridge...

Butter ain't keep a cube out but store the rest. Butter actually rots pretty quickly.

Bread stays fresh longer in the fridge.

sometimes i dont toast it and make a sandwich and it isnt soggy - if you use the closures the bread comes with theres no reason it should go soggy

>Butter actually rots pretty quickly.
uwot

Not the impact that you think, faggot

food52.com/blog/13237-do-you-really-need-to-refrigerate-butter-9-other-debated-foods

Well fuck off then, go and live in your sorry French Chinese cities and fuck off

Complete faggot who made absolutely no contribution to this thread

Why did you link that? It states the exact opposite - the high fat content of butter and its pasturized milk make it really pretty unlikely that it's ever going to rot.

Butter will go rancid long before it rots, and you can taste that.

where i live id end up with a tub of melted butter if i left it out of the fridge

im guessing its a european thing intended for colder climates

>Winter
It summer you mongoloid. Pasta confirmed.

Not sure if trolling or just American

No. The packaging explicitly says these should be kept refrigerated once opened.

I don't browse Veeky Forums all the time, how was I to know it was pasta?

I put sliced bread in the fridge because I toast all my sandwiches. Doesn't affect the flavor at all and makes the bread last longer.

it is- we don't keep them in the fridge here in ireland either

Lmao, you still haven't realised. Protip: google the current season in Australia

It June. Start of summer?

>Many Americans pit things in the fridge because their nanny the FDA tells them to, mostly because the average American is too stupid to think for themselves based on the environment or temperatures they may live in.

Was there any reason to say this? Maybe we just like our food to last longer. Even in cold climates the inside of your house probably won't be as cold as the inside of a fridge. Unless you're a poorfag with no heater.

>bread in the fridge
it's better in the freezer, where it doesn't stale as badly.
But, there is GOOD reason not to have bread on the countertops at room temp. It is often going to cost you mold and spoilage before you finish the loaf if your house ever gets above like 76F or 85% humidity. It can happen in a single half day if you leave your house and crank up the A/C for energy reasons.

Why do people from hot countries always put their food in the fridge? Don't they realise it'll keep just fine in the snow outside?

Are you trolling or did you fall asleep in middle school science class?

Eggs are fine in the fridge. You just need to take them out in advance before cooking.

>visit american friend
>he puts his beer in the fridge
Wtf? You're killing all the flavor

>or buy some denser, heavier bread that is still good to eat a day or two later.
That isn't the fix against mold in Florida temps and humidity.

How the fuck are supposed to crack a cold one with the boys if none of your ones are cold? Stupid Euros.

>Was there any reason to say this?
I'm not the guy you're replying to, but yes, I think it's worth pointing out that many people are caught up in "rules" rather than learning to use their senses to evaluate the food. Tons of food gets wasted because people who don't know any better rely on things like best-by dates rather than actually observing the food in question.

As for having food last longer, that's exactly why you should NOT refrigerate your bread. The refrigerator is a poor place to store bread. Either freeze it or store it at room temp.

For 1. I don't know what middle school is, 2. I wouldn't learn about the seasons in science it would have been playgroup and 3. What the fuck are you talking about.

Where are you from m8?

>Our eggs are still pasturized, moron.
Not unless they're marked that, special eggs that are meant to used for "raw" purposes like fresh Caesar dressing, or for immuno suppressed people to consume. Eggshells are cleaned in ordinary grocery eggs, but pasteurization has to do with the temp they're brought up to that kills bacteria in and out.

Ireland, why?

>live in tiny apartment
>everything goes in the fridge or it stays in the table until i accidentally break it somehow

The southern hemisphere has winter during our summer

WTF just googled it.
They don't have snow in December!!!
They have Christmas dinner in the summer heat, what's the point?

No wonder they shitpost all the time, they're confused it's snowing in July and roasting in January.

Bread in fridge: instantly dry.
Eggs: will stay fresh longer, no reason not to keep them in fridge.
Butter: Store "supply" in fridge, keep one bar for immediate use out of fridge. Stays fresh for a long time when refrigerated, so you can buy half a year's supply and not worry about buying it with your regular groceries.

It dehydrates it.

Salted butter can be kept out, unsalted should be in the fridge.

Butter goes into the freezer. 1 left out in a butter bell on the counter, same with bread.
US eggs are washed, always in the fridge. I do temper them if I know the recipe/technique calls for it.

New Zealander here, none. No point , it's terrible then we go outside and drink terrible beer in effeminate shorts.

Fake news

Do they not have air conditioning in Australia? I'm in the US, but in a region where it's not unusual to hit 35-45C in the peak summer months, but my house stays a nice consistent 18C year-round because I have central heating/cooling.

64? Lol yeah right

>Visit European friend
>Get stabbed by Mouhamed

>Visit Briton friend
>Literally everything he eats is deep fried and halal
>He serves me baked beans for breakfast

If you have decent central air and a basement then 64 can be maintained year round.

No shit, why do you WANT it that cold?

Because I like it at that temperature?

Yeah, and if your house is @1500 sqft the elecric bill will only be $600.00/month.

Are you morbidly obese?

Way too chilly for me, 69-72 F is where I keep my apartment.

Yeah.

>Bread in the fridge
That's no American, friendo.

Power is only $0.05/KWh here because of hydrothermal

You can also cut cooling costs significantly by keeping windows open at night, then closing and drawing the curtains during the day. Having a basement helps equalize the temperature, and like I said, central AC is amazing.

No, just skinnyfat (BMI of 23)

> hydrothermal

Err, hydroelectic.

Where is here

Semi-arid region in Western US

Lowest rates I could find was 7.14 in Washington. You are not the normal, I hope you realize.

European - Not frat

I mean I get you have strong opinions and this slight cannot go unpunished, but American eggs do in fact have to be refrigerated because we do not vaccinate our chicken for salmonella

Eggs from the store in the US get pasturized unless you buy farm fresh. This gets rid of the membrane that surrounds the shell that keeps them fresh. So in the US we put eggs in the fridge. Sucks but that's how it is.

Bread is retarded cause it makes the bread soggy, long term bread storage should be in the freezer because it halts the motion of water out of the bread. However, you shouldn't be buying more bread than you can eat in one week anyway.

Butter is personal preference.

where do you live that is so great?

>Irish education
Come on man. If that's what independance from the UK does to you, i'm not surprised a lot of Scots are voting conservative now

It gets dehydrated, not soggy. You should refrigerate non salted butter if you keep it out longer than 2 weeks, or over 70f.

>Eggs from the store in the US get pasturized

No, they get washed. You cannot pasteurize an egg without heating it. Heating it cooks the egg. The eggs are obviously not pre-cooked, therefore there is no pasteurization happening.

Burgerblob eggs get chemically treated, destroying the outer layer. Their inferior eggs must be kep cold.

Anyone who puts butter in the fridge is a retard that will destroy their toast with hard butter. Get a butter bell for fucks sake.

Oh, so now your an eggspert in food safety? Where did you get your PhD from?

bird school, which is for birds

Yes Tommy, I'm the eggspert at women. Let's go eat, hah.

>eating a whole loaf bread in a day
is this why europoor obesity is on the rise?

>Butter is mainly for toast
I bet you buy salted butter, too

Salted butter would be fine to leave out, if it's not over 70f.

buy smaller loaves, foreveralone

Why are europoors so uneducated... what a burden

Says the retard who can't punctuate.

Yes.

We fuck with the eggs to much over here, so they need to be put in the fridge. Butter can be left out. Bread? Fuck right off if you refrigerate that.

In any climate where it is very hot and humid you put them all in the fridge