What whiskey is the king of whiskeys?

What whiskey is the king of whiskeys?

Anything involving snake whiskey.

American bourbon: best for the money has got to be Evan Williams BiB (pictures on right)

king of bourbon is woodford reserve
king of scotch is glenlivet

Forty Creek Confederation Oak

i was so good with this guy in real bout fatal fury 2

Definitely. Woodford is my favorite to drink straight

Evan Williams tastes like industrial cleaner.

Mah nigga

Any BiB from a major producer is a good bet.

who /jimbeam/ here

Bookers

Heh, I have been known;) Probably the last dark liquor I have purchased. Usually roll with Ronie D and the Boys /rondiaz/.

Even Williams is the sweet spot between price and quality. Pic related is the best value due to it's longer aging (currently 8-9 years - formerly 10 years).

OP will like the cock

/thread

This. I ehnt had pappy van wickle tho.

I like Makers Mark.
How shit am I?

Jack Daniels, fuck off purists, corn master race

Try old crow reserve. On par, if not better than jack and only 15$ a handle

Will do, god I love bourbon

Hi

>blended whiskey

Fucking blasphemy, get that shit out of my face

O V E R P R I C E D

highlandpark 15

Auchentoshan three wood

Honestly this one was terrific. Definitely recommend

For me it's Old Grand Dad bottled in bond, the best budget bourbon.

Why are you fags so crazy about bottled in bond? The ageing requirement is low as fuck

I prefer scrotch, but I think Buffalo Trace is my favorite ksbw that I've tried

The only craft whiskey I will buy for special occasions

That would be my friend Evan Williams. 1.75 liters for $25

>4 years is a low as fuck aging requirement

We aren't taking scotch here, my dude

Any other anons try this before? Apparently the batches vary in quality, but the few times I've bought the stuff have all been pleasant and easily worth the 25$ price tag

I've had it. It's alright.

>whiskey in a wine bottle
I don't know why, logically I know it shouldn't matter, but this triggers me.

muh 'froig

best /sipped/ with a cigar

best bourbon is blanton's tho

evan williams, second place, old crow, third runner up some kind or early times. last place is tennesee shit like jack daniel or geogry dickell. tastes like you dumped the contents of a charcoal grill in the stuff!

mackmyra for life yo
>american bourbon
>whiskey thread
what's wrong with you?

I'm honestly too much of a pussy for that much smokiness.

Scotch reviewer here, ask me anything about scotch or other whisky.
Its not even that smokey. Laph QC is much stronger. Hell try the Ardbeg Uige if you want something more fruit forward
Blanton's is nice but the prices here in Canada are awful, its over $60 a pop just for the regular one. Even Eagle Rare 10 is $55 CAD which turned me off getting a bottle last week.
BT is my go to budget sipper, I hope they keep the current maturity and don't sell out the recipe like Knob Creek did.

Also posting my recent favorite distillery, had a 19 year IB from them and it was divine.

Evan Williams is definitely not in the sweet spot between price and quality, because even it's low price cannot justify a taste that fucking bad.

shit
shit
dec

BiBs have historically been a good value since they have to be 100 proof. 'Craft' BiBs, dunno.

>falling for the Craigellachie meme

Why in the world is Evan Williams being posted in this thread?

because it all tastes basically the same

(shitty)

What level of Veeky Forums hell will I end up on for wanting to try a Four Horsemen (Jack Daniels, Jim Beam, Johnny Walker, and Jameson)? I'm relatively young, but I've tried all four separately. My favorite of the group is probably Jameson, but my favorite whisky in general is .

This shit used to be like 10 bucks at my walmart for a bottle. FUCKING TEN DOLLARS!

Now its like 20.

What is the cheapest and best Whiskey a man can get?

I haven't drank that much whiskey and I don't want to spend money on something I'm not sure I'll like. I've only tried shots of Wild Turkey and some other assorted honey whiskeys. I prefer the turkey over the honey if that helps.

Excuse me, comin through

My nigga

Best Irish I've ever had.

