Do you guys consider Mac and Cheese an entree or a side. Also, what's a good combo with Mac and Cheese?

Do you guys consider Mac and Cheese an entree or a side. Also, what's a good combo with Mac and Cheese?

A side.

Goes great with a steak, or with BBQ.

honestly, i don't see it really as either. it's like a dish that is halfway done

Just plain noodles, it's a side.
With meat and spinach and whatnot mixed in, it's an entree.

A side. With fried shicken.

It can be eaten by itself idgaf what u say give me the whole pot.

>mixing spinach with mac n cheese
Who does this. Meat I understand but greens do not belong

Too rich and heavy to be it's own thing.

honestly why not?
mac&cheese is essentially just lasagne without the tomaty&meat sauce and you've probably seen some vegeterian versios of lasagne
wait, you want your mains to be light?

bacon fried with kale and mushrooms bro

it goes good with anything

it's an entree when i'm at home and have a whole bunch of it.

i'm eating 1,500 calories worth in one sitting.

Depends on how fancy it is and how much you eat. If it's got some extra stuff in there and you eat an entree sized portion then it's and entree. If it's just Mac with cheese mixed on there and you only eat a little on the side then it's a side dish.

A side, unless you put onions and three types of cheese with it.
I think it goes well with pulled pork. Stick a pork shoulder in a crock pot with a can or BBQ sauce, orange juice, coffee, and garlic and find some good buns or corn tortillas, maybe

It can be both, I usually have it with some spam.

generally a side dish. I've had it with bits of chicken, avocado, and tomato in it though, that was a bit more substantial and very good

lasagne - lasagna noodles, red sauce, meat, ricotta, cheese, whatever else

mac n cheese - pasta, cheese.

Yeah I see how it's the same thing almost. Except absolutely nothing like it besides the pasta base. "Just make a box of kraft dinner, it's basically lasagna"

are you retarded or just trying to be?
>pasta,tomato&sauce+cheese
>pasta&cheese
complete different
HURR DURR

>entree or a side
neither, it's a lazy days main.
>Also, what's a good combo with Mac and Cheese?
shame & guilt. I always feel bad when I'm too lazy or too tired to cook up sth proper

>mac&cheese is essentially just lasagne without the tomaty&meat
And a burger without the meat and tomato sauce is just bread, what's your point?

go ahead and eat lasagne with your bbq fag

You poorfags realize that not all macaroni and cheese comes from a box, right?

I put ham chunks and steamed broccoli in mac n cheese

>not making mac and cheese a self-contained meal with bacon, hot dogs and onions mixed in

It doesnt matter what you put in it, it depends on what its paired with.

Next to a steak or meatloaf? Its a side

Next to breadsticks or sausage links, or (obviously) by itself? Its an entree.

Why would a steak make it a side but sausage make it an entree when they're both meat? Also how does adding bread to basically bread and cheese make it an entree?

>Also how does adding bread to basically bread and cheese make it an entree?

Because if there's only two foods present and I am forced to decide which is the side and which is the entree the bread is more side-like than the mac and cheese is. Therefore the bread becomes the side and the mac and cheese is the entree.

Makes sense. Good answer. I get it now. Thanks.

Because the sausage becomes a meaty breadstick for dipping into the melted cheese. The mac and cheese is the main focus of the meal

Answered this for me pretty well. You make breadsticks or garlic bread to compliment the mac and cheese. You dont get ready to prepare an "entree" of breadsticks and think "What would go well with this? I better make a side of mac and cheese to go with it."

The pasta is Primo, you fucking pleb.
It goes
>Appertivo
>Pasta
>Carne
>Dulce

*bread with cheese, tomato, lettuce, mayo. and pickles

It's an appetizer :^)

>Italy

go away

This guy fucks

Hey what's a good recipe for Mac and cheese? I live in Sweden BTW.

Mac & cheese is essentially a peanut butter sandwich if you change the bread for noodles and the peanut butter for cheese.

Nah it's a dessert, famiglia :^)

It's a side, unless you're Canadian or want to be one.

You need either some roasted red peppers, or some stewed tomatoes on your mac n cheese, OP. Personally I like the stewed tomatoes, I think the acidity pairs nicely with the creaminess of the cheese.

Don't be one of those dipshits that ruins the top layer with croutons though. The croutons get soggy and it completely defeats the point of having croutons.

>sex is gay if the girl has a dick

I think I'll make dessert mac and cheese now.

A side, what sort of fat fuck would have it for a starter?

It can be both faggot

Is this the only pic you have?

AHHHHH THE FRENCH