Name a breakfast better than a big pile of crumpets

Name a breakfast better than a big pile of crumpets.

Pro-tip: You can't.

Other urls found in this thread:

taste.com.au/recipes/basic-scones/12d869d1-2ac9-44ae-a88d-11354729fcb5
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sex with a woman.

NORMIE GET OUT!

I hate threads like these, they're boring and end up in pointless flaming rather than discussion.

Biscuits.

fpbp

Fuck off amerifat

>biscuts
>posts a scone

Case in point, you're not even British you're just pretending to be to start inter-continental shitposting.

kys faggot

I really like crumpets, even though I don't know exactly what they are.

Make me, cumslut.

>carbs and fat
>no meat
yeah, nah. i'm going to need at least some eggs if not some kind of meat

That's english muffins...

English Muffins

turbotard.

They are nook and cranny butter saucers. We went over this shit a week ago.

Cum.

kill yourself

Nice English muffins, nooks and crannys.

big pile of crumpets with marmite on't top

I never had crumpets
Are they just small and fluffy pancakes?

>having breakfast

Not quite.
Airation causes the shape, but it isn't "fluffy" it's more chewy than anything, but it's a light gluten chewy.
They're also very buttery.
Maybe like a cross between a croissant and a pancake?

Two beer and a glass of whiskey.
Please kill me already.

scones have sugar. biscuits do not.

Incorrect actually.
They're supposed to be a savory base, as the stuff you put on them are usually super sweet.
Some people put a little bit of sugar in scones but that isn't typical.

I've never had a scone that wasn't sweet. Also, scones tend to be slightly more dense than biscuits.

I've never had an American 'biscuit' so I don't really know to compare.
Every time I've had a score the entire point is something warm and savory with something sweet.
Don't know about density, scones typically tend towards crumbling easily.

Rasberry bananna smoothie.

Ayy lmao. I was responsible for that thread.

Biscuits are fluffy, and optimally they should have layers that flake apart as opposed to crumbling. Another thing is, I've never seen a biscuit with fruit baked into it.

Yeah but that makes sense seeing as what they're respectively used for.
I'm not saying they're different or that one is 'better' than the other when they serve different purposes. Just that typically scones do not contain sugar by design. Doesn't mean that sweeter variants with a bit of sugar or lemonade or embedded fruit don't exist.

It must be different in jolly ol' Bongistan, because in America, all scones are sweet, and most have some kind of fruit in them.

Half of my family are britbong but I'm strayan.
It's obviously the location. I mean over there if scones were just the same as your 'biscuits' then they'd just be called biscuits.
So yeah they're probably different.

Here is the top google result linking to a normie cooking website. Most recipes I've had or made are more or less this.
taste.com.au/recipes/basic-scones/12d869d1-2ac9-44ae-a88d-11354729fcb5
Those I've put sugar in are maybe a quarter of a cup at most every two cups of flour. And it's half for just having them brown in the oven than for flavor, sometimes you brush them with milk for the same result.

I think the main difference is in the amount of liquid used. Typically, biscuit dough will be a 2:1 ratio of flour-to-buttermilk, and if 3:1 is typical for scones, then that's going to result in a more dense, less fluffy pastry. I think they're distinct enough to warrant their own names.

crumpets are just english muffins

Crumpets are like English muffins, if you took out the yeast from the dough and replaced it with baking powder, used milk instead of water, used more liquid so it's a batter instead of a loose dough, and only cooked one side so the top looks like an English muffin cut in half. Other than those things, they're exactly the same.

Sure if you'd like. But you could describe them as a more dense biscuit or a lighter scone if you want and it'd still be decently accurate.

You could also call challah bread a lighter brioche, but we don't, because they're different things.

Dosa and sambar

nah you fuck back off to /r9k/ with your frogposting. You're not welcome anywhere else.

for me its the mcgriddle

Sausage, eggs, grits, and biscuits

Do you celebrate Easter?