Evan Williams ain't terrible.

price?

101 if you wanna get trashed, Evan Williams if you're on a budget, pic related is the best middle ground.

>not the cask strength
Shit taste desu

im a pleb and like crown

So all Canadian whiskies are blasphemy too? >:(

My go to Bourbon, great tastes.

Forty Creek Founder's Reserve

>I prefer the turkey over the honey if that helps.
You'll be all right, son.

Shrug, it's your life, do what you want. But it doesn't sound very interesting.

>american bourbon
>whiskey thread
Bourbon is whiskey, you pretentious fag.

I just wish is wasn't so expensive
I only get one a year

>no Old Grand-dad

Seriously one of the better bourbons for less than $40.

The 80 proof is acceptable, dry, spicy and not sickly sweet like many cheap bourbons.

The 100 proof BIB is legitimately great.

The 114 is a bit too strong without letting it sit in ice and melt a bit, but great if you want a strong bottle of bourbon for not much money that doesn't taste like sweetened paint thinner - a 750ml bottle can be had for $24.

For a while it was impossible to find, at least in Houston, but now it's popping up like crazy and the bottles have changed. It's also $3-5 more expensive, which I dislike, of course, but it still tastes just as good, so I'm glad they didn't rape the mash-bill, all the rye is still in it.

OGD 80 proof is the same price and doesn't taste like sugar and kerosene, sir.

Anyone else a fan of unaged whiskeys? Most people I know hate them but I love one glass here and there.

That Kickin' Chicken works for me!

Is that a Webley?

101 is great for the price. I also enjoy redbreast and pretty much any islay scotch you throw at me.

I tried buffalo trace once, wasn't a fan. All I could taste on it was medicine. Not even notes of medicinal qualities, just straight medicinal.

Some people like it, but it wasn't for me.

Best Scotch I've had is Lagavulin 16

Best Bourbon I've had is Four Roses Single Barrel

Im pretty sure nobody here posts Craigellachie

I had some really good slightly aged new make whisky from a small distillery from BC, shit was cash.

My current favorite

What's the difference between this and vodka?

Best Scotch I ever had was Lagavulin 16 sherry cask until I tasted the 1999 distillers edition. It's the crack version of Lagavulin 16. You only need to taste it once.

Got a bottle of this hidden away from sunlight. It's the apotheosis of Scotch.

Interesting but only in small doses, personally speaking.

One of my favorites

Vodka has a neutral flavour and so is usually redistilled several times and filtered. Unaged whiskies have strong, distinct flavours.

red breast is p good

>prices here in Canada are awful

>live in texas
>cant buy this shit out of the state because retarded laws
>stores get 1 -2 bottles

ill never be able to buy it.

Yes

If you haven't already, try their rye, it's phenomenal, well, at least if it's not the 3 year old bottle they have, that stuff is rough. The 6 and 8 year old bottles are fantastic.

I'll have to give it a try! Thanks for the recommendation

The older Willetts are MGP though. But they probably have better casks.

This is the best, for the price no doubt. The distillers cut the cost on presentation as they only care about true flavor.

It comes in an Antifreeze bottle with a taped on label. This is the antithesis of presentation for whiskey.

Me. Cant be the ol' JB. Its so good n cheap. Best bang for the buck

Speyside>Islay>everything else>>>>>>>>americuck pissky

Glenlivet, you shitin me son? I'm not even mad you like Glenlivet the most (I think it's the best light Scotch I've had) but the fact that there is one you overall like best, Scotch whiskeys is such a developed and wide field.

I believe they all offer a sufficiently developed and individual experience that they all need to be accounted for.

I knew it was too early in the thread for someone to have actually been able to find this and then actually been able to afford it.

>first hit is Japanese whisky
gggoogle

Are you kidding me? Not a single mention of Talisker? It's been literally dubbed as the "King of Drinks."

whats the difference between the glenfiddich 12 and that one in the pic?

I agree, I have had more than one glass and I just feel trashed. Its too strong to drink a lot of.