Chorizo?

hey Veeky Forums

i have a few chorizo links sitting in my fridge right now. was curious if there was anything in particular i should do with it. i was considering a quiche, but i'm open to trying anything. i have basically any ingredient i might need for any recipe.

make a reverse hotdog

I once had chorizo in a toasted and oiled hot dog with coleslaw which was marvelous

choripan with chimichurri or llajwa. goddam now I might have to do that tonight

The only thing Ive used chorizo in is a mexican spaghetti with a traditional sauce / salsa mix.

ooh, chimichurri would be lovely
boy howdy

my friend one time made a chorizo meatloaf holy fuck was it ever good

do that

my ex bf could make some bomb ass chorizo burritos

Chili, huevos rancheros, burritos

Finally, a question for me. Chorizo's my favourite food.

Chorizo risotto's are GOAT. With scallops it's a win/win. In general associating chorizo with sea food is a great idea since it brings spiciness and life into more delicate ingredients.

You can also grill it and mix it into omelettes with bell peppers and onions.

In a cake with olives and feta cheese it also great.

Lastly my favourite thing to do though is kind of a puff pastry bite with thinly sliced chorizo, tomato paste and any cream cheese you can find in your country. Pic related (though it's not chorizo there)

i was leaning toward seafood. maybe brown up my chorizo with tons of garlic and fuck up some mussels. maybe make some chimichurri on the side.

Garlic might be a little too overkill if your chorizo is spicy, especially with chimichurri.

ah, i hadn't considered that. might tone down the garlic.

make a stew out of it with chickpeas

Get some chicken, corn, black beans, onions, bell peppers, cilantro and rice. Make some nigger food

Me too senpai. Try an argentinian chorize next thanksgiving for the stuffing.

I made an AMAZING stuffing using chorizo one thanksgiving. Chorizo + fresh bread toasted + all sorts of shit.

Look up chorizo and clams recipe. for some fucking reason pork and shellfish go together really well

Cube it, fry it up with cubed squid and serve that with gnocchi and a paprika-coulis.

chourico works the sest as an ingredient in stews sliced, you fry it up a bit before adding the onions/garlic

I don't celebrate Thanksgiving, French here. I'll keep the stuffing idea though thanks user

chorizo eggs potatoes diced and cheese ontop, layered however you want but i prefer the potatoes on the bottom and the eggs scrambled with the chorizo with TONS of peperjack. Makes a great to go breakfast bowl.

If you want it to be fancy, drain the chorizo, leave the oil, then sautee some garlic, onions, peppers and you can even wilt some spinach if youd like, use the ingredients to make breakfast burritos or tacos (My fav and easy to feed the family with on weekends, kids get to add their own ingredients and make it a sit down breakfast), you can even add bacon (Drain the pan first unless you want MORE chorizo spice).

Tons of stuff you can do

>tfw when putting chimichurri on my hamburgers
Lol I'm such a rebel

What kind, OP? The one you grill or the hard one that's eaten as a cold cut?

An omelette!

Spanish stew?

Did you make the sausage yourself?

no, but i would love to make my own sausage one day. i need a few pieces of equipment first, though.

i copped out and made mussels. pics are up in the fml thread if anyone is interested. i appreciate the feedback in this thread though!

fry with onions, potatoes, peppers, chilies, and garlic. Season with cumin, oregano, pepper, and paprika. Serve with fried or poached egg.

Remove the skin and cook like country sausage.
Add home fries when chorizo is half way done.
Add diced bell peppers and onion when potatoes are half done.
Add scrambled eggs when potatoes are almost done
Breakfast burritos with cilantro and salsa.

Did he stuff his chorizo burrito in your bomb ass afterwards?

Choripanes. Lentoil stew. Chorizos alla pomarola.

But chorizo isn't close to spicy.

spicy =/= hot

It's one of the main ingredients in paella

oh no it isn't

The word your looking for is spiced. Spicy does in fact mean hot, my non-English speaking friend.

Shit, that sounds so good I'd forget how much I hate eggs and eat it.

use one chorizo link/sausage

Chop it into 2cm thick slices.

Heat a bit of oil in a pan

brown the chorizo in the pan

drain all but a small amount of the fat

Add 4 tablespoons of red wine vinegar

Add one table spoon of honey

Cook on medium until the sauce has been reduced down and lightly glazed the chorizo (you don't want the honey to be caramelised/burnt)

Shit is insanely nice.

Make a breakfast burrito

that's chorizo colorado, not very good for choripanes like all the retards above me are saying, the best thing you can cook with them are stews or mexican shit , avoid chimichurri completely.

no need for oil, chorizo has tons of fat in it